Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 380 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19.03.2009 21:30 TT
Ali Sami Yen Stadium

meh, i dont really care, nor do i know what kind of starting line-up our genius manager could come up with for this one. so go ahead and do that for yourselves.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Tolga isn't all that active around here anymore, but he usually comes around and drops a line or two that allows to ponder during his absence :howler:. Something along the lines of "a team purely runs of adrenaline for first little while. That's so true, and to be honest I don't think Bulent is the guy for galatasaray. It is too early to make assumptions but he's not the type of person that could lead this team to its full potential. Anything could happen wednesday and gala has to be considered the favourites as they tied in Germany, netting an away goal.

I've learned this best last season. When critiquing your teams performances you must keep Europe and the league a complete separate. Gala's recent drop in form in the league in no way represents their form in Europe. It is two completely different things. Not only because our league is garbage, our refs suck, and we fear for our star players lives every match they have... but because usually you're only as good as your opponent. When the big teams face these shitty anadolu teams that break legs and defend with 10 men back, a team has to approach it completely differently.

So putting galas drop in form in league play to one side, the only true adversity within their own team they face are suspensions, or injuries (?). You guys would know better, but I don't know what's happening with the back 4 with Servet injure and Emre suspended. Also Arda had a ****ing hole in his leg, that was disgusting, but he's suspended regardless anyways. Hopefully Kewell is in full fitness, and Lincoln mans up and picks performs like he's capable of. De Sanctis is a solid keeper, like I've mentioned before galatasaray rightfully values the goal keeping position enough to take up a foreigner spot for it. People fail to realize how important a keeper is, and a large portion of a lot of Turkish teams failures has a HUGE part to do with this. Last season if it weren't for Volkan (aside from a disaster start vs Sevilla) Fenerbahce wouldn't have made it nearly as far.

Bulent has to use the Fatih Terim approach here, focus on motivation as he's been in the same situation before with ensuring his players keep a cool head. Often times all Turkish teams let their emotions get the best of them, gala has to focus and stay calm regardless of the refs decisions.

Huge pressure on gala right now, much much more then hamburg. Gala is a much bigger team with better fans and much higher expectations and they're at home.

I hope gala wins, a good run for Fener last year, and from gala this year would do a lot for Turkish football. To be honest I have a bad feeling, and with the back 4 being so unstable due to suspensions and injuries gala has to realize they could concede first, and they could go down in the match, but like last match keep a cool head and fight for the win.

Sorry for the long post, I'm in a boring general education class (required) learning about greek history. This is my way of keeping sanity, because to be honest I’d rather have a mountain lion dump its ass on my face then learn about greek history.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
meh, i dont really care, nor do i know what kind of starting line-up our genius manager could come up with for this one. so go ahead and do that for yourselves.
I hope you realize that your pessimism is Galatasaray's lucky charm. When it shows up then BAM!!!... your team wins 4-3 in the most dramatic fashion ever. :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
btw this season has been a success since your team has made it this far in Europe. If I were a Galatasaray fan, I couldn't ask any more from my team and just appreciate my team if they were to lose at this stage.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for your efforts guys :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
go cimbom. make us proud.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Who says Arda is suspended? This is from Uefa.com:
"Galatasaray's Emre Aşık is suspended, while Lincoln and Barış Özbek are within a caution of a suspension. Milan Baroš is available again after serving a one-match ban."

I wonder what Bülent plans are for our defense for this match. Surely he would played Semih Kaya against Trabzonspor if he was planning on using him against Hamburg?
I hope he is not planning on using Kewell as a CM again. Noone is that stupid :D

Imagine this defense against Hamburg: Sabri...Hakan B...Kewell...Volkan

I'd like to see this lineup:

Code:
            Baros

Lincoln

Arda  Ayhan  Baris  Kewell

Volkan  Semih  Hakan Sabri

De Sanctis

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Pessimistic as well. Manny, wasn't he gone for long time? Keep on posting dude!

Anyway, our coach is going to play Kewell as CB for 90 minutes against Olic and Guerrero. I just hope we are going to be able to score one more, or we're fukked. It's sad though, Emre-Servet-Topal would mean definitely quarter finals.

Petric won't play and Trochowski is very questionable for Hamburg. I hope some of the players in their defense get messed up as well and they have very bad game, we need luck on our side, as much as I respect Hamburg and like them to be honest, I want every last portion of luck for Galatasaray. Hope everything goes the way we plan it.

·
*the drum drum*
43,000 Posts
Looks like you'll need to score a few goals to get through again, should be an edge of the seat type match for you but entertaining match for the rest of us :D

Setanta showing it live in Aus, don't know about the rest of the world.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Defansimizin :D

However, I have a weird feeling of confidence before this match. I know it's illogical given our lack of defenders, but I would bet my life savings on Galatasaray getting past Hamburg :eek:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I knew it, he had like a bullet hole in his leg in the last game from Egemen I think it was. Eskisehirspor player Bulent Ertugrul had a similar incident lower in his leg against Trabzon also, he missed two games. I wonder if that was Egemen too, I need to find a replay. Needs to have those cleats checked out to make sure they're legal.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Resting Kewell and Lincoln, and not resting Arda. I'm glad actually, that boy needed some rest. As for the game, we officially lost.

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
No game is lost without being played.

I really dont get this ezik-loser mentality of some people here. We always lose the match before we play and afterwards its '' ohh hii haa''. Like how we would be raped by Hamburg, whilst the fact they couldnt beat 10 of us without a defender.

also remember how Olympiakos, Benfica, Hertha and Bordeaux would outplay us and send us home. Meh. Oh well atleast thats better then ''hoping'' that your team gets raped. Disgusting.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Man I'm just trying not to jinx us, that's all. :D

1 - 20 of 380 Posts