Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wednesday: Feb 18

Well if we're going to win anything this season, this is it. Fortunately for us Werder are in a shittier form. Since coming from the winter break, they have a (loss, loss, draw) form. Even with Kaladze we should be able to pass this round without too much problems.

I know this trophy ain't worth shit, but it's the only one missing from our cabinet. Might as well win it now. Mattioni is not registered so don't expect him to play.

Forza Milan

Lineups: ???

·
Registered
15,061 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously, who the **** cares.
And I thought you were gonna be the first to walk in Weserstadion:D

The ??? is to suggest it's too early for line-ups;)

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
We'll probably see:

Dida

Antonini-Bonera-Senderos-Favalli

Beckham-Flamini-Seedorf

Ronaldinho

Shevchenko-Inzaghi​

With Pato over Sheva also likely. Ronaldinho's participation could also depend on whether Kaka recovers for the weekend game vs Cagliari.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Cagliari is getting more dangerous each and every week.they are very a pesky team to overcome, we will need Ricky by then. On Bremen's game, Sheva should start from the very 1st minute he will bring us the UEFA cup and lift up in Istanbul

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn I forgot we have Cagliari:scared: next weekend. They're not to mess with, than again with this dangerous type of teams we seem to do well.

Concentrazione

We have Werder to take care of first

·
Registered
295 Posts
play the primavera team and lets get the hell out of this competition.

We are in a big enough fight as it is to make the CL, without this waste of space competition.

Im still totally confused as to why it is even played. Relevance, zero!

·
Premium Member
43,417 Posts
Honestly, I am all for playing top 11 for UEFA. I do care about this cup - its the 2nd most important one in Europe and we never won it. Its good to close down the circle. Plus, its the only one we can win this year and a win will take us to the Euro Super Cup. Now, I know ,most fans don't care about any of that but I honestly do. For me Milan is more Milan in Europe and I care about how we play and win there.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i agree with bono. it's the only chance of silverware we have this year and it would guarantee us the euro super cup. both trophies would be great and could prevent this season of becoming a failure.
of course i would prefer the scudetto but that was never a realistic target for us anyway. galliani, berlu and co have ****ed that up during the last transfer campaigns and ancelotti has not really helped things by sticking to the same players and tactics all the time. we just can hope they come to senses next summer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Agreed! MILAN should play to win and win cups! How could one not care about UEFA cup? is 4th place in Italy more important? Come on, we should win this cup!
As for the line-ups, Sheva is not likely to play, but Pippo should be there! I think that Kaka must be given more rest and therefore R80 should get a chance!

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Milan Squad:

Abbiati, Dida, Perucchini (50)

Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Zambrotta,

Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf,

Inzaghi, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

·
Registered
295 Posts
How could one not care about UEFA cup? is 4th place in Italy more important?
Um, you are saying playing in a meaningless competition for minnows is more important than making the Champions league next season?

Now Ive heard it all! bwahahaha.

The problem is the UEFA cup waste of space per se, but that fact our squad is ordinary and relies on too few, which means concentrating on this competition puts our CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ASPIRATIONS in jeapordy.

That my friends, is the trade off.

And I would take 1 year of CL football over a million years of meaningless UEFA cup branded friendlies.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed! MILAN should play to win and win cups! How could one not care about UEFA cup? is 4th place in Italy more important? Come on, we should win this cup!
Thank you Tihost, for putting some sense into people. It's too bad we're a year early. Next year those who win the Europa Cup get an automatic CL birth. To all the people that say that they don't care, I think you deserve another 5th Serie A place.
The best incentive to win this is obviously the Super Cup, probably against Barca :lick:
I doubt we'll see Barca win CL. The refs in CL are not going to help them like the refs in Spain. Of course there's exceptions, like when Shevchenko scores and Markus Merk calls it a faul:rollani:. But no more Merk.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Shevchenko will not participate in this game since he's still injured.

"L'A.C. Milan comunica che, dopo l'esito degli esami medici di oggi pomeriggio, il calciatore Andriy Shevchenko non verrà convocato per la partita di coppa Uefa contro il Werder Brema. Gli esami hanno infatti evidenziato che il processo di guarigione dell'infiammazione alla cicatrice del quadricipite sinistro non si è del tutto completato."

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Honestly, I am all for playing top 11 for UEFA. I do care about this cup - its the 2nd most important one in Europe and we never won it. Its good to close down the circle. Plus, its the only one we can win this year and a win will take us to the Euro Super Cup. Now, I know ,most fans don't care about any of that but I honestly do. For me Milan is more Milan in Europe and I care about how we play and win there.
and you forgot to mention that it will be the last shot for Maldini to play and hopefully lift his last ever cup in Istanbul

·
Registered
295 Posts
that is all about it - obviously some people here do not consider UEFA cup a "meaningless competition for minnows". With all due respect, many Milan fans have become way too arrogant over the years ...
well, it is meaningless. What title does the UEFA cup winner have? Best of the rest? Best team in Europe outside the top 32, something like that? A nothing title, and nothing can dispute that, without or without any ludicrus claims of arrognce which have absolutely nothing to do with the watering down of the UEFA cup.

But anyway, again you didnt address my overall concern, just half of it.

So I ask, would you rather we win the UEFA cup and not make the CL for next season, or make the CL and crash out of the UEFA cup?

Honestly.

·
Premium Member
43,417 Posts
it is a wrong question. as simple as that. Milan can and should compete at least on two fronts. it cannot be a serious challenge to fight for top 4 in Italy for players like Dinho,Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, etc As for UEFA I simply disagree - learn how to accept others' opinions. Its the 2nd most important trophy in Europe, what it is so hard to understand. What title does the FA Cup holder has? Its teh FA Cup holder and as such the 2nd most important trophy in England, etc. Adding all other specifics (Milan never won it, Paolo's latest chance to add a trophy, etc) - i see why not focus on it too.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts