Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are players called up for the match, Avramov, Cacia, Dainelli, Donadel, Frey, Gamberini, Gobbi, Jorgensen, Kroldrup, Kuzmanovic, Lupatelli, Montolivo, Osvaldo, Pasqual, Pazzini, Potenza, Santana, Ujfalusi, Vieri.

So still no Liverani, nor Semioli. Probably Osvaldo with start, alongside with Bobo?

·
Registered
639 Posts
After the defeat in Serie A, I am quite wary. Our finishing must improve if we were to really secure the tie by scoring the away goal.

Everton also won against Sunderland, which is a morale boost in itself. I hope our adventure in Europe continues.

I'll be watching this match on the telly (can't remember the last time I watched a Viola match on TV...last one I remembered wanting to watch was the one cancelled because of the wind in Cagliari, and I missed that one).

·
Registered
70 Posts
We've got severe weather warnings in the North West of the UK this morning for gale force winds. I'm currently sat about 35 miles from Goodison and the wind is ridiculous. Just a warning.....if this keeps up the game could be called off tonight for spectator safety.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
We've got severe weather warnings in the North West of the UK this morning for gale force winds. I'm currently sat about 35 miles from Goodison and the wind is ridiculous. Just a warning.....if this keeps up the game could be called off tonight for spectator safety.
Especially with the long ball game of everton.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Although your cheeky remarks might be perfectly valid, there is some serious wind around here and if it keeps up, then a postponement would be the only logical solution (for both teams).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I would play Santana as he is good for the counter attack.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He isn't in any good form lately, but it'd allow us to play Jorgensen in the midfield.

I guess I'd like us to play like this:
Frey
Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Gamberini, Pasqual
Kuzmanovic, Jorgensen, Donadel
Santana, Vieri, Osvaldo

Only one I'm unsure about is Donadel / Montolivo, but the first one is more leader and hard worker, which right at this game and this situation can be very useful.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Donadel should be better to kill the game and ruin their wish to score goals and this what we need today.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ITV4 Live.
Reporters are f*****g fans of Everton :doh:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Match just kicked -off, good luck guys.

Great atmosphere at Everton, I expect them to come out firing but I still believe you have enough quality to beat them away.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
1-0 Everton

Really soft goal, Fiorentina defenders standing and watching.

Frey was pissed, and rightly so.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Oh no :(

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Our defence is a joke at the minute, making that fat bald prick Johnson look like a footballing god :(

Prandelli looking the shit as usual though :D

Yellow for Dainelli, hopefully he is subbed or sent off soon. His defensive "ability" seems to be affecting the others.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Crowd is their 12th player and we are playing with 10 players as Vieri is on pitch :(
Our chance is counter-attacks but what counters we are doing with player who can run 10 metres maximum :(

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Bring on Cacia!

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well your finally able to play some football...but Everton are still running all over the field.

If the players can compose themselves a little they should be able to get some good chances.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts