Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AZ Alkmaar
Villarreal CF

Villarreal suffered in the first leg due to a number of first-team injuries, but now it looks like the Dutch side will suffer this time. :D

Jan Kromkamp (ankle), Tim de Cler (mild concussion), Joris Mathijsen (inflamed tendon) and Barry Opdam (muscle) are all major doubts for this game.

Los Submarines have an injury worry over Javi Venta, but Juan Manuel Peña (ankle) and Quique Álvarez (knee) are definitely ruled out.

To advance to the semi-finals, Villarreal need to win by two clear goals or at least grab a win whilst scoring more away goals than AZ netted in El Madrigal (2).

STATISTICS:

AZ Alkmaar:
Uefa Cup Track Record: P6 W3 D0 L1 GF6 GA3

Rd 32| Aachen 1-2 Alkmaar (0-0, 1-2)
Rd 16| Shakhtar 2-5 Alkmaar (1-3, 1-2)

Villarreal CF:
Uefa Cup Track Record: P4 W2 W2 L0 GF8 GA2

Rd 32| Dynamo Kyiv 0-2 Villarreal (0-0, 0-2)
Rd 16| Steaua 0-2 Villarreal (0-0, 0-2)

CURRENT DOMESTIC FORM:

AZ Alkmaar: WWWLL

Villarreal CF: WDWWD

TIME AND VENUE:

Uefa Cup| QF| 2nd leg| Thursday| 14 April 2005| 20:30 CET| Almaarder Hout.

TV:

Polsat Sport
Kuwait Sport
Viasat Sport 2

PREDICTION:

AZ Alkmaar 1-3 Villarreal CF

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Despite the injuries I hope AZ will make it through...
Their chances are less now but I hope they will suprise us again.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KnoccOut said:
villarreal will win this 2-0 or maybe its gonan go to extra time and penalties but we're going thru :D
Damn right. :D

The last Spanish side left in Europe can't disappoint. :pp

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Bad news for you... the injuries weren't that bad for AZ.
Kromkamp and Mathijsen can play... so we're up for the challenge.

Hope it will be a great game... succes and may the best team progress.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Laporta said:
Opdam got red card (2x yellow), then Jose Mari (who was on the ground) kicked Van Galen (for nothing) and got red too :)
:scream: This is so disappointing. With 1-0 down and already chasing the game, Villarreal needed the advantage. What was he thinking? :scream:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Laporta said:
Why the sad smiley? :proud: :thumbsup: :tongue:
Because we want the la liga sides to do well, especially a team like Villarreal who have been playing brilliant football this season.

GOAL VILLARREAL! :D

1-1.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
cant believe SA missed that chance.. cant believe roman hit the post on the freekick... good win for AZ, villarreal played good but sh!t happens

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
AZ had a hard time in the last 20 minutes.
Villareal scored the 1-1 and Requelme hit the post.

Jose Mari was indeed very stupid to make such a unnecessary foul.
It cost Villareal the game 'cause I don't think AZ would withstand then.

In any case... good luck in the Spanish league!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Bad luck for Villarreal, hopefully we will be compensated by getting a place in the CL next year

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bad luck for Villarreal. After the 1-1 I was really convinced Villarreal would walk over them. But the luck of Az won.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I just finished watching the game and I must say Riquelme is amazing, what a sensational player villareal has

unfortunate that you guys did not score another goal but you guys gave it your all

Jose Mari really messed things up but I don't understand why he got a STRAITGHt red

anyone know why

also SORIN, man that guy works so hard, glad to see him play well

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
man jose mari deserved a red... which kind of an idiot kicks a player in the ass after the call went his way? what else do u want? jose mari is a loser , i really hate that guy i didnt like him much before this but now i really hate him.. i wish i would see him on the street :D and ya sorin works really hard..... ROMAN!!! was soo unlucky with the freeekick its not his year with free kicks thats like what? 6 posts this season off free kicks atleast

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
hmm thats crazy about the posts

riquelme is quite the freekick taker whether its a shot or cross it is almost always brilliant

well villareal face both barcelona and real madrid sometime soon, I can't wait for that

anyway after watching sorin for villareal I do see why he is needed for Argentina, he is an engine who trys so darn hard, always working, great player

1 - 20 of 20 Posts