Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the next year's Uefa Cup final will be held in Istanbul exactly a year from today on May 20th, 2009!!!
Is it a destiny or coincidence, that the final is in the city that brought so many of us in tears and disbelief,
Maybe Milan should be there to erase and delete some of those horrific memories that still bothering millions fans around the globe.
Thats is why destiny allowed osvaldo to score that late goal in torino to send Rossoneri in order to conquer the Turkish capital once and for all..together with sheva:pp

Just a thought......

Forza Milan,Forza Gattuso!!

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Another European cup final in Asia, in the same city within 4 years? Uefa is really nuts.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Another European cup final in Asia, in the same city within 4 years? Uefa is really nuts.
Depends on what part of the city the stadium is ;)

P.S. Premature dreams :strees: The might FC Bayern with all enforcments couldn't qualify to the final :scream:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I believe in destiny. I dont think facing both Liverpool and Boca was just a coinsidence. But its upp to us to first reach the final. Given that Uefa doesn´t have the same status as CL and our tendency to underestimate opponents, we are more likely to miss out on the final than makeing it.

There is one positive thing other than the "easier opponents" (with all due respect) about playing in Uefa that might be in our favor. That is that Milan realy care about international trophy count. Winning Uefa would add another international title to our cabinet and give us a chance for an additional one. Can this be enough motivation?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
We finished bloody FIFTH with at worst the second biggest wage budget in Italy, I'd hope we're going to fight for the UEFA Cup. It'll also be natural to prioritalise the Scudetto next season, but if we end up making the semis I can't see Carlo not fielding the strongest team.

·
Historian
1,364 Posts
Winning Uefa would add another international title to our cabinet and give us a chance for an additional one. Can this be enough motivation?
This is the only thing that has me up for next year. Also, non italians here wont care but countries get good points for their league winning this cup.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Cattus... Winning Uefa plus a win in serie a might even be enough to keep us at the top of the uefa rankings. Another thing that Milan seems to care alot about :pp

Personaly, I want Milan to win this. Not that I care much about trophy count but more becouse we have in recent years twise failed in this com. Third time lucky I hope.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Does anyone have the updated UEFA rankings?
I wonder how much we will drop for not being in the UCL next year.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks cattus! :thumbsup:

I guess we're going to drop down to somewhere between 5 to 10 by next year?
I have no idea what the difference is for UCL and UEFA matches.

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
All we need to hope for now is Liverpool finish 3rd in the CL group stage next season, making them drop into the UEFA Cup so we can face them in the Final :hopeful:

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
:yuck::thmbdown:

If you ever visit Istanbul, immerse in its history and tradition, try to take modern reality with full and open-minded view ;) you might discover the city is more European than most of the cities where most of us "europeans" are coming from. ;)

·
Major
1,342 Posts
you may end up playn liverpool in uefa cup final next yr :p
and have a chance to avenge

god let my wish come true :D

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I see no arrogance here.

Get the Uefa Cup, and then beat the sh*t out of anyone that wins the CL.:strong::excited:
Is it the supercup winner that plays CWC, or the CL winner regardless?

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
God, our arrogance has no limits.
We will win the final 4-0. You heard it here first. I got good news, we kick out all teams before the final. I think we beat Fenerbache in the final, doesn't really matter who meet anyway. :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
We finished bloody FIFTH with at worst the second biggest wage budget in Italy, I'd hope we're going to fight for the UEFA Cup. It'll also be natural to prioritalise the Scudetto next season, but if we end up making the semis I can't see Carlo not fielding the strongest team.
That's pretty much how it goes for the bigger clubs. You field the Gourcuff's and Paloschis until the semis and then field a full strength or nearly full strength team. The way things work now, the UEFA Cup is essentially meaningless to the top clubs from the stronger nations unless they happen to win it. For a club from a smaller footballing nation the cup is a bigger deal.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I see no arrogance here.

Get the Uefa Cup, and then beat the sh*t out of anyone that wins the CL.:strong::excited:
Is it the supercup winner that plays CWC, or the CL winner regardless?
Its the CL champ. The Super Cup is a trinket trophy.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Except that the games will be easier for me to watch (ESPN only showing EPL teams/Real Madrid in there match choices for the CL until the final forces them to expand their palette sometimes, FSC a bit more Catholic in their scheduling), I can't quite understand the thrill of the UEFA Cup. The excitement of playing the likes of Everton and Chernomorets is a bit lost on me, but to each his own I guess...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts