Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ever european final for Zenit,trying to be the second Russian team to win a european cup after cska in 2005......pogrebnyak and lomberts out.

Good luck to Zenit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
60-40 for Zenit......

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I can't wait till Wednesday man. It's going to be so cool to see Zenit coming out for the introduction of a UEFA Cup Final, I always enjoy watching that part. I got Zenit winning 2-1 in xtratime :smileani:

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Rangers have conceded very few goals en route to the final, and with Zenit having their top scorer out they're going to find it extremely difficult to break down their defence on the night.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Rangers have conceded very few goals en route to the final, and with Zenit having their top scorer out they're going to find it extremely difficult to break down their defence on the night.
Pogrebnyak isn't this goal scoring machine you might think he is. He's definitely an important player and his goal tally was impressive, but if Zenit did what they did vs. Bayern without Arshavin they will be ok for this one. This is Arshavin's big moment to shine and I know he's looking forward to taking advantage of it

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I can't wait till Wednesday man. It's going to be so cool to see Zenit coming out for the introduction of a UEFA Cup Final, I always enjoy watching that part. I got Zenit winning 2-1 in xtratime :smileani:
extratime?

oh man, I'm not sure I can take that mentally. :scared:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
extratime?

oh man, I'm not sure I can take that mentally. :scared:
Yea extratime would be tense I know, but I have a feeling Rangers might score a real dumb goal at some point, hopefully not 1st goal of the game. I know Zenit will create some good chances so I figure they'll get at least 1. Then when it looks like both teams will play for penalties, Arshavin will do what the whole world needs to see him do :D

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yea extratime would be tense I know, but I have a feeling Rangers might score a real dumb goal at some point, hopefully not 1st goal of the game. I know Zenit will create some good chances so I figure they'll get at least 1. Then when it looks like both teams will play for penalties, Arshavin will do what the whole world needs to see him do :D

So you think AA will have a big game? That's good. He didn't do all that well in Munich against Bayern, so this will be another opportunity for him to show his stuff. I just hope he doesn't try to do everything by himself, especially with Pogrebnyak suspended.

I do get the same sickening feeling that you have about Rangers possibly scoringa cheap goal. Hope it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
So you think AA will have a big game? That's good. He didn't do all that well in Munich against Bayern, so this will be another opportunity for him to show his stuff. I just hope he doesn't try to do everything by himself, especially with Pogrebnyak suspended.

I do get the same sickening feeling that you have about Rangers possibly scoringa cheap goal. Hope it doesn't happen.
I think he's going to have a big game. What was that thing he was wearing on his knee? It wasn't a brace but some kind of thin sheet :confused: He's had some rest so hopefully he's going to be full of energy and like you said, not getting carried away and taking people on his own. Scottish teams play good help D so he needs to realize when to dribble and when to dribble enough to commit 2nd defenders and quickly finding a teammate

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I think he's going to have a big game. What was that thing he was wearing on his knee? It wasn't a brace but some kind of thin sheet :confused: He's had some rest so hopefully he's going to be full of energy and like you said, not getting carried away and taking people on his own. Scottish teams play good help D so he needs to realize when to dribble and when to dribble enough to commit 2nd defenders and quickly finding a teammate
Yeah, I'm not sure what was on his knee either.

He'll surely be jacked up for kickoff, so hopefully Tymo and some of the other guys can settle him down a bit. Rangers are tough defensively, as you said, so he will not be successful if he tries to do things on his own.

But I think he will do OK, and hopefully score the winner. :excited:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 day to go!! I have a U-23 tryout tomorrow at 6, Zenit better take care of them in regulation! :nervous:

Dima/P&G, you guys know if thier showing it on FSC?
There will be a lot of streams outhere........

1 - 20 of 147 Posts