Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great e-mail yesterday from UEFA,apparently ive been successful in my application for tickets for the final!!!
Anyone else have any luck??

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I intend to go,but I do have some Arsenal mates who are all of a sudden interested in purchasing them!!
might not be a need for Ebay!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Should be a great trip TSC :thumbsup:

Hope it's a Barca v Arsenal final for you. On one hand it should be a great game of football and on the other it's the most marketable match if you can't make it :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope Barcelona make it,I have a wee soft spot for them,been to see them a few times.I would like Arsenal to make it,being British and all(even if theres not 1 British player in the team)Although,I wont be disappointed if Villarreal make it,they seem to have taken to us since we played them,I hear their fans have ben in touch with Rangers about forming a Rangers Supporters Club.:lala: ;)

As for taking someone,well...there is a lady friend whom Im considering taking,seeing as its in Paris and all,but I doubt she would appreciate the football....:stress:
What a dilemma:undecide: :wallbang:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Arsenal v Barcelona would make a great final. Let's hope the Arsenal can do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chivoexpiatorio said:
Arsenal v Barcelona would make a great final. Let's hope the Arsenal can do it. :thumbsup:
Agreed.Would give Thierry Henry a close-up of his new club:howler: :tongue:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Im looking forward greatly to it. I had a ticket before Barcelona qualified so I was going to go anyway but now we got there it is going to be so great to see :) :party: :star: Have you decided definitely to go or not yet Spacecowboy?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,looks like its me and one of my mates from London.The other guy cant make it,hes booked a holiday to Greece for him and his missus!!!:doh: :doh:
Dont know wether to wear a Barca shirt,or my Rangers one:confused: :D
Going to make a short trip out of it,maybe stay for 3-4 days.
What about yourself Anna?got any plans for the trip?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
no secret im pulling for barcalona. if they win, celtic is thru proper. be great to see larsson score the goal that puts us in too!... but as long as they win.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo-Hoo!!!!!Just in from work,and guess whats lying there...
An envelope,delivered by DHL,containing 4 of the loveliest Champions League Final tickets that you have ever seen:happy: :happy: :happy: :party: :party: :party:

Paris is about to be invaded,Paul le Guens Blue and White Army is on its way!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
TheSpaceCowboy said:
An envelope,delivered by DHL,containing 4 of the loveliest Champions League Final tickets that you have ever seen:happy: :happy: :happy: :party: :party: :party:

Fantastic news! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy it :tongue:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
TheSpaceCowboy said:

Congrats as well :thumbsup:

I had tickets for the 2002 final at Hampden between Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen but didnt attend cause i had to do my GCSE's :(

But because of my debenture at Hampden i WILL be going to the Uefa Cup final next year :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really looking forward to this now,one of my mates is sorting out the flights and hotel rooms this afternoon.It will be great to go back to the Stade de France,was there for the Brazil v Scotland game in 98,its a cracking stadium.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well,thats me off soon,heading to London,then on to gay Paree!!
Got my Rangers top,resplendent with its new 'Le Guen' name on the back.
I'll give you lot a wave,look out for me,
now wheres Annax??:excited: :pp

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I've just got a feeling Arsenal are gonna do it. I'm not really supporting either team. Just hope it'll be a good game.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
hope you enjoyed the game :)

looked like a great spectacle to experience and the match started off really promising i thought it was shaping up to be a great match - then the sending off came and that closed the game down greatly -i don't really think the ref had much choice with that decision, but afterwards he had a bit of a shocker and ruined the game a bit with poor decisions. the dive that led to Arsenals goal, the repeated fouls on Henry that didnt get any bookings (then Henry winning the ball fairly and getting booked!). Shame.

watching it all just me all the sicker about missing out on CL football next season - made even worse as we wont get to enjoy celtic getting humped in the preliminary round as thats them through to the group stages automatically. jammy bastards!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I thought the sending off spoiled the game, although I was glad Arsenal took the lead after that. If it had stayed 0-0 the game would have been worse than it was. I was hoping for penalties, but when Barca made it 1-1 you knew they'd score again.

Thought it was funny how Tyldsley or whatever [email protected] was commentating was going on about Arsenal being so close to winning...etc, and then as soon as Braca score he says, "you knew it was coming." For some reason he also thought it was Sol Campbell being sent off for Lehmann's challenge on Eto'o :googly: What a dick. And we'll have to put up with him for the World Cup too. I know, I know, I could turn the volume down. But actually putting up with it all makes it even more satisfying when England get knocked out...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts