Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Leg at San Siro.

Obviously seems like an easy game, compared to what we're used in Champions League. But we're in a crysis and not to mention the loss against Lugano.

Come sempre Forza Milan

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Just to add they just beat some team in their league, playing away from home, 7-1.

So they are in great form and with confidence coming into this game, total opposite to us.

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
I'm relaxed about this UEFA Cup campaign. If we manage to win the competition, great, but if we somehow crashed out early it wouldnt be devastating. Without the expectancy and pressure that comes with the Champions League our players may be able to play some good football and get positive results. Hopefully it will also act as a good platform for our more fringe players to make a good showing.

A win would be a good psychological boost and despite the results of late I believe it's possible. Forza!

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
Without the expectancy and pressure that comes with the Champions League our players may be able to play some good football and get positive results.
Considering how the friendlies ended, how we play in Copa Italia and any game without pressure I wouldn't be to sure on that account. Normally we just perform our best with a lot of pressure. "Should win games" seems like nightmares for us.

·
Registered
15,740 Posts
Perhaps we'll flop in the UEFA Cup, who knows. It's a difficult thing to speculate on considering we dont even know what team will be fielded out there for a start.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Abbiati
Pasini-Darmian-Senderos-Albetrazzi
Flamini-Cardzio-Antonini
Kaka
Pato-Boriello
In your dreams... How about Dida-Zambro, kaladze, Senderos, Jankulowski - Flamini, Pirlo, Emerson -Kaka - Dinho, Sheva? I mean, it is much more likely, knowing our coach...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
make sure you play full pelt in this cup, I want to see Ronaldinho running through the Spurs defence in a later round.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
these spurs doesn't look like making the later rounds though; no berba - no team :D you could be right at the end of the day - Ramos might turn out to be a fake

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
lets start our resurrection from the grave in what we are best in - the euro cups.
It is a hard claim to say we are the best in a cup we never won. ;) This is just the retarded brother of the big one nowadays. That said, UCL have become more boring for every year. Now that Milan don't participate I have cancelled the subscription for the channel showing it.

Is it this game this week? Guess I have to check trhough the channels... Eurosport showing it maybe.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
It is a hard claim to say we are the best in a cup we never won. ;) .
I said 'the Euro Cups" ;) actually thinking of saying "cup competitions". No matter how you look at it (and especially if you take out the 3 Capello years, where we simply were the best in all) we are much better in Cup games/structure.

·
THE
14,123 Posts
Is it this game this week? Guess I have to check trhough the channels... Eurosport showing it maybe.
Nope, and no Viasat 2 nor 3 nor German channels (mayb DSF, but can't see it right now)
Didn't check Russians yet but looks like I have to watch re-runs of Heros.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Nope, and no Viasat 2 nor 3 nor German channels (mayb DSF, but can't see it right now)
Didn't check Russians yet but looks like I have to watch re-runs of Heros.
AljazeeraSport
Digit Alb Premium 1(SuperSport 1)
Rete 4
SuperSport 7 SA
TSR 2

I think Rete 4 is not encrypted although they use mediaguard.

Rete 4 FTA / Mediaguard 2 Hot Bird 6 / 7A / 8 - 13.0°E FR:11919 POL V SR 27500 FEC 2/3

·
Registered
23,914 Posts
I said 'the Euro Cups" ;) actually thinking of saying "cup competitions". No matter how you look at it (and especially if you take out the 3 Capello years, where we simply were the best in all) we are much better in Cup games/structure.
I don't agree it is the actual structure. I think it is the squad profile and how it handle big deciding games. Unfortunately there are no big games in the UEFA cup.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
I don't agree it is the actual structure. I think it is the squad profile and how it handle big deciding games. Unfortunately there are no big games in the UEFA cup.
yes and no :D depends how you define big games and big teams. when you play cup competition, almost every game is like a final as you can be out if you err. even in a group stages, the importance of each game is way exceeding a domestic league game. as such eahc game there is bigger. then again, no question in UCL the stakes are higher and the teams you meet are bigger.
imo milan's big minus (which is UCL turns into a plus) is the inability to focus for long periods or rather on a long periods. if you flip the coin, it also means immense levels of concentration for one or few games, but below par on a long league type of a run. in this sense Milan is the antipode of the "good" old Juve. Also in that sense, i feel personally Milan is closer to me as individuality. IMO, i very rarely can read one thing for more than 30 min up to an hour. and most of the times much less; hence i usually read one book in months. equally i read many books at the same time and I tend to think or hope, that i get more out of few pages than those that read the same book in one or two days. so my concentration can be very intense for a snap period of time, but i am not made to work 8 hours a day, every fukin day :D I suffer big time ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Personally I am not expecting much. I think the UEFA Cup is something that if we are playing well in general then our depth helps take us far in the competition. With our team struggling and morale seemingly at its lowest since who knows, I do not see us doing anything much here. Our only hope is that we wind up playing guys like Antonini and CArdaccio and Senderos and they are so motivated to impress that the team does something great. Add Borriello and maybe even PAto into that mix.

REally, who knows?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts