My prediction:

Bayern Munich - Rangers
Getafe - Fiorentina
PSV - Sporting
Zenit - Bayer Leverkusen

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
For once there are some good teams left in the competition, rather than the dorks we've had in previous seasons. Should be fun.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
My prediction:

Bayern Munich - Rangers
Getafe - Fiorentina
PSV - Sporting
Zenit - Bayer Leverkusen

I wouldn't dislike to have that as a draw as we usually do well against the Dutch.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, looks quite a good competition. Only that Bayern are huge faves, but I would not say they are certs.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without too much offence to these teams I will mention, this cup is surely an upgrade to two seasons ago where we saw the likes of Middlesbrough in the final (admittedly they beat Roma in the last 16) and also the 2 Bucharest clubs play each other in the QF and Basle were somewhere around there too. This season has bigger names, and quite simply better teams.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Definitely agree there Deano. There have been some poor teams in it in the past. Although Steaua played some nice football on the way to the semis and were there on merit.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
True but I liked the two Israeli sides that survived the winter last year (but that's purely as an Israel fan, if it were 2 Moldovan sides I probably didn't pay attention to it)

Also tomorrow. Teams left:

Bayern Munich (Germany)
Bayer Leverkusen (Germany)
Zenit St Petersburg (Russia)
Fiorentina (Italy)
PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)
Getafe (Spain)
Rangers (Scotland)
Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

My prediction:

Bayern Munich - Rangers
Getafe - Fiorentina
PSV - Sporting
Zenit - Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern-PSV
Rangers-Fiorentina
Zenit-Leverkusen
Getafe-Sporting (bit of a derby)

I hope for Zenit to qualify for the semi's, the others are not really making a difference to me.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I was looking over City's UEFA Cup fixtures in the 70s, back when it was a real competition. Games against Juventus, Valencia and AC Milan sound fantastic, its a shame we'll not see teams like that in the UEFA Cup again (Valencia aside :D)

·
Registered
68,420 Posts
If Zenit avoid Bayern the rest of the way they'll be in the finals imo. Arshavin is the best player not in a Bayern uniform imo. Great back hell pass while the ball was in mid-air yesterday for the first goal.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I just want it to be Fiorentina - Bayern final.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
The fav in my opinion

Bayern
Sporting
Fiorentina
Bayer Leverkusen
P.S.V
Zenit
Getafe
Rangers

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I might try and lay my hands on one through a mate. But I'd feel a bit shit if some Bayern or Fiorentina fan missed out because I got a hold of one.

It's quite the dilemma.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
From what I've been reading in the press of different countries something tells me that there are strong chances that Zenit will be kicked out of the QFs for the racist behaviour of their fans during yesterday's game against Marseille. I surely hope so.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I might try and lay my hands on one through a mate. But I'd feel a bit shit if some Bayern or Fiorentina fan missed out because I got a hold of one.

It's quite the dilemma.
Hold up...

...you have mates?

Oh and if you feel guilty, sell it on ebay ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts