Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know we still have to waite for this eagerly anticipated match between the two former army clubs, but we need something to talk about until then don't we? to our Serbian counter-parts, please post any significant news regarding Partizan up to match day, itnerviews about the game, etc etc. :thmbup:

I'll be back with more news.

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soviet Sport reports that CSKA's home match against Partizan will be played in Krasnodar.

28.02.2005, ЦСКА сыграет с «Партизаном» в Краснодаре

Как сообщает официальный сайт сербского «Партизана», первый матч 1/8 финала Кубка УЕФА против московского ЦСКА пройдет 10 марта в Белграде (начало - в 19:00 по московскому времени). Ответная встреча состоится 17 марта на стадионе «Кубань» в Краснодаре в 20:30 по московскому времени.

Отметим также, что днем ранее, 16 марта, на том же стадионе должна пройти ответная встреча 1/8 финала Кубка России между «Кубанью» и «Зенитом».

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Who ever wins the first game will have a huge advantage i still think that CSKA have the advantage but Partizan just seems to be hanging on in the UEFA Cup i thought they were finished last round when they tied 2-2 at home but that was not the case, so will see what happens...

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im very confident coming in, and i kno its gunna be a difficult one escpecially in Belgrade.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
I hope the weather clears up..Don't want to see the same conditions that we had against Dnipro in Belgrade.. That'd be a big mess..

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we'll see, hopefully the weather will be nice so we can see botht eams play their football, although the snow won't be an advantage for either.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The weather is Belgrade is really bad. Its been snowing there non-stop for the last 4 days so the pitch by the 10th will definately be poor even if it stops snowing. While this doesn't suit any team (it just neautralises strengths/weaknesses of both teams) Partizan again, like with Dnipro, will not be able to show all the skills in front of the home fans.

Our captain, Ilic will be suspended for both games because he got red carded in the last game. Also, Nadj, one of our in-form midfielders is out for the first game (too many yellows).

I don't know much about CSKA. Can you guys tell me some strengths, weakness, how do you guys like to play, better players etc....The last time I watched CSKA was against Chelsea in Moscow. I thought you guys were unlucky (missed penalty) but Chelsea looked very tough to beat.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
For me, CSKA are clear favourites in this clash, but favourites don't win always...

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
CSKA is very strong team with very good quick attackers, quick and technical midfield, two very workful and tireless defensive midfielders and powerful defenders. We have also one of best young goalkeepers of the world.
Our stars:
Vagner Love (Brazil, 20) - technical forward, very good dribbling, scores a lot - very dangerous in box and just outide of it.
Ivica Olic (Croatia, 25) - very quick and workful forward. When in shape - all the match is pressing on defenders and keeper.
Daniel Carvalho (Brazil, 22) - very technical attacking midfielder, good at free-kicks.
Yuri Zhirkov (Russia, 21) - left midfielder, workful, technical, good shooting.
Chidi Odiah (Nigeria, 21) - right defender/midfielder, technical, very good anticipation.
Sergey Ignashevich (Russia, 25) - central defender, atomic shooting, good heading and positioning.
Igor Akinfeev (Russia, 18) - goalkeeper, very mature and brave, good aerial ability, very long kicking.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
it will be a great game, but i expect us to win, no offence to Belgrade.

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good assesment Tigran:D not to mention we have a strong bench, Ferreira, Krasic, Gusev, Samodin. let's not forget about the Berezutskiy's who imo should be playing alongside one another in the NT.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Partizan will be without their two best players.... cant really see how we wont win this game by at least 2 goals :). The only bad thing is that we've only played 4 competitive matches now, and they have played a lot more..... but still i predict a 2-0/3-0 for CSKA.. maybe they'll score, but doubt it. Carvalho and Vagner will kill them :D

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we've hit great form real fast though, almost too fast, we should just go for the win in Belgrade, because i can't see us losing in Russia. the Partizan defense is not strong, but they are a skilled team.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Belgrade match will be judged by the same referee that CSKA - Glasgow Rangers match in Moscow - Jan W. Wegereef from Holland. He missed Alex Rae's kick in Sergey Dadu head.

·
Registered
184 Posts
well, we haven't played many competitive matches now, but partizan had seen their 2 last match postponed
"www.uefa.com :
The Prva Liga season resumed on 26 February but Partizan's home match with FK Sutjeska was postponed and the same fate befell Saturday's game against FK Borac. The lack of action has seen the side relinquish their league lead to FK Crvena Zvezda but coach Vladimir Vermezovic has admitted the lack of match practice is a more pressing problem."

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
well...at least we got a referee that put us through the tie between Rangers... he missed the Dudu thing... but he allowed our goals at least :D

·
Registered
67,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at this point who cares about the ref, we shoudl go in expecting nothing but a win:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
yes but remember benfica .. we should have won 3-1 :-D ( it could be a great score in belgrade ... lol )

1 - 20 of 122 Posts