:thmbdown:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
mmm at last we will be in UEFA cup :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was really impressed by the boys today. Yes, there were mistakes, but there was real flow to our game and we really controlled possession. 64% in fact! I'm disappointed to be in 6th place now, but I think we still have a fair shot at 4th.

·
Registered
55 Posts
no way bolton (who have cheap tactics and score there measly 1 goal a game) and everton (who rarely score and when they do it's always 1) will be able to do anything in Europe. if the english want teams that have a chance of winning kick 'em out.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
With All Due Respect, they will be crap in Europe, I doubt they would get out of the group stages, but the table is where it's at. Lets hope the boys can get it together

·
Registered
55 Posts
no joke but i think everton will lose in the qualifier

liverpool must win against portsmouth (A), Palace (A), Boro (H), Arsenal (A) and Aston Villa (H). all very winable games includin' arsenal who we dominated last time at anfield

·
Registered
55 Posts

liverpool must win against portsmouth (A), Palace (A), Boro (H), Arsenal (A) and Aston Villa (H). all very winable games includin' arsenal who we dominated last time at anfield

everton have Man U (H) - loss, Birmingham (H) - draw/loss, Fulham (A) - win/draw, Toons (H) - loss, Arsenal (A) - loss, Bolton (A) - draw (i hope)

bolton have Southampton (H) - win/draw, Villa (A) - draw/loss, Chelsea (H) - loss, Pompey (A) - draw/loss, Everton (A) - draw

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I think Liverpool's only real hope of qualifying for next year's Champions League is going to be through the Champions League itself. It's dirty, but Everton or Bolton could end up totally shafted this year if they are to finish fourth anyways.

If Liverpool win, then they are included for next year's Champions League pot as champions, and only positions 1, 2, and 3 are CL qualifiers. So theoretically Liverpool stand 1/3 and 1/4 chances of making it into next year's Champions League. Their tie versus Chelsea will be far from easy, but will all due respect they were hard done when they lost at home to the Londoners. It all really depends on whether or not they can turn the game versus Chelsea into a European game as opposed to a Premiership one. The Liverpool style now suits Europe much more than England, so if they can get the games (especially the one at Anfield) to match the continental way, then they stand a decent chance of going through. Then, should they go through, then they stand a fair chance at the win, even if it is Milan, as the European Liverpool is totally different than your average Premmy Scousers.

In the Premiership, they lack any real consistency. Much like Newcastle, bags of talent really being wasted by poor player management, should they have remained more steady they would have fourth wrapped up by now. They have way more overall class than both Everton and Bolton, but they are not near as good as a point-accruing side, which is why they are sixth with those two ahead of them.

I agree that Everton and Bolton would be poor in Europe - they play very English sort of football that wouldn't play near as well in the more technical Champions League, but should either of them get into the big dance next season, then I, for one, will be wishing all the luck to them. It's a good representation of English football if even your smaller sides can do well when given the chance in European competition, so we should hope wherever Bolton and Everton end up next year, they will do good to the English game, not just do poorly to ease some Liverpudlian egos.

Liverpool, respectfully, still stand a very good chance of making the Champions League next year through the league though. Neither the Toffees or Bolton have the experience in the run-in to the season that the players at Anfield do. As the season winds down, then they will lack some of the knowledge required to do some of the things to stay above their opposition. However, should they be able to keep focused, and play in their determined styles of the first 3/4 of the season, then it will be very difficult for Liverpool to catch up.

In essence, it all comes down to Everton's next game. Three points is absolutely nothing in football, it's a single loss/win and you're all tied up. However, should Everton be able to win their next outing, then the gap will be very hard to overcome with so little time left to play.

All the luck to you in hopefully creating something exciting for the end of the Premiership season.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
liverpool must win all d games after this...max 15 points to grab :thmbup: ....plz plz plz :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Shaggy Alonso said:
COME ON YOU REDS!!!

:thmbdown:
Pessimism rearing its ugly head again mate...

It ain't over till the fat lady sing..

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
owenjnr said:
I agree they might end up being the Newcastle of two years ago, when they lost to Partizan in the qualifier :lala:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Ambis said:
I agree they might end up being the Newcastle of two years ago, when they lost to Partizan in the qualifier :lala:

ya me to...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Yes, the chance Liverpool has if it finished 4th to qualify to Group Stage is much bigger than Everton which has very little experiences in European competition. I still remember that Parma succeeded to qualify to CL in 2001/2002, however they just failed to beat Lille, a club that I never heard before. Competiton in CL is always tight. Being a club from big leagues doesn't guarantee it will qualify. I don't mind Everton go to CL, but the chance they'll fail in pre-eliminary stage is big and English team could only be represented by 3 teams instead of 4.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Dont be so down :sob: playing against AK Grazer and Hadjuk Split isnt that bad. :dielaugh:
Bro, you seem to have lost the way. The we-lost-two-CL rounds-ago forum is on your left. Thanks for dropping by and you're most welcome to support us as we take on Chelsea. But it's always nice to hear from non-CL teams supporters. :)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Yes, the chance Liverpool has if it finished 4th to qualify to Group Stage is much bigger than Everton which has very little experiences in European competition. I still remember that Parma succeeded to qualify to CL in 2001/2002, however they just failed to beat Lille, a club that I never heard before. Competiton in CL is always tight. Being a club from big leagues doesn't guarantee it will qualify. I don't mind Everton go to CL, but the chance they'll fail in pre-eliminary stage is big and English team could only be represented by 3 teams instead of 4.
excatly, Everton unless they strengthend considerably in the summer would be a waste of a spot in the CL, their hard work and organisation wouldn't be enough unless they got in a real easy group.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts