Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no doubt that this game is going to be big. Celtic have just beaten Rangers (again) in the Scottish Cup and they look unstoppable. In Europe, it's a different story. There's no doubt that they have the will power, but they definitely lack the class to go to the next level. With the Parkhead crowd behind them, the Bhoys have a good chance of surprising us. I think Henrik Larsson's performance will be the key to their game.

And we're not doing too bad either ;) We have won our last 9 games and there's no reason why we can't make it our 10th. After all, we beat the likes of Valencia and Deportivo in their own back yard. There will we some key players missing for us with Van Bronckhorst being the latest person to be unavailable for the game. Things aren't looking so simple for us, because Motta, a decent left back, is supposed to replace Davids in midfield. I think we will see Óscar and Reiziger as our wide defenders, with Puyol and Oleguer in the centre. Saviola returns to the squad after being suspended against Mallorca.

We shouldn't be afraid of Celtic. The English style of play will suit us very well and we should see plenty of goals over the two legs. The 1st leg will be crucial for both sides, because I can't see Celtic doing much in Barcelona.

Head: Celtic 1-1 Barcelona
Heart: Celtic 0-1 Barcelona.

·
Registered
967 Posts
gio is out for 3-4 weeks but marquez is fit so he could play if oleguer is dropped :( i think we could win 1-0 like marquez said!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
IMO its a very easy match!!!
Nothing the players cant handle, the only celtic players who may opose threat are, larsson, who is a good dribbler, and fast, yet he will give up the ball easily; and Agathe from the right, but since Davids isn't elligible to play, and Gio is out, it will be interesting to see who will guard him. Ronaldinho has to keep up his excellent form, (though he didn't show it vs Mallorca). Saviola will score, and win the match.

Scots are mad fans, good luck to Barca players as they step on the field, the fans won't make it easy

Heart: Celtic 0 - 3 Barca
Head: Celtic 1 -2 Barca

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think we'll win... I predict a 1-2.

Marquez and Saviola come back to the team and Gio is out. He'll play with Oscar Lopez or Motta as LB. I would prefer to play with Oscar, Motta can finish with a red card in this place.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
I predict a 0-2 but even if we lose it will be fun in the second leg

It will be so sad for eight ball,watching one more of the many british clubs being outplayed and probably embarrassed by FC Barcelona :howler:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think it's all about keeping things all square for the first 20 minutes where it is inevitable that Celtic will try and come out of the blocks quickly.

Once Barca have done that all they have to do is keep possession, quiet the crowd and let Saviola/Ronaldinho do the rest.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
spAd! said:
I predict a 0-2 but even if we lose it will be fun in the second leg

It will be so sad for eight ball,watching one more of the many british clubs being outplayed and probably embarrassed by FC Barcelona :howler:
So tell me - when's the last time Barca embarrassed a british club playing in the UK? If you had been reading correctly - that has been my point in earlier posts.
Celtic have a terrible away record against european teams so I expect the score to be at least 2-0 or more in spain. I also could not give a c*** who wins this tie overall to be honest.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Oh,yes you could not give a c*** about this tie,although your first post in here was after the draw talking about complacency and arrogance from our side and our "bad"record in the UK

I mean it would be cool if you were a bhoy but you're supporting Everton :)( ) and reading your posts i suspect you want them to go through

We might have "underachieved"the last decade(since 1994 that is?) but this "underachievement" is bigger than Everton could ever dream of and i would like to add that Man U definitely miss the best player on Earth and our turning point,you know what i'm talking about don't you;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
spAd! said:
Oh,yes you could not give a c*** about this tie,although your first post in here was after the draw talking about complacency and arrogance from our side and our "bad"record in the UK

I mean it would be cool if you were a bhoy but you're supporting Everton :)( ) and reading your posts i suspect you want them to go through
Are you having trouble reading spad? Try reading my post again and see if you can understand that its the result of who goes through I could not give a c*** about, notice there's a difference? :rolleyes:
If I wanted celtic to go through - then a 2-2 draw prediction at parkhead leaves them with a mountian to climb in spain.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
spAd! said:

We might have "underachieved"the last decade(since 1994 that is?) but this "underachievement" is bigger than Everton could ever dream of and i would like to add that Man U definitely miss the best player on Earth and our turning point,you know what i'm talking about don't you;)
Considering Barca have always had the resources to make a big impact - why even compare a team of barcalona's capabilities to Everton's? :confused:
Again - I couldn't care less what chance man u had of signing ronny - ie: try reading my profile - it will indicate that am not a man u fan.

·
40,147 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
So tell me - when's the last time Barca embarrassed a british club playing in the UK? If you had been reading correctly - that has been my point in earlier posts.
Celtic have a terrible away record against european teams so I expect the score to be at least 2-0 or morall to bin. I also could not give a c*** who wins this tie overall to be honest.
Liverpool in Anfield playing amazing football with Rochamback and Overmars scoring (1-3) or the 2-4 in Wembley against Arsenal or last time we won in Newcastle or....

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Liverpool in Anfield playing amazing football with Rochamback and Overmars scoring (1-3) or the 2-4 in Wembley against Arsenal or last time we won in Newcastle or....
Missed the point koeman. I did not ask when the last time barca won in Britian; when I see the word "embarrassed" (as in what spad is talking about) - I see it as scorelines such as 4-0, 5-1+ etc. Yep ok - 4 goals is a large number to concede considering arsenal did get two consolations.

·
40,147 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
Missed the point koeman. I did not ask when the last time barca won in Britian; when I see the word "embarrassed" (as in what spad is talking about) - I see it as scorelines such as 4-0, 5-1+ etc. Yep ok - 4 goals is a large number to concede considering arsenal did get two consolations.
The 1-3 was amazing too. Yes, I guess you forgot how was that match, but I can tell you that Liverpool received a lesson of how to play football in Anfield... although lately it's not so strange this. :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Koeman4 said:
The 1-3 was amazing too. Yes, I guess you forgot how was that match, but I can tell you that Liverpool received a lesson of how to play football in Anfield... although lately it's not so strange this. :D
:cool: (this was a rare match i watched that period. watching that match only for barca. only spanish teams could attract me indeed. ;))

barca didn't disappoint me by giving liver a foodball :tongue: lesson. i don't remember exactly how was the match. but absolutely liver outplayed by barca. rivaldo on fire. rochem stole and scored rivaldo's ball and kluivert's goal were both amazing. :dazed: at the end, some liver fans left the stadium with disappointment and anger earlier than the whistle. :howler: (valen gave liver the same lesson either. :star: depor taught by manu though.)

·
40,147 Posts
F.C. BARCELONA has asked UEFA to suspend this match in respect to the 130 victims of the ETA massive killing act in Madrid

Also Valencia CF, RCD Mallorca and Villarreal CF have asked the European organization to suspend their UEFA Cup matches.

All my love to the people of Madrid.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts