Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is clearly a tricky situation for Bayern. Getafe have nothing to lose and will press forward from the get-go in order to get that valuable away goal. That said, Bayern should be able to keep a clean sheet against them. Having watched them play several times they have quality, but not Bayern-type quality.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I hope I can watch it on livestream in the hotel here. Sky Sports shows Leverkusen at least.

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
Well, I saw both teams play against us in this years UEFA Cup :howler:

Getafe is a typical Spanish team, playing on ball possession. Technically very strong, a very hard team to break imo. They haven't got any Ribery's who can break open a game, except Uche maybe. Apart from that it's really a decent team, relying on 2 former Real youngsters (De La Red and Granero).

Guess the most famous name in the Getafe squad (apart from their coach :howler:) is Abbondanzieri, the NT goalkeeper of Argentina.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getafe is solid, sure. But to compare them to the rest of the Spanish league right now, including Barcelona, is a laugher.

The biggest issue again will be that Getafe will push forward at every turn, IMHO, to try to get an away goal. Presuming Bayern's defence is up to the challenge, this should create some opportunities for Ribery, Podolski, etc on the counterattack. Bayern must win this one with comfort in order to avoid a very tense return leg next week.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
So for this match maybe we will see this line-up:

Kahn - Lahm, Lucio, Demichelis, Jansen (Lell) - Zé Roberto, Ottl - Ribery, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Poldi

Lets hope Bayern can pull it off

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is anyone able to get the live stream yet from the link I posted above? I thought it came on a bit early last time...

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
The livestream for Media Player is just for inside Germany. I am watching TVU channel 21500.

Imo we got robbed two goals and a red card already by the officials... Although we can argue about one goal but still mistakes enough against us.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
1-0 Good goal from Luca Toni. Schweinsteiger with the corner-assist.

Schweini is playing really good and so is van Bommel. I only see that Poldi wants to score and sometimes forgets to pass the ball. Now Bayern must not relax, and score as many goals as they can. I want this quarter final to end in this match.

By the way, Getafe did not choosed to put Abondanzieri on the goal. Wonder why..

@Tigerheart (Frank): Yes indeed were robbed 2 goals from Luca Toni, one supposed fault against the keaper and another "off-side" of Toni. Don't know what you mean with a red card though. Do you refer to the play on Zé Roberto?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Getafe are putting some real preassure on Bayern. Almost goal and Lahm saved us. Then Schweinsteiger almost scored with a good intent on goal from outside the goalkeapers area.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
@Tigerheart (Frank): Yes indeed were robbed 2 goals from Luca Toni, one supposed fault against the keaper and another "off-side" of Toni. Don't know what you mean with a red card though. Do you refer to the play on Zé Roberto?
Yes I do. There was no card given for that foul :wallbang: and the player already had a yellow from before... :fero:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts