Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is the draw for the UEFA Cup and Champions League qualifying.

Champions League: NK Zagreb is in the 2nd qualifying round. They will find out the two teams that will be playing each other to face them. Will play their games July 31 and August 7.

UEFA Cup:
Dinamo automatically in because they're Cup winners. Will play first round September 19 and October 2.

Hajduk and Varteks are in the qualifying round and will find out who they play. Both will play games August 15 and August 29.

·
©
7,230 Posts
huh....the time has come for Dinamo to make up for the bad WC and win the UEFA Cup!!:) We will stroll past the first few rounds and then later on it will become even easier in the quarters and semi's. Might aswell engrave the name DINAMO ZAGREB on the trophy now.:tongue:

I am starting to sound like Ciro!!:D

Hopefully all of our clubs get a good draw and can get past a few rounds. Zagreb making the CL is unlikely unless they get a really unbelievable draw, but I think Dinamo and Hajduk are capable of at least a few rounds of the UEFA.....hopefully.....maybe. :undecide:

·
Registered
36,386 Posts
Belupo goes into the intertoto cup, so does Osijek I think

·
Registered
461 Posts
i certainly hope that dinamo can get through the first couple of rounds because then anything can happen...i also hope to see zagreb make the CL...hope for a good draw

·
©
7,230 Posts
nah...Rijeka goes into the intertoto, not Osijek. Slaven Belupo is also there due to another team dropping out from somewhere.

Ero, what is the situation in BiH. Who goes where?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For B-H teams, Zeljeznicar is in the Champions League, but starts in the 1st Qualifying rounds. Meaning they need to win 3 qualifying rounds to go through. In the UEFA Cup, Sarajevo and Siroki Brijeg are in the qualifying round.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Here are the results:

Zalaegerszegi TE (HUN) v NK Zagreb (CRO)

HNK Hajduk Split (CRO) v GÍ Gøtu (FAR)

NK Varteks (CRO) v Dundalk FC (IRL)

I think all three should result in wins. The major concern was what kind of draw Zagreb would get and I think it is as good as they can hope for in this round at least. Maybe our Hungarian friends could fill us in on the opponent because I have never heard of them.;)

Varteks have an interesting trip to Ireland. Infact Rijeka also have an Irish opponent in the intertoto cup. There should be some good fun had amongst the fans.:drunk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts