Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our journey to Istanbul continues again this Thursday with a match at the San Siro vs Portuguese side SC Braga.

Milan are in great form, 10 wins out of 13 this season, and unbeaten since the 14th of September.

Braga meanwhile are currently 8th in their league with 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats.

On paper should be a very easy game for Milan, but anything can happen.

My expected lineup:

Dida

Antonini-Favalli-Kaladze-Jankulovski

Flamini-Emerson-Ambrosini

Ronaldinho

Shevchenko-Inzaghi​

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Time for Nesta or Senderos perhaps?!

I would give Pato a full 90 minutes match here, and rest Pippo!!

Nice to see if we can maintain our form..

FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
I don't think Nesta is registered for the UEFA Cup. But if he has regained full fitness then he should play against Lecce, so we'll be left with Kaladze and the overworked Bonera against Braga :stress:

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Nesta may have to undergo surgery and is headed back to South Beach for his physiotherapy.

It is expected that he will be back by the Dubai trip.

at this rate he could be as good as done :( It's no biggie if he comes back on January as long as he comes back.

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, do none of you care about this game? :(

Carlo in his press conference said that Kaká and Zambrotta will stay at Milanello to continue individual workouts while Nesta and Pirlo are still unavailable.

He also said who will start in defense, and this is my predicted line up (the back-four is what Ancelotti said will start):

Dida

Antonini-Senderos-Kaladze-Jankulovski

Flamini-Emerson-Seedorf

Ronaldinho

Shevchenko-Inzaghi​

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Having to play Favalli at all, let alone in the center of the defense is worrying, but he's held up so far. But there is clearly a huge disparity between the quality available up front and in the back. Against Braga I image it will hold regardless....

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Baresi is more likely to start in this game than Senderos :notlist: Given the current lack of options in defense, it's likely we'll see Favalli and Bonera again, maybe even Kaladze alongside Ambrosini.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am looking forward to this game now that i know kaka will not be playing..It can answer some very very important..

Is our attack still over dependent on Kaka??Is Ronnie ready to lead our attack singlehandedly??Do we have the ability to win games like these without our 'golden boy'??

The defence has done well inspite of missing many palyers..Hope the attack will be able to cope with kakas absense..Very important to know whether they can..

·
Registered
15,651 Posts
Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Jani and Hunter have already listed some reasons to why the game should be very interesting.

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Milan Squad:

Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Darmian, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Senderos, Ruggeri (n.55), Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Pedrocchi (n.51), Borriello, Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Non convocati: Abbiati, Favalli, Maldini, Pasini, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Kakà.

Indisponibili: Pirlo.

Looks like we'll see the line up I posted.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
About time we get to see Senderos. But Shevchenko starting does not sound that appealing.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Having to play Favalli at all, let alone in the center of the defense is worrying, but he's held up so far. But there is clearly a huge disparity between the quality available up front and in the back. Against Braga I image it will hold regardless....
If Favalli is worth anything it is for his defense. He is more than capable than playing CB for us. In this position and this position only I will be a Favalli backer.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I honestly think Pato needs all the playing time he can possibly get. He's still not close to the finished product and in order to get there fast, he needs plenty of playing time. His performances have been somewhat flashy but without consistency and with limited impact. He loses the ball way too much and seldom makes the right decision or move. That can only improve if he starts playing every single game. A 19 year old has no business complaining about fatigue. If he does get tired after playing 5-6 games in a row, then we can bench him for a game or so.

I remember Sheva used to play every single game, big or small, back when we first got him and had no complains about it. Pato is used way too sparingly, coming off the bench last weekend as well as in the midweek game. We need to do with him what we're doing with Ronaldinho, playing every game.

Many forget that Pato has played only half a season in the Brazilian Serie A before joining us. And he played half a season with us before this season. The kids doesn't enough games under his belt and so far what we've seen from him on the pitch is what you'd expect in the training ground. He's got some natural talent and plenty of pace and that's what helped him so far but he's got no game yet.

I'd start Sheva-Pato and perhaps bring Pippo kater on for someone. Pippo doesn't match practice to score, his game is all mental.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts