Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UEFA Cup Quarter Final

Being fourth in Serie A is difficult. There are seven matches left to be played and considering that we are only three points above fifth placed Udinese, it becomes unnecessary extra stress to ensure that under no circumstances do we end up qualifying for the UEFA Cup. A competition that we are currently trying to win.

Yes, ladies and gentleman directly after tonight's Roma Champions League game, against Manchester United the next Italian team in European competition is us. Baby Viola. We could have been in the Champions League this season, but we were knocked out of the preliminaries by the FIGC. PSV were also knocked out of the Champions League, mainly by Inter and Fenerbache. Let us all take a moment and thank Inter for sending them our way.

Now we're done with that, lets talk about PSV. They have the title wrapped up in a paper bag, more or less ready to be opened. The toothless Ajax managed a 0-0 draw with them a couple of weeks back. Astonishingly, they managed to drop two points as they managed another 0-0 draw against NEC. We seem to be getting a pattern here. I guess it's a good time for Gamberini to be injured. Not even the great Koevermans managed a goal in last week's away fixture, despite this though, they're still five points clear with only three games of the season left to go! Would they be concentrating on the UEFA Cup? You can bet on it. For us, it's just a question of exhaustion and keeping up our fitness levels with what doth hath happeneth so far. As far as the squad is concerned, Allefay is back from injury and they have a full squad to choose from.

They'll be flying in tomorrow and we'll ambush them when they get here, in the meantime, lets watch out for the other midweek games e quando Giovedi ha arrivato, possiamo vedere la partita.

Fiorentina 4-3-3: S.Frey; Pasqual, *D.Dainelli, P.Kroldrup, T.Ujfalusi; M.Gobbi, M.Donadel, Z.Kuzmanovic; A.Mutu, C.Vieri, M.Santana.

PSV 4-3-3: H.Gomes; C.Salcido, D.Marcellis, Alcides, J.Kromkamp; T.Simons*, I.Allefay, J.Culina; E.Mendez; J.Farfan, D.Koevermans.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
if Dainelli plays, I won't watch the match!!
Personally, I see Ujfalusi as the real danger. He was at fault for the two goals conceeded against Udinese as far as I'm concerned and he constantly gives away the ball. At least Dainelli can pass the ball to a team player on the odd occasion.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I agree, although while playing without Gamberini, I can't bear noone of our back four.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
we need to fix the backline pronto.

tough team, but we have the goods...do we go for goals or see the game through?

·
Registered
639 Posts
By the way for those in Australia, SBS will air this match 5.30am AEDT. (in 5 hours after I posted this)

I will be watching for sure, and hopefully we win (I have bad luck most of the time watching Viola). Forza Viola, give me a nice birthday present!!!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
We go for goals. Goals Goals Goals.

Goals.
So, if I understand correctly, you think we should go for goals? :D

Im not sure about the screening of the game here in Italy, as far as I knew Serie A was restricted (thanks Burlusconi), but UEFA would be on free2air TV? having said that, i missed the last game :depress:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Anyone know which channels this will show live on?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
What a back line:

Gobbi (MLC) Ujfalusi (RB) Gamberini (DC) Jorgenson (AMR)

Forza viola!:boxing:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts