Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drawing will be held this Friday in Switzerland. All teams have the possibility of playing each other. Looking at the teams I thought I like to get your opinions who who we like to face and who we would like to avoid. I thought we could list in order the teams you would like to face. 1 through 7 with one at your first choice and 7 as the team you would like to avoid the most.

Here's my list

1. Lyon
2. Monaco
3. Porto
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Deportivo
7. AC Milan

1 through 3 were easy for me to decide but looking at 4-7 things seem tighter.

I feel Chelsea still a couple of years away from being a major threat in Europe and as the pressure starts to mount they might be the team out of the remaining clubs to buckle first.

Arsenal is arguable the hottest club but their open style of football would best suite our stlye of play especially after the hard knock of the Germans they would likely give us the room to play. Still they are likely the most dangerous offensive club that we could face. They had an easy draw against Celta and not convinced yet that they can handle the pressure of the CL.

Deportivo knows us very well and I would prefer avoiding another spanish club. Their defense shut out Juve from over 180 min and I would love to see another all spanish final :star:

Milan: the most balance club and current champions lead by a great captain. This is the club I would want to avoid since they besides ourselves know what it takes to win the CL. They and depor would be the only clubs not in awe of the Real Madrid mystique or the galacticos.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i think you are right on spot che, but i would switch depor with milan.
deportivo are the last club that i want us to meet in the next stage. anything but a spanish club.
it is true that milan are much more balanced then deportivo, but still, i rather face them then deportivo.

one thing though, about your remark about depor's defence, it wasn't that their defence was so good but rather the poor offence from juventus.
________
Ebonygirl20

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I also wouldn't really mind facing you guys. Then we could see who are the real Galacticos...:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
1. Porto
2. Lyon
3.Monaco
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. AC Milan
7. Deportivo

I would rather play porto because we have faced and defeated them before this year. Deportivo #7 for the all spanish final.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
I want to see RM beat the living crap out of the ARSENAL and that bIATch Henry!!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
i did want bayern. why not milan now? i don't mind anyone since in the knock-out stage we have at least one game at home as our backup. no team can easily beat us at our home. among these seven, whose results at home are better than us? no.

the team i want with order.
1. porto, we did face before.
2. lyon, they seem not as strong as the others.
3. chelsea, clearly know how poor were they against sttutgart.
4. arsenal, lack of experience in euro.
5. milan, let's continue our battle!
6. monaco, moro.
7. deportivo, only want to see them in the final. :D

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
The team I would like to face is lyon, followed by Porto and Monaco

Although I wouldn't want us to play Monaco because of our dear Morientes who will try to prove himself and will have "2 home matches".

The last team I want to face is Deportivo followed by Milan and Arsenal.

If we got a draw with Chelsea that wouldn't be bad.

Anyways bring on any team, as we have to beat the best to be the best!

·
Registered
539 Posts
1. Lyon
2. Monaco
3. Porto
4. Chelsea
5. Deportivo
6. Arsenal
7. AC Milan

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Chelsea are extremely weak, they are gone next round regardless of who they play if you ask me.

Lyon, Porto, Monaco... Giver, easiest draws of the bunch. And I wouldn't mind facing Monaco with 'Moro wanting to prove himself.' It would be nice to see Moro back in the Bernabeu.

Arsenal, they play open. open game means we will kill them. I'm not even exaggerating. You can't beat us at our own game, not with the players we have.

Milan would be the toughest by far, but i'd stil rather have them then Depor (same as the reasons above). But I think we'd give them a nice whopping as well... Yep, definitly.

Depor, save them for the final.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Milan are easily the toughest, followed closely by Depor and Arsenal. If we are to get any of these three, I just hope we play the second leg at home.

The other four teams....we should beat them over two legs 9 times out of 10.

By the way, any chance Carlos' ban will be reduced as Mills had suggested ? And what about Ronaldo, he'll be back for the first legs rite ?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
The Merengue said:
Milan are easily the toughest, followed closely by Depor and Arsenal. If we are to get any of these three, I just hope we play the second leg at home.

The other four teams....we should beat them over two legs 9 times out of 10.

By the way, any chance Carlos' ban will be reduced as Mills had suggested ? And what about Ronaldo, he'll be back for the first legs rite ?
Roberto Carlos isn't going to play in the 1st leg, as his appeal was rejected to be reduced to even a 1 match ban.

Ronaldo is a doubt, even the doctors don't know when he is going to be back but its 2 weeks to a maximum 3

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
This Cl is the battle between Real Madrid X AC MIlan. People are talking about arsenal, but they play to much of a frenchy/sexy football to have any say when the tough gets going. Mark my words... they will tremble once they meet you guys or Ac Milan. They do not have a bull fighter in the middle (nor does Madrid, but you have the real sphistication and glamorous footie:))

As you guys were champions in 98/00/02.... i guess 04 wil also be your year. Hoping you guys take the whole thing.... specially cause of Ronaldo;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I would not particularly prefer anyone: getting the easier teams and if we go on to win the Cup, there'll just be bashers coming in and say we got it easy.

In fact at this stage all teams are dangerous. Look at how the teams qualify and you know it: Monaco won it in extra time, Porto easily went to Old Trafford with a game plan and got what they want, Chelsea needed an own goal, Depor got rid of Juve, Milan got an early scare when they concede an early away goal...

So why bother in prefering any? A true champion must suffer before tasting the fruits of success.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
cliffordil said:
So why bother in prefering any? A true champion must suffer before tasting the fruits of success.
well said, I dont fear anyone so let the luck decide.

I would nt mind watching Arsenal vs AC Milan in the next round
lets them kill themselves b4 we test them,

All the teams and their fans fear us.
I can smell it, reading the milan guys wanting to face us is just a way to face his fear and phobias.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Alter Ego said:
I can smell it, reading the milan guys wanting to face us is just a way to face his fear and phobias.

Makes sense ... :rolleyes:

Just like someone in the Milan forum said: we want to meet you before you get kicked out by someone else :cool: ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Alter Ego said:

:groan: :stress:

We Milanisti respect all the teams but don't fear any of them, not even mighty Real...:eek: Not that we're arrogant, but simply because we're aware of our team's potential and strength. We are confident of our team's chances because we have the experience, the talent, the depth, the class, the mentality, the tradition, the history, the expertise to shine and to triumph in Europe and we know what it takes to retain our crown. :proud:

So bring on Real. It would be a fascinating match!!!:lick:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
San Siro said:
:groan: :stress:

We Milanisti respect all the teams but don't fear any of them, not even mighty Real...:eek: Not that we're arrogant, but simply because we're aware of our team's potential and strength. We are confident of our team's chances because we have the experience, the talent, the depth, the class, the mentality, the tradition, the history, the expertise to shine and to triumph in Europe and we know what it takes to retain our crown. :proud:

So bring on Real. It would be a fascinating match!!!:lick:

Cheers.;)

I agree. I'm sure that Milan doesn't fear Real Madrid at all because for about two years now we've been telling people that we're still one of the best teams in the world and can easily match up to you Merengues because of the fact that we have enough fire power plus a great defense, hence we may be a more balanced team then you.

No doubting you guys are the 'Galacticos' but we have a nice team as well. The talent, depth, class, tradition and history and the mentality we have is second to none like Payman mentioned. Would be an amazing match, really.

Cheers

·
Extra Chilli Sauce
518 Posts
Personally I want Real...

We will fcuk you guys silly and steal your "galactico" title...

You boys dont want to come here, its fcuking freezing and the thump and noise of the san siro is not what it appears on television at all, basically you will want to avoid us until the finals as we are not your cup of tea...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A.V said:
Personally I want Real...

We will fcuk you guys silly and steal your "galactico" title...

You boys dont want to come here, its fcuking freezing and the thump and noise of the san siro is not what it appears on television at all, basically you will want to avoid us until the finals as we are not your cup of tea...

It's post like this why I had contemplated a temporary lock down on all threads in the madrid forum out of respect for the members who were touch on this very dark day.

we get drunken sailors in here who neither have the tact or wisdom to know any better.

yes, very insightful indeed:rollani:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts