Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats happening to arsenal?
gala is totally dominating the game, and the only real chance has been overmar's shot which was well saved by taffarel
oh yar
and keown's miss from 6 yards out :(
hoping arsenal can hold on....

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Well the sending of should change it into Arsenal's favour. Personally I think Adams was just as much if not more to blme. A yellow card a piece would have been fair! :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well penalties are the worst way to lose, but I would imagine Arsenals fans will admit they were outplayed by Galatasaray. I saw the game from the beginning to the end and the Turkish side deserved a goal in the first half. In extra-time Arsenal started to make some more chances and with a one man advantage were expected to win it. But Galatasaray fought through and thoroughly deserved to win their country's first European trophy.

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yar
i agree
arsenal were outplayed by gala
didnt play their usual game, had to defend more than attack
but we should have won in extra time, henry really should have scored with that point blank header from parlour's cross
as the commentators said, arsenal didnt use the wings when they had more room, instead, overmars and parlour were cutting back inside, and running into the defenders.
petit and vieira had very disappointing games, but i thought that grimandi should have joined them in central midfield, where the game was won by gala
making suker take the first penalty was a HUGE mistake. he had only touched the ball ONCE and his penalty was like his second touch of the game
wenger certainly made a lot of bad choices, but he deserves credit for 2ndplace in the league and a uefa cup runners-up placing
one last word
wenger:
BUY SOME DEFENDERS AND MIDFIELDERS

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
53 Posts
Arsenal looked a half-step slow out there. Galatassary really preasured the back four making it difficult to feed the mid-field. I thought it was a real drab game all in all. Unfortunately a good percentage of the finals seem to always turn out like that

D

·
0 Posts
Although I am an Arsenal supporter

What a terrific performance by Galatasary, the wheel of fortune seemed to turn against them when Hagi got sent of, then the fatigue and injuries started to take there toll,and then there was Taffarel, what a superb save from the close header..<Anyone remember the Gordon Banks save from Pele>, onto the dreaded penalty shootout that they dismissed with brilliant ease..they are worthy winners of this Trophy...

The stabbing incident and the riots and clashes was a low down. Thankfully England and Turkey are not in the same Euro 2000 group.

D

·
0 Posts
Galatasaray deserved to win ......so they did
hagi was fabelous and that when he's 34 years old

1 - 9 of 9 Posts