Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is clear what Bayern have to do in this match. Goals will be needed and a stern defence is crucial. Bayern should be back very close to 100% health wise, aside from Altintop, of course.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is clear from reading news reports today that FCB is completely focused on the return leg against Zenit. No celebrations were had after the Stuttgart match despite being offered by management.

I think this really speaks to the focus of this side right now.

I know I will get criticized for this, but I would not be shocked to see a 3-1 or 4-1 Bayern victory.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Kahn 100% and Klose will not suffer from injury so it will be coaches decision.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kahn 100% and Klose will not suffer from injury so it will be coaches decision.
Regardling Klose, I am not sure who I would choose to start opposite Luca Toni... Podolski has shown flashes in spots but you have to think Klose will get off the skid soon and net a goal.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, it's Russia away game, so beware that. If Zenit can stop Toni or Ribery:rollani: they have good chance. This will be interesting game.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
That it is in Russia can only fear others but not Bayern. Look at Bayern's record in Russia. They might have performed better over there than any other team has.

But they can't underestimate St. Petersburg...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are right. While confidence is obviously very high for Bayern after Saturday, and having Toni back in the side, Bayern cannot overlook Zenit in the least.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
We have a good record against Spartak Moscow, but St. Petersburg is different. This is the first time we play against them.

So I bealive Bayern should have caution in this match. Nevertheless I trully bealive in Bayern's quality and team's performance. We must score an early goal and have a very good defense and we will be fine.

Klose or Poldi? I bealive Klose will start and SHOULD start.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Of course is very good that Toni is back to the team's line-up since he is the only stricker that is scoring from Bayern. But I do hope that Klose scores in Russia! :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, ironical as it may sound, I think we need to play the same way we did at Getafe.i.e, try and get the ball upto the strikers as quickly as possible.

I'm not sure if the Zenit pitch has improved, and I doubt Zenit will do everything possible to have it in perfect condition. Bayern certainly wont be able to play the neat 1-2's and triangles with ease. I think possession will be evenly shared because of this.

It looks like it's going to be a scrappy affair and Toni is exactly the kind of striker needed for these kind of games.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
And now Sagnol must stay at Munich. I don't know why our players aren't patient at all. Of course he was once a World Class right back and rocked, and of course it sucks to see an overrated pseudo-clown play in your place, but he must be more professional. And it wasn't even the first time he was played as a midfielder.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I hate Hitzfeld :D.

But of course this is the correct decision, you cannot let a player argue about you in public. However in the whole situation Hitzfeld is wrong. You have to play him instead of Lell, period. There is definitely something personal wrong between him and Hitzfeld, already since months...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
But the fact that it's already announced Hitzy will be gone next season doesn't help the scenario at all. Demichelis is another proof of this.

I just hope not to see such stuff under the inexperienced Klinsmann and especially his Mexican-American-Hondurasian-... assistants who probably won't be seen as such successful and sophisticated personalities in the eyes of our star players.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
It is all a matter of their decisions. If Klinsmann makes good decisions only the likes of Lell :D will have something to complain about and honestly: Who cares? :pp

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Good thing is Slomka has no job yet ;). Otherwise in emergency bring back Lattek :howler: :pp.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts