Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is scheduled for Thursday, 2nd October 2008.

Milan will come into this game after 4 straight victories and lead this one 3-1 on aggregate.

I think Milan should rest some players and give those who have been playing less some game time. Especially since we have a game away at Cagliari on Saturday, just three days later!

My line up:

Dida

Antonini-Bonera-Kaladze-Favalli

Flamini-Emerson-Gattuso

Seedorf

Shevchenko-Ronaldinho​

Three DM's but what the hell :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
If we go looking to protect the lead then we may very well see 3 DMs. Kaka seems to play all hte time so I would not be surpirsed to see him play although i'd rather him rest. The Catania match is important as it will show whether this team is really back or simply enjoying a nice run. We need full points on the road to the smaller clubs.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
The game is scheduled for Thursday, 2nd October 2008.

Milan will come into this game after 4 straight victories and lead this one 3-1 on aggregate.

I think Milan should rest some players and give those who have been playing less some game time. Especially since we have a game away at Cagliari on Saturday, just three days later!

My line up:

Dida

Flamini-Emerson-Gattuso

Seedorf

Shevchenko-Ronaldinho​

Three DM's but what the hell :D
how dare you put puma into a starting line up :frustrat:

i voted : sacked jani from becoming thread starter :angel:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Puma should start, and maybe Ambrosini should start as well since he was rested 2 games ago. Gattuso should have a break.
as far as the rest goes, I agree whole heartedly. If the game is being won I might throw in Cardaccio to see what he is all about.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Wont Boriello be fit by the next seire a match? Bori starts over Pato, and I think Pato would play this game so Bori can start on the weekend. Ronaldinho does need to get his confidence rolling- he has yet to dribble someone out on the field

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
unlike Serie A, only the inertia from the Derby should be enough to carry us over that one. Dont expect anything close to the Derby though ... it will be a VEEEEEEEEEERY slow affair :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
This is where Milan see if they can kill off the 0-0 away match to take the tie.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
My line up:

Dida

Flamini-Emerson-Gattuso

Seedorf

Shevchenko-Ronaldinho​

Nice line-up. With a more defensive set-up there should be no problem in going through to the next round. I'd sub off Seedorf early in the second half if we're winning the game by half-time. How is Senderos' fitness? Would be nice to see him partner Bonera, and also see Pasini and/or Darmian come into the game, perhaps to push Antonini up in to midfield if things are going well late in the match.

It's important that we dont get too defensive though and show good pace and movement in counter attacks, because remember if they score first they only require another goal to put us out. A quick away goal would be perfect in killing off this tie asap.

·
Scudetto
23,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since Jankulovski got a rest midweek, he can play this game and maybe we can also rest Gattuso, and play a 4-4-2 with Antonini-Emerson-Flamini-Seedorf in midfield.

Then we can forget about 3 DM's, don't know whether Carlo would want the same though :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Wont Boriello be fit by the next seire a match? Bori starts over Pato, and I think Pato would play this game so Bori can start on the weekend. Ronaldinho does need to get his confidence rolling- he has yet to dribble someone out on the field
Nope, Borriello will be out till the after the international games.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This is a tricky game, we need not to underestimate Zurich.
Sheva needs to be in start-up line up

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Sheva played arugably his best game against Zurich so it is highly likely. My guess is he has become our UEFA and maybe Coppa forward of choice.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
It'd be the best situation for the club and for him, to find his form in the cup competitions. Then hopefully he'll have the motivation to help Milan succeed in two tournaments while also perhaps playing a useful role as a Serie A super-sub. All the same things can be applied to Inzaghi too. Little would make me happier than seeing the two strikers re-united as a force to be reckoned with again.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Anyone knows if Senderos will play or not?

in goalie,i'd start Abbiati,then the defence is the same defence,Zambrotta,Maldini,Kaladze and Jankulovski as our defence needs to solve this panic problem and regain a bit more confidence,then in midfield i'd rest Gattuso and play Flamini,Seedorf starts as well as Ambrosini or Emerson,Ronaldinho as trequartista and Pato and Sheva in attack.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Anyone knows if Senderos will play or not?

HAs he been hurt? All that talk about him coming in and he's not played once. Sad that we brought in an injured player if that is the case

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
I am more or less sure Dida will start and I am also sure paolo will get a rest. may be Zambo too. I think both Seedorf and Kaka need a rest too, but that might be difficult if Dinho is not 100% fit yet. I also think the likes of Bonera-janku-Famini-Sheva should definitely start, may be add Emerson and Antonini to that list. Add Pato and we might have the team more or less - i.e. plus a partner to Bonera in CD (Kaladze I guess, if Senderos is not fit) I guess one of the trio Seedorf-kaka-Dinho (probably it will be Kaka, knowing Carlo).

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Dinho is regaining shape, not health so he should be able to play most of hte game if not the whole thing. I agree this is hte time to rest some key players.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
If Dinho can start and last 65+ minute sand if Senderos can start that my 11 will be:

Dida
Antonini-Bonera-Senderos-Janku
Flamini-Emerson-Ambrosini
Dino
Pato-Sheva

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
This is when I wish they had Cardaccio avaiable. He'd be perfect to get a run at center mid instead of Emerson. I get this feeling we brought this guy in and he'll never see teh pitch.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts