Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can face one of these teams:

Feyenoord, Dnipro, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Lille, Alkmaar, Stuttgart

Who would you like and who would you dislike?

·
Registered
866 Posts
dnipro,alkmaar or stuttgart for easy pass!!!!
for alot of drama newcastle,boro

probably easy one cause we have a such a problem in a seria A!!!

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you kidding? Stuttgart for easy pass? Stuttgart is currently playing very good football and are surely better than us at the moment. And Dnipro isn't that easy either, same with Alkmaar who is 2nd in dutch league.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I want to draw Lille for revenge purposes.

However, I would be overjoyed to draw Middlesborough, then I could travel on train and go see the game, maybe even Newcastle, but they would be tougher opponents.

I am happy we have got through the group stages, anything else now is a bonus.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Nah, Newcastle are stronger I would say. Middlesborough haven't conceded in three home games so far though in UEFA games.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Middlesborough would be great to watch, for me and Matty C :D

Bresc and Grella vs. Viduka and Schwarzer :D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Avoid New Castle, we have a slow defence.

I prefer Lille, Feyenoord or AZ because they are not far from the city I live in.
A quick analyse:
Feyenoord, cupfighters, it will be difficult.
Dnipro, boring and but strong. But I think normally they do not play in the winter, so they should be out of form.
Newcastle, very strong, nothing for us.
Middlesbrough, 50-50
Lille, second in the french comp., but I have seen them play against Bordeaux. It was not very impressive.
Alkmaar, they will have a set back this season. They are preforming above their standard at the moment.
Stuttgart, I think Italian teams do always good against German teams. They do not put much pressure on our defence and can not make the game.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Dredg said:
Middlesborough would be great to watch, for me and Matty C :D

Bresc and Grella vs. Viduka and Schwarzer :D
:proud: :smileani: Would be a tense one, that's for sure! Not keen on drawing Boro though, they'd be tough opposition - at least we'd probably get some highlights here in Oz!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think we should try to avoid Newcastle out of the list. I feel we can beat the rest with a strong-side.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, lets go!

I want Lille, Feyenoord or Alkmaar, I do NOT want Stuttgart, Middlesbrough, Newcastle. Dnipro I dont care, we would be able to beat them but they are not attractive.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Stuttgart Kickers... Klinsmann's old club. :cool:

Why not? It's not like we're going to win the tournament anyway so it's better to go out against Stuttgart than against the likes of Alkmaar or Dnipro...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I looked good with Newcastle and Boro out of the pot.
Then we got Stuttgart.... :eekani:

Well it will be difficult, but not impossible. I will look how far Stuttgart is from my house, i think a bit far.......

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same here Märco, I will surely see it. Maybe I will fly to Stuttgart though, would be great.

@VERDI: Not Kickers, but VfB. Stuttgarter Kickers is the 2nd club of Stuttgart who is not playing in lower leagues.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sorry about the mistake on Stuttgart. :eek: I'm no authority on German football. (if any football :D) I don't think I've seen a entire match for months now. It just is no fun with Parma in such bad shape... :(

Anyway, if we pull a miracle and win against Stuttgart we will play either Panathinaikos or Sevilla in the last 16.

It will be tough...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Im happy with Stuttgart. I will probably see both games at least on TV and i dont think that they are stronger than Boro, Newcastle Alkmaar or Feyenoord.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts