Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really much to say about this one other than it is crucial to play as well as possible in all phases. I see the lineup as follows:

Kahn - Jansen, Lucio, DeMichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, ze Roberto, van Bommel, Ribery - Toni, Klose

Obviously the objective for Bayern is to keep a clean sheet - I know when is that NOT the objective, right? But scoring goals will be key. Klose has been so active despite having been in a major goal scoring slump. I just have a hunch this is where Klose gets off the slump and comes through with a brace for a 2-0 result and a ticket to the next round.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Lell is being linked to Milan as I read today!:D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not be surprised if Lell starts. If he does, Jansen will start against Dortmund on Sunday. But perhaps not. Jansen has played well of late, but Lell scoring the goal will give Hitzfeld more reason to play him.

Feelings aside, it was good to see the Bavarian-born player score for Bayern...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
If Klose shows the same attitude he showed on Sunday, then we will be fine upfront. He was fighting for every ball and was fired up. I am also wondering about Sagnol. What the hell is wrong with him? I know hitzfeld prefers Lell/Lahm over him. However, is he still injured?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree on Klose. His tenacity is clear right now. I would not be surprised to see Klose net a goal early in this one.

I am not certain about Sagnol. I know his neck injury is a sensitive thing, but still...

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Ironically, having a man advantage might not be good for Bayern. Now Getafe will pack in and defend, find an opportunity to counter. Bayern need to have the patience to break them down. It's about patience and seize the moment.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts