Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

MVP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the first time we face the CL champs in the group stage, as actual "current" CL champs as opponents.
The last game at the Juventus Stadium ended 3-0 to Conte's Juve vs. Roberto Di Matteo's CL team. If I'm not mistaken he was let go after the game.

Font Screenshot Gadget Software Multimedia

This is how Chelsea played in their last game, when they lost to Man City (1-0). Lukaku had a horrible game. I think Bonucci/Chiellini are no strangers to man-marking big Rom from the past and the highest level at the Euro's no-less. (De Ligt too from last season).

Otherwise, I see no room to be optimistic here. Juventus are still conceding too much. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, and no Dybala or Morata- I think it's gonna be too much to ask to out-score Chelsea on Wednesday night. I'm calling it a loss 2-0 to Chelsea. 馃槶
Organism Font Operating system Screenshot Technology

Registered
We're fucked, no Dybala and Morata.

How are we facing an injury crisis this early in the season?

Again, what are these guys doing on the fitness team?

• Sad
Reactions: Rhizoid

MVP
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I dont see it any other way. I know this sounds like a jinx post but it's not: Juve taking a huge ass L vs. Chelsea I'm calling it from it now.

With Dybala-Morata I'd have said a score draw like 2-2.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Registered
Hopefully there's a pair of testicles between a front three of Bernardeschi, Kean and Kulusevski.

Put Locatelli, Bentancur and Ramsey in midfield.

You need Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Cuadrado in defense.

Registered
Is Chiesa injured? He would be my only hope.

Registered
Interesting half. Juventus definitely bunkering in but defending well. Chelsea seriously lack creativity in the final third.

Registered
1-0 but the ball possession is laughably low for Juventus. Chelsea have hardly shot on goal up to now, but the pressure could increase and we all know that Juventus easily concede.

Registered
Kulu is a Kevin De Bruyne type player, and he needs to play that kind of position to be effective. Only problem is, we don't play like that at all.

Registered
Sort of like a hybrid fantasista role, playing sort of behind the strikers, at times dropping deep like an AM but at times pushing up like a second striker.

He needs to be playing between the lines, he doesn't have the speed to play out wide, he has the passing and vision to be decisive in such a role.

MVP
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I owe the team an apology for sh*tting on them so much lol 馃槀 馃槶

In any case WE MOVE !!! 鈿解櫉锔

Registered
This was impressively intense by Juve. What you'd expect from an Allegri team. And Chiesa is just a wonderful player.

Reactions: Rhizoid

Registered
Sort of like a hybrid fantasista role, playing sort of behind the strikers, at times dropping deep like an AM but at times pushing up like a second striker.

He needs to be playing between the lines, he doesn't have the speed to play out wide, he has the passing and vision to be decisive in such a role.
That's the role he had yesterday and Bernardeschi looked much better.

Kulusevski's best performances for Juve came on the right wing when he had very limited responsibilities beyond beating his man (repeatedly).

Registered
That's the role he had yesterday and Bernardeschi looked much better.

Kulusevski's best performances for Juve came on the right wing when he had very limited responsibilities beyond beating his man (repeatedly).
Well he didn't start, and he hasn't had a good run in the position because when we have our full complement, Kulu is not in the starting line-up usually, and even if he is he starts in a wider position.

Kulu needs faith, he has the skills but he needs to play in a position where he's closer to goal and has more freedom.

The question is whether they believe in him enough to give him a chance to play that role.

MVP
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Remember when an old Xtra Timer described a certain Giorgio Chiellini has having brick feet, being too heavy, and not such a good defender? Who was it, Cacini or something?

Anyway, if I had to use the same brick feet description for a player, I'd say Dejan Kulusevski matches that notion.

He's a talented player, but execution can be off. He can be slow and sometimes lost on the pitch. Like, what are you doing, are you a winger? A support striker? A striker? All of the above?

You can get some good potential out of him when used properly and ideal teammates around him. But more often than not, he's one of those headless chickens. Imagine Cuadrado, but minus the "Neymar-wannabe" skills.

Registered
I'm not particularly impressed my Kulusevski's ball control. Kulusevski sometimes stumbles on the ball and can't really be defined a butterfly when dribbling, but rather a bull. I also thought he was mentally stronger and scored more. All in all, if I were Juventus I would try to sell him before all his weaknesses are clear to anyone.

Registered
I would not be surprised if he left Italy because the Serie A teams wouldn't want to give Juve that much money for a player who does not work very hard and needs to lose some kilos. But in Russia, Ukraine or whatever, he would fit in well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts