Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,438 Posts
No.

We will most likely see Ribery support Poldi. This is a really bad scenario. Poldi will not do in this role.

I expect this lineup if that become the case:

Kahn

Lell - Lucio - Micho - Lahm

Sagnol - Bommel - Ze - Schwieni

Ribery

Poldi

· Registered
2,438 Posts
I am getting too old and fragile for these heart stopper away matches. I don't want to go through another Getafe-like match. Bayern seem to enjoy putting us through these kind of matches.

Klose has no confidence whatsoever and Poldi can't score when he should be scoring. That miss he had at the end of the match is unforgivable.

If our defense under Hitzfeld is like this, I wonder how it will be with Klinsman around. I can't stop worrying. As much as I love Lucio's heart and fight, he seems to always get us out of Europe in recent years. Do you all remember how he deflected those goals against us in both legs vs. chelsea three seasons ago? He is clumsy.

Toni's place upfront was evident today.

We also were HORRIBLE on the break. We had so many chances to break out and score goals and we failed in all of them. We really need a player who can run with the ball on the break and manage to pass the ball right or score. The ones we have right now are HORRIBLE. I don't remember seeing Klose shoot one ball on the goal tonight?

Anyway, Bayern have only themselves to blame for the result. Zenit are no pushovers and that was evident today. They are way better than Getafe from a tactical point of view. I was impressed.

My tip for the next leg is: 1:2 for Bayern. Toni scoring both goals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.