Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have really dismissed this match it seems because of what has happened to Totti and the derby, but well it would be nice to get through this. Obviously we should rest some key players here and hope the defence do its job and maybe we can nick a goal. Heres the team I want:

Curci; Bovo, Kuffour, Chivu, Cufre; Dacourt, Aquilani; Alvarez, Perrotta, Tommasi; Taddei

Bench: Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Kharja, Rosi, Mancini, Montella.

We bring some of the big players for the bench incase we need them, but I think the above should be the starting team.

Montella and Mancini rested for the derby, but I would still include Perrotta as to me he is irreplacable right now and Taddei because he was rested last week.

I hope for a 1-0 win to us, Taddei with the goal.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what you wanna rest montella for?
he has to play as much as possible to find back form.

taddei did play for 70 minutes last weekend.

we have to play at least with one striker so either montella or okaka.
wouldn't even exclude spalletti fielding a different tactical formation now with totti out so long.
montella as a lone striker isn't exactly encouraging.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Roma players called for UEFA Cup

Spalletti calls only 16 players for this match: Aquilani, Alvarez, Bovo, Chivu, Cufré, Curci, Doni, Kharja, Kuffour, Mancini, Mexes, Montella, Panucci, Perrotta, Taddei, Tommasi.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
My team for this match:

-------------------Curci-------------------
Panucci------Bovo--------Kuffour------Cufre'
---------Tommasi-----------Aquilani--------
---Alvarez--------Perrotta--------Taddei----
------------------Montella------------------

I think Chivu, Mexes, and Mancini should be rested and ready to come in if needed. Montella needs to get into game shape, so play him from the first minute.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Spalletti confirmed in his press conference: Montella will play from the first minute. Tomassi will be the captain.

Forza Roma!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My idea is that Montella has hardly played so he will be really tired if he plays v Brugge for the game v Lazio, also he risks injury. If he does get injured dont cry to me.

For the match I trust Spalletti in any case.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since you are a Brugge fan your prediction is expected so I will say 6-0 Roma with 4 goals from Montella :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Deano said:
Since you are a Brugge fan your prediction is expected so I will say 6-0 Roma with 4 goals from Montella :rolleyes:
Yeah, that could actually also very well happen

1 - 20 of 136 Posts