Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we go to Holland for the first match of the UEFA Cup Group stages to face Heerenveen who are 6th in their league after 6 games. They have won three, drawn two and lost one whilst amazingly scoring 16 goals and conceding 13 :eek:

Last week they beat Ajax 5-2 :scared:

After looking at their roster, I must admit I don't recognize any names. Knowing Milan, this is certainly a bad thing. But on the continental stage, its a bit different.

If Milan play their game, they can win but motivation would be key. I expect to see:

Abbiati

Zambrotta-Bonera-Nesta-Antonini

Gattuso-Emerson-Seedorf

Ronaldinho

Shevchenko-Inzaghi​

As usual, it will be a toss up in regards to our attacking line up. My line up is just a guess, but who is going to sit out between Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Borriello, Ronaldinho and Kaka?

Whatever it is, I hope Nesta starts so we can finally recover the best defender in the world again :hopeful:

FORZA MILAN!

·
Registered
12,312 Posts
I think that for this game we should rest some players and play those which didnt played today: dida, zambro, cardazio, sheva, pippo...

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gattuso will play. He was carrying a slight knock which made him miss the Samp game, I think.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
As long as we take the game seriously I don't really care too much about the formation. Mark my words, Heerenveen will view this as a opportunity of a lifetime, that needs to be respected.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
wishes for the game in order of priority:

1. no injuries

2. youngsters given a chance

3. Milan plays well

4. Milan wins

·
Registered
310 Posts
wishes for the game in order of priority:

1. no injuries

2. youngsters given a chance

3. Milan plays well

4. Milan wins
Well, Milan should win, without injuries, with a good play... youngsters will be seen on the bench... just a prediction. I think Dida will be given a chance, as well as Sheva.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yep Nesta and Cardacio aren't in the UEFA cup list. That means Favalli might be needed at CB.

I think we should go for this lineup:

DIDA

Zambro - Bonera - Maldini - Antonini

Gattuso - Emerson - Flamini

Kaka

Shevchenko - Pato

Thought it would be easy to do the lineup but it actually took me 5 minutes to think of who should we start..I'm not used to having so many options, certainly feels good! And to justify my selection: Ronaldinho is benched because he played the full 90' vs Samp and I would play him for the last 20 min here. Pato/Sheva both need to play against an attacking team to rediscover their touch. But then there is Pippo who deserves to play and oh crap I totally forgot about Boriello, damn Ancelotti's going to have a head ache..and imagine when Nesta, Senderos and Pirlo are fully fit!

I think maybe it is wiser to use a 4-2-3-1 for this, with Flamini/Gattuso being the 2 'cause they cover the most on the pitch, and the 3 being Sheva, Kaka, Pato, and the one being Inzaghi/Boriello.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
i think Pato should play in UEFA and Cup games, and sit the league for a while...

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I convocati rossoneri:

Abbiati, Dida, Kalac.

Antonini, Bonera, Darminan, Favalli, Jankulovski, Maldini, Zambrotta.

Ambrosini, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kakà, Ronaldinho.

Borriello, Inzaghi, Pato, Shevchenko.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Since we have many forwards available why don't we be a little experimental and play a 4-3-3 so we can rest Kaka and Ronaldinho and maybe even Seedorf.

Something like this

Dida
Zambro Bonera Maldini Antonini

Rino Emerson/Seedorf Flamini/Ambro

Sheva Bori Pato

This way Sheva and Pato can be given more responsibility and that may help them rediscover their form.

Where's Favalli when you need him, he could give Maldini a rest:rollani:

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gazzetta says that Kaka will play behind Shevchenko and Inzaghi, while Seedorf will rest.

Nothing about Ronaldinho though.

4-2-2-2? :scared:

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Their most well known player is Croatian international Danijel Pranjic, the left footed fullback/wingback/winger.

Collectively there's a huge gap between us and them in terms of quality and experience, but without the right mentality, concentration and determination we can do nothing.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts