1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday in Poznan...

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTZMdA144Y&feature=related
http://i38.tinypic.com/2ccmck3.jpg

...and a 3:0 win over Polonia Bytom that guaranteed us the top spot in the first part of the season in the Polish premier league.

Next Wednesday in Rotterdam...

:boxing:

...we play a game that seems meaningless for Feyenoord, but is definitely one of the most important matches in recent years for us.

I know that Feyenoord has been underperforming this season and I believe in the strength of my team, but I expect a tough game nonetheless. We need a win to advance to the next stage of the UEFA Cup and if your coach fields second tier players, it could make things easier for us. Do you guys actually care about this match? :)

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
I do. I paid 30 euros to be at the game :howler:

And as for 2nd tier players, I don't think that's possible. We already are missing tonnes of players. If he were to rest players, we'd probably be fielding the under 15s lol

nice pic and video btw :cool:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess there is a chance you are the only Feyenoorder who cares :pp, but here you go - Lech Poznan team profile.

KKS Lech Poznan
Founded in 1922.
Nickname: "Kolejorz" ("railwayman").
Colours: blue and white.
5-time Polish champion.
No major European success yet.

I. Star player: :star:

Semir Stilic (21, playmaker, shirt no. 14, Bosnian) - best player in the Polish Ekstraklasa, great technique and passing, excellent on free kicks.
Trademark video: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=qB3_6i_CC4w - one of the six goals he scored from set piecies this season.

II. Players to watch:

Manuel Arboleda (29, central defender, shirt no. 5, Colombian) - a rock in defence that sometimes transforms into a dynamic offensive force.
Trademark video: http://videos.sapo.pt/aMAZ8n8Kz5mpcBSQczFZ - Arboleda assist in the game against Deportivo La Coruna.

Robert Lewandowski (20, striker, shirt no. 8, Polish) - scored on his league, cup and national team debut and it's his first season in the Ekstraklasa.
Trademark video: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKQYTy3fVg - good turn and a powerful shot as he scored for Poland in Dublin.

Rafal Murawski (27, shirt no. 16, Polish) - our captain and a hard-working all round midfielder.
Trademark video: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=LMwNr_wEXRc - Murawski scores a last-minute goal in the extra time that battled our way through to the UEFA Cup group stage.

Hernan Rengifo (25, striker, shirt no. 11, Peruvian) - very strong, good at heading and a decent finisher.
Trademark video: http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=UZcg4Ss6Sok

III. Eleven for Feyenoord:

Turina - Wojtkowiak, Tanevski, Arboleda, Djurdjevic - Murawski (c), Injac, Wilk - Stilic, Peszko - Rengifo.

Lewandowski will be the first to enter if things don't go our way. Bandrowski will replace Injac if the latter is not fit.

I do. I paid 30 euros to be at the game :howler:
See you there!

BTW, what's worth visiting in Rotterdam supposing we have a few hours for sightseeing? /Sorry, not enough time to browse the "Rotterdam!" thread ;)/

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
A Colombian, a Peruvian and a talented Bosnian....we've made it policy under Peter Bosz to not scout anywhere except in Holland :( and if so, only to get players over 30 :(

As for sightseeing, there's not really much to see really. No place to really say wow I got to go there like say the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar or Aya Sofya in Istanbul. I'd say just stick to the centre which is small anyway and build a party atmosphere in the centre with the other travelling fans if that's possible cos last time, when Wisla Krakow came over, they were all kept and locked inside the Ahoy sportscentre.

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
Timmer;
Tiendalli, Derijck, Bahia, Wattamaleo;
Wijnaldum, El Ahmadi, Fer, Lucius, Bruins;
Makaay.​

We'll still be playing with our strongest possible line-up.

Only 10000 people expected to turn up

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Have seriously been doubting to visit this match, but when I heard of the ticket prices... :thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

How can Feyenoord ask between €30 and €60 for this match? Are they really crazy? It seems like they really want an empty stadium (to prevent riots?)...

Today I'll support Lech as Feyenoord are already out anyway but I don't think they'll make it as Depor probably will easily beat Nancy who're already through.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
but I don't think they'll make it as Depor probably will easily beat Nancy who're already through.
Nancy aren't through at all, I didn't look good at the table this afternoon, bot Depor and Nancy are at four points, which means Lech will always advance if they win, as Depor and Nancy play each other.

Standings at half time;
Depor - Nancy 0-0
Feyenoord - Lech 0-1

So at this moment Lech are through :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Yup, the Railwaymen are through 1-0. Bahia had a couple of chances near the end to equalise, but for nought. It is telling when your central defender has more shots on goal than the "striker".

Teak
We can forget about Europe now, for this year, and next, and .......

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
Once again I have to say that the visiting side in de Kuip simply were better. Lech should have been up by 2 or 3 goals by the break.

Like you said, Teak, most chances were for Bahia. Our midfield was dreadful once again while Derijck and Wattemaleo looked nervy in defence.
Worst man of the match had to be Lucius who hardly found a player playing in the same shirt.

Marks:

Timmer 6,5

Tiendalli 6,5 at least attempted to go forward
Derijck 5
Bahia 6
Wattemaleo 5

El Ahmadi 5,5
Lucius 5

Wijnaldum 5,5
Fer 5 he's terrible as no. 10 and has been so for weeks. Sno II
Bruins 6 but looked lethargic again at times

Makaay 6,5 at least tried something

Atmosphere wasn't great once again. More anti Peter Bosz banners than before and also saw punches being thrown in vak Q, VV and Z after the Poles had scored.
There actually were Poles sitting my section dressed with Feyenoord scarfs :D but no problem here nor should there be. I mean why can people from opposing sides watch games together in homes or cafes but not in stadiums?

Photos and videos to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I had a good internet feed for the match, courtesy of Polish TV. I will say this about Lech Poznan: I liked what I saw. Very enthusiastic fans; good team play; tough defense. I hope they do well in the UEFA knock-out stages and go far.

Feyenood's problems should not take away from the fact that Lech are a better club at this point and played much better last night. Yeah, it could have been 3-0, 4-0 but for Timmer's saves. He does give an effort despite the lapses of the defenders in front of him.

I like Fer as a defensive midfielder, but not -as you say- a No. 10 (play-maker). I suppose the No. 10 slot is really for de Guzman, but of course we haven't seen much of him this season. It is hard to believe that just a few weeks ago there were English and Italian clubs showing interest in both Fer and Wijnaldum. Hahahaha....what were they thinking?

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
If there was a reason to go, other than thinking this'd be the game which'd send us through to the next round, it was mainly to see what the Polish fans were like. Here are some snaps I took Photos and videos

Shame I didn't continue recording on no. 17 as the guy went completely nuts after that :D

Anyway Kicker, how was the trip?

·
Registered
59,515 Posts
21 year old muppet from Vlijmen charged with attempted manslaughter, 20 other arrests

Feyenoord-aanhanger verdacht van poging tot doodslag

Geplaatst op 18-12-2008 12:55 door Jop Wieffer - Bron: Telegraaf
Een 21-jarige inwoner uit Vlijmen wordt verdacht van poging tot doodslag. Tijdens de wedstrijd Feyenoord-Lech Poznan(0-1) zou de man een 29-jarige Pool in de stadiongracht hebben geduwd op gegooid. De man liep slechts een gebroken enkel op.

De man was niet de enige Feyenoord-supporter die werd aangehouden. De politie hield in totaal 21 personen aan. Voornaamste redenen waren openbare geweldpleging, bezit van vuurwerk, mishandeling en belediging. Toen Feyenoord in de Kuip op achterstand kwam werd het onrustig in het stadion. Ook na afloop zorgden Feyenoord-aanhangers voor problemen. Ze werden uit eindelijk door de ME verdreven bij het Maasgebouw.

Ook zaterdag waren er al ongeregeldheden. Supporters bestormden toen het Maasgebouw na de 1-0 nederlaag tegen AZ. acht supporters werden die avond opgepakt.
:eek:

Happened in the stand opposite me (Z). Saw a swarm of idiots moving and swinging their arms right after the goal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts