Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fenerbahçe SK enter the UEFA Cup at the Round of 32 seeking to break a Spanish hoodoo that has seen them lose all four of their previous encounters against Primera División sides.

Their most recent disappointment came against FC Barcelona in the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League when the Spanish outfit cantered to an easy 3-0 victory at the Sükrü Saraçoglu stadium with goals from Patrick Kluivert, Patrik Andersson and Javier Saviola. The return game was much closer but Fenerbahçe suffered further misery when Rivaldo scored the only goal of the game in the final minute.

It was little better six seasons earlier when the Turkish outfit lined up against Real Betis Balompié in the first round of the UEFA Cup and, ominously for Christoph Baum's side, again lost the first leg in Istanbul - this time 2-1. Fenerbahçe goalkeeper Rüstü Reçber had to pick the ball out of the net twice more in Spain as Betis eased through with a 4-1 aggregate win.

Fenerbahçe enter this year's tie with some impetus, however, after picking up two wins in their final UEFA Champions League group games against AC Sparta Praha and Manchester United FC. However, Real Zaragoza have a fine pedigree in European competition and could prove tough opposition.

They won the forerunner to the UEFA Cup, the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup, in 1963/64 and added the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup trophy in 1994/95 after Nayim's remarkable last-gasp shot from the halfway-line against Arsenal FC. Despite this, the tie against Fenerbahçe will be their first meeting with Turkish opposition in UEFA club competition.

Hopefully we can bag a few goals against R.Zaragoza and put on a stubborn defence at the away leg!

Haydi Fener! :fero:

BUT FIRST: ISTANBULSPOR :fero:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Ticket prizes...:D

Maraton Alt : 150 YTL (150.000.000 TL)
Maraton Üst : 75 YTL (75.000.000 TL)
Numaralı VIP : 150 YTL (150.000.000 TL)
Numaralı : 60 YTL (60.000,000 TL)
Migros : 25 YTL (25.000,000 TL)
Telsim : 25 YTL (25.000,000 TL)
Rakip : 60 YTL (60.000,000 TL)
Özel Tribün : 100 YTL (100.000.000 TL)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
i want my b-day celebratiosn to start early :D:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
I think they will watch tonites match and see how a big trouble they are in. Score a dozen Fener....

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Zaragoza lost to Barca last night by 4-1......but i still dont feel comfortable because although they lost they played good football!

I still think it's a 50-50 deal.....

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Attacking wise, they are a good team. Their problems lie in defence so if we can go out with a balanced team we stand a decent chance... I hope we go out really adventurous in an attempt to end the tie at SSS, if we do they are more then capable of punishing us on the counter....

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
So does anyone want to see the same line up we had against Ist.spor....? :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Manny said:
If you use the same lineup I predict you will loose 3-0. :D
Dude, you just pray that you dont see the same line up against Cimbom....:D:pp

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Cengo said:
Dude, you just pray that you dont see the same line up against Cimbom....:D:pp
That would be entertaining. :)

Cenk if you put a supspended player (Aurelio) on the field you will loose 3-0. ;) :D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Smartass....:pp

But as i said in another topic....serhat needs to be cut to give room for either serkan or kemal considering Selcuk being the natural replacement for Aurelio. My choice would be Serkan.....we need his working rate.

Kemal is still not matchfit....

This means my line up for thursday looks like this:

----------------Rüstü-----------------

Önder-----Lucky------Servet------Ümit

Serkan----------Selcuk----------Tuncay

----------------Alex-------------------

--------Nobre------------Anelka-------

Looks good enough to me...:D

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a bizzare thought that we'd win away as well...:D

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Hincal uluc.....the moron!

I have thought of opening a topic about this awful man.....but never thought he was worth it. He isnt now eithe but i just have to get some off my chest....he is a ..ckhead....:)

He was asked about Fener's oppurtubnities in the Uefa Cup against Zaragoza and he says that zaragoza is a VERY easy draw......the best any team can get!. If Fener even argues the possibilty to not overcopme them.....then Fenerbahce has nothing to do in the Uefa Cup.....:)

Those are his very words......what happened to....this is football.....anyone can win......or the ball is round.....or how about.....they are playing in the fukking La Liga you moron!!!

They play teams like Barca, Real Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo, Sevilla, Atl. Madrid all the time.....they have very classy players. But this moron goes public and puts a tremendous pressure on Fener.....so basically if Fener fails to eliminate Zaragoza he will have the oppurtunity to bash Fener as much as he wants!

Zaragoza is a team who is used to players like Zidane, Ronaldhinho, Giuly, Baraja, Ronaldo, Figo, Xavi, Pujol...and many many more. How can a sane person think that Fener who is used to play against Ahmet, Hayrettin, Mehmet and ali Baba to beat zaragoza like they were worse than Sebatspor or Ist spor.....moron!

This guy really disguts me.....he is the front person that says our defense sucks.....he said that he prefers Deniz and Önder instead of Luciano and servet.......he puts down Servet and Luciano all the time.....the very two persons who has scored 6 goals together and conceeded least goals in the league.

But we know why he bashes our defense and why he prefers Deniz as a centreback.....and we know why you keeep saying Zaragoza is a crappy team!

;)

p.s. why didnt he say the same things when GS lost to a Villareal who had their worst seasons ever or Trabzon who got trashed by Villareal as well....and Bilbao this season!
Insanda kompleks olur ama bukadari biraz fazla....

J

·
0 Posts
p.s. why didnt he say the same things when GS lost to a Villareal who had their worst seasons ever or Trabzon who got trashed by Villareal as well....and Bilbao this season!

I don't remember losing 3-2 on aggregate to be a trashing. Besides Valencia, we were the only team that didn't lose to them in their stadium. Gala was trashed by them(losing 3-0 away). We outplayed them in many instances and lost due to a lack of depth in our squad(Can you say the same about Fener if they lose to Zaragoza?). They went on to play in the quarter finals and had an impressive run in the cup despite many people in this forum suggesting we lost to an easy team.

We beat Bilbao at home and lost to them away with a final aggregate of 3-4. Definately not a trashing considering we were up 3-0 in the first leg at half time. Next time, you should watch the games instead of mislabeling our team like you and many others in this forum have in the past(I remember a comment about Trabzon cheating to win their first championship...all stated like it's fact!)

Fener is champions and currently first place. They should be expected to beat a team like this when Gala and BJK have qualified against Spanish teams in the past(I remember Mallorca and Alaves respectively). I'm only saying that the argument about them being in the spanish League as an excuse for failure is weak. Sure, they play in a better league but with the right players and tactics any team can pull off an upset(Porto won the CL and Uefa cups as underdogs against teams that were supposedly "superior"). With this said I'm expecting Fener to go on to the next round. I don't expect this to be an easy two matches and I certainly don't think a loss is unlikely. Fener are the favorites imo.

I'm not defending Hincal Uluc as I usually don't watch Turkish or Lig TV, as it caters mostly to fans of Istanbul teams. I frankly don't give a damn what the sports journalists say but it seems his comments have upset you. Why do you care so much about the opinions of these journalists? Knowing that this guy knows crap about football why do you continue to watch their programs? It's better just to turn it off or change to another channel.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Dude, Trabzon was trashed....not only were they trashed by Dynamo Kiev at home.....they were trashed in Bilbao as well.

leading with 3-0.....and then being eliminated is me calling being trashed! I watched the games.....it looks liek you who havent. If you had seen the games then you would have known how helpless Trabzon looked in the rematch against Dynamo Kiev in Trabzon and how rediculous they looked in Bilbao....

But i dont get it....first every says what a crappy league the Turkish league has become but then everyone expects the Turkish Champion to beat spanish teams like they were nothing....:D

Tell me....which teams other than Mallorca has Turkish teams eliminated.....? Im not saying this because im being sarcastic.....i only know gs eliminating mallorca and besiktas beating bilbao. It's early and i could have missed something...

Btw, didnt Valencia beat Besiktas last year with a 5-2 aggregate...and didnt Villareal first beat Trabzon with a 3-2 aggregate and then trashed GS with a 5-2.

Mind you that Villareal really sucked that year. And then we have bilbao getting trashed by a very bad besiktas but then the same bilbao trashing a very good Trabzon! Bilbao was in 17th place when playing besiktas and trabzon!

What im trying to say is that noone can say that Zaragoza is an easy draw because no spanish team is......and considering Fenerbahce's crappy european record.....this game is by no means an easy draw! Turkish teams always have trouble with spanish teams....but when it comes to fener it's all forgotten.

I have one good example....when fener was going to qualify 2 years ago for the C.L. they drew Feyenoord as their opponennt. The very same Feyenoord who had won the Uefa Cup. Guess what the media writes....i remember it so good: "Lokum gibi kura"....:howler:

When it suits the sportswriters Fener should beat anyone.....but when it doesnt suit them they say Fener has a very bad european competition history......:D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Good point mate. Really good..

·
*the drum drum*
42,909 Posts
Önder will have a real test on his hands when he comes up a born again Savio, but I'm confident he'll do the job..

The biggest danger is David Villa, a little Romario style forward with an incredible turn of pace. If we had Aurelio, I'd be comfortable since he'd be able to keep an eye on him when he slips away from our defence..
But since we don't, we have to prevent the ball from getting to him in the first place which means a lot of work in midfield.. We succeeded with that against Istanbulspor, forcing them to play long balls forward which Servet and Luciano could easily take care of with their height. It'll be hard, but we'll need to employ a similar tactic against Zaragoza to force them into a long ball game as well..

If we get things right on match day, we could and should put the tie away in the first match.. If not, we'll have a tough time of it in Spain..

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I think that the first game will end as a draw. I say 2-2 but it can be 2-1 for Fener, in my opinion.

Zaragoza coach said yesterday in ATV : "An interessant atmosphere wait us there, but we have 2 UEFA cups, and many significant successes. You know, nobody knows Fenerbahçe in Spain. However, for the Istanbul game, I think that Fener will still be the favourite."

1 - 20 of 158 Posts