Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a good match for us to play, maybe it does ntefere with our scudetto challenge but I see playing in Europe as a refreshing get away from the stress of the scudetto challenge :stress:

We have not fulfilled any potential in this competition as yet struggling to pass Hadjuk and Gaziantepspor. Of course Totti has not stepped foot on the pitch in this competiton yet but I still expeted better performances!!! For me we need to play a very good team out here, maybe not first team but defintely a strong one.

Villareal have many top class stars but I still think we should win this!!

Zotti
Panucci Dellas Samuel Candela
Mancini Emerson De Rossi Lima
Totti Cassano

bench: Lupatelli, Zebina, Tommasi, D'Agostino, Carew, Delvecchio, Montella

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Nice to see the return leg is home.
I'm following this competition pretty closely now that we're entering the later stages. Evidently, we have to woop on some Spanish ass to advance. In the past, we've matched up well against Spanish clubs. They are a good test in playing more wide-open and I hope the experiences benefit us in Serie A, too! :star:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I hope Totti will start and get a minor injury to keep him out of the Reggina match. But I hope he'll manage to create some goals first :D

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Players called:
Carew, Cassano, D'Agostino, De Rossi, Dellas, Emerson, Lima, Lupatelli, Mancini, Montella, Panucci, Pelizzoli, Samuel, Tommasi, Zebina, Zotti, Wahab, Galloppa, Corvia, Cerci, Virga.

The legend is back baby!:cool:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Märco said:
Very interesting match. Is it on RAI btw? I hope...
Kickoff: 21:30h
Rai Due will broadcast live.

I'm happy for us and even more for Vincenzino, that he finally will be back for Thursday. :)

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
No Totti in that squad, which more or less confirms my concerns about Totti being a too important brick against Reggina. I hope he won't get booked, but you never know.

Anyway Montella said he's ready to finish the season for us now:

"I'm happy to be available again, we respected the recovery period even though I had hoped to be back earlier. But the important thing is that finally I'm ready."

Forza Montella, although you're not vital for us at this point.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Aeroplanino is back! :happy: Montella! :heart:

So it seems like Carew and Cassano are set to play together, Montella will be ready for his classic enter in the second half. :star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carew, Cassano, D'Agostino, De Rossi, Dellas, Emerson, Lima, Lupatelli, Mancini, Montella, Panucci, Pelizzoli, Samuel, Tommasi, Zebina, Zotti, Wahab, Galloppa, Corvia, Cerci, Virga.

No Totti as said but Im still quite confident!!!

Zotti
Zebina Dellas Samuel Panucci
Mancini Emerson De Rossi Lima
Carew Cassano

Lupatelli, Virga, Tommasi, D'Agostino, Cerci, Montella, Delvecchio

Thats what I expect!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Montella is back in the squad. :D That's wonderful news. Also i'm sure i read Totti's name on the squad list but as i was only skim reading it could easily have been Zotti.
Still even without Totti thereis no reason why we can't win this game.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Montella back for Roma Wednesday 10 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Montella is hoping to play for Roma at Villarreal on Thursday after recovering from injury.

The Italian international has been sidelined for almost four months with numerous injuries but he¡¯s back and raring to go.

"I¡¯m happy to be at the Coach¡¯s disposal again," he said after he was named in the squad for the UEFA Cup tie.

"We kept faith with my rehabilitation programme and I¡¯m now ready to give my full contribution.

"I hope to feature in Spain because it has been really hard for me to miss out on playing in a Roma that is so strong."

Montella¡¯s chances of appearing tomorrow night look good after boss Fabio Capello again left out Francesco Totti.

The captain has yet to play in Europe this season and he will remain in the capital with Chivu, Dacourt, Candela and Delvecchio. Capello has selected five youth team players instead.

Squad: Carew, Cassano, D'Agostino, De Rossi, Dellas, Emerson, Lima, Lupatelli, Mancini, Montella, Panucci, Pelizzoli, Samuel, Tommasi, Zebina, Zotti, Wahab, Galloppa, Corvia, Cerci, Virga.

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
De Rossi is now also out so Emerson-Tommasi in midfield!!!!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
It is rumored that l'aeroplanino might even start alongside Carew tonight.

Definitly out for us are now: (to sum it up once more)
Delvecchio, Dacourt, Chivu, De Rossi, Candela, Totti

Probable lineup:
Zotti
Zebina, Dellas, Samuel, Panucci
Mancini,Tommasi, Emerson, Lima
Vincenzino Montelissimo, Carew

(Pelizzoli, D'Agostino, Wahab, Cerci, Corvia, Virgo, Cassano, Virga)

Villarreal probable lineup: (from Marca.com)
Reina
Belletti, Ballesteros, Coloccini, Javi Venta
Battaglia, Josico, Riquelme, Victor
Andersson, Victor

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Stand tall Roma! Forza Vinny and Tommasi the Warrior! :star:

p.s. Sympathy and love for the victims in Spain today.:( I understand the match will go on - with a moment of silence. Rest in peace. :(

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
I can't believe the match is going ahead. :sob:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Should have been called off I feel, but it goes ahead and we have to keep our heads on this match!!!

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Its pretty damn ridiculous, i dont see why this game isnt a potential target for terrorists, safety first, football second. My sympathies to those hurt in Spain, what has the world come to?:(

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
I can

If they didn't cancel the Real Madrid Roma game on september 11th
Yes, but the CL matches on the 12th were postponed. UEFA fail to surprise me. Why would anyone be interested in a football match on a day like today. :depress:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts