Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UEFA decided to ban the Calderón for the next 3 games of Atletico in the Champions League. Atletico will have to play 300 Kms far from Madrid too. This meassure applies to the games against Liverpool, PSV and the possible game in the 1/8 finals.

This decision is taken after the violent incidents of the Olympique ultras and the reply of the police. Marseille denounced the violent reaction of the police and also some racist chants in the stadium.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20081014/noticia_53560142599.html

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
This came out of nowhere to be honest but I can't really say anything about it as I wasn't there against Marseille. I know that Aguirre insulted Valbuena a whole lot of times during the game, that some Marseille-fans had issues with the police and one of their main guys is in jail in Madrid.

As for the racist chants; wouldn't surprise me if they think a racist chant is the one when Kun scores a goal and it sounds like monkey-sounds (KUN, KUN, KUN). I'm not saying the Atlético-fans haven't done anything, but this was the issue last season against Recreativo. Frente Atlético are usually pretty racist though.

How come that there were no problems with Schalkes fans when they visited Madrid?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Sucks that Torres' much anticipated homecoming is ruined now. Im sure Atleti will appeal this decision though because it does seem a bit excessive.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Atlético dealt three-match stadium ban
Tuesday 14 October 2008

Club Atlético de Madrid have been handed a stadium ban for three UEFA club competition matches by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Committee, following incidents at the UEFA Champions League Group D game against Olympique de Marseille on 1 October.

€150,000 fine
The ban for the third UEFA club competition match is deferred for a probationary period of five years meaning that if Atlético progress to the knockout stages they could be allowed to return to the Vicente Calderón. Atlético were charged with a lack of organisation during the OM match, which led to crowd incidents, and for the improper conduct of their supporters. The Spanish club were also fined €150,000 for the offences. Consequently, Atlético must play their next two home UEFA Champions League matches at a stadium situated at least 300km from Madrid. The two-match stadium ban will apply to Atlético's games against Liverpool FC on 22 October, and against PSV Eindhoven on 26 November.

Aguirre ban
Meanwhile Atlético coach Javier Aguirre has been banned from carrying out his function for two UEFA club competition matches. The ruling applies to the home match against Liverpool on 22 October, and the away meeting against the same opposition on 4 November. Aguirre was punished during the OM match, his conduct contrary to the provisions of Article 5 of the UEFA disciplinary regulations (click here). He will not be allowed at an official event during and after the match, or in the tunnel, technical area or dressing room. Any communication with the team is also forbidden. Appeals may be lodged by 17 October at 12.00CET.
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=512/newsid=761348.html

First of all ...

Deadline for appeal is next friday @ 12:00 PM

BUT
three points:

1) If the problem was about the police, what has Atlético to with it?!
2) If the problem was with the fans of OM, than Om should be banned and not Atlético
3) If Atlético missed to do everything which was planned for the security reasons, than YES the club must be fined. But why the **** one week in front of a game?!
Are the fans of Liverpool or the Fans from Atlético like we Germans not relevant?!
We already booked hotels, flights, take vacation, etc.

WHAT THE **** IS THE UEFA THINKING WHO THEY ARE!!!

What a shame ..

Btw. Plaitini is french, isn't he?!
Marseille is from France, isn't it?!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
and what about Aguero ban ? whats the reason ?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
and what about Aguero ban ? whats the reason ?
Agüero was not banned ...

The Coach of Atlético, Aguirre was banned.

Because of a misbehavior against §5. He was to emotional after he saw all the dives from the French player!

For me it is quite harsh to punish him like this, but we don't what happened. But this fine doesn't matter a lot ... compared to the stadium ban!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Harsh on the Liverpool fans travelling to the game who had everything booked already. Well done UEFA :rollani:
This is a scandal ...

The police was one big reason which caused this problems now. The same police which will be there when we play in Barcelona, Valencia or wherever ... THIS IS A BAD JOKE!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
It seems that the delegate of UEFA said the game was fine and there were no incidents, the referee of the match also did not say anything on the score sheet.

VERY VERY VERY STRANGE ...

BTW. All started to come up after the appeal of the losing side OM ... who started to blame Atlético in front of the UEFA.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
REDS EXPRESS CONCERNS OVER UEFA MOVE
Paul Eaton 14 October 2008

Liverpool have written to UEFA to express their strong concerns over the timing of the decision to move next week's Champions League game against Atletico away from Madrid.
"To say the decision is a bit late in the day, is to put it mildly," said chief executive Rick Parry.

"We have 3,000 fans going to the game and we are extremely concerned for our supporters, the vast majority of whom have already made travel arrangements.

"If the match is played at least 300 kilometres from Madrid, it will cause major disruption, inconvenience and large additional expense for our fans.

"UEFA have to take their needs into account when making a final decision on the game."
Liverpool is right!

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
The decision is severe and the majority of the supporters are going to pay for a small part of the population.
The decision of UEFA to suspend the stadium because of the assaults of the police against us are at first sight severe. But can be have they information that we have not. As for example (I suppose) that the leaders of your club asked of them even to the police to charge us?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The "leaders"of our club are not interested in you fans or the police.

This is no area51 story ... So please stop even saying such things ...

YOUR fans behaved wrong ...
Not the Atlético ones ...

THE POLICE behaved wrong ...

So why the **** are the fans of Atlético AND Liverpool punished by the UEFA?!

This makes no sense ... If you want to punish a club, go and punish OM because of their fans!

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
This makes no sense ... If you want to punish a club, go and punish OM because of their fans!

And we made what?
Are funny you you say I. You turn(return) the problem, as if it was us the culprits.
You believe seriously that UEFA with everything reports in hand sanctioned you without reason? You really believe that if the people of Marseille had made something bad, we wouldn't have had something?

Explain I what we made, go to it because the I am lost. We made clubbed by the police, by the ******* of police Spanish and you would want that we are sanctioned?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Seriously, I can almost swear that the fans didn't make those monkey-chants against Marseille-players during the game. They were probably "Kun, Kun, Kun" and they made it look like "Ugh, ugh, ugh".

Why does Atlético have to be punished when the police can't do their job in a proper way? It's not like it's the fans fault and it certainly shouldn't render in a 3-game ban of el Calderón..

UEFA have screwed over a whole lot of fans, not just Atléticos but the englishmen who were planning on going to Spain.

I think the Red Star-fans showed that they're pretty much corrupt against Milan:

·
I love you Vardan.M
3,180 Posts
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/champions/es/desarrollo/1175061.html

As says it this article, it is not the first time when there were problems with the police. Besides the example I believe to remember that everything had not been joyful with Bolton and Saint-Petersboug.
At the moment, it is not that of the fault of the police, it is that we let them act in any impunities.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
it`s a big problem for the hundreds of Liverpool fans who will be out of pocket having already bought non refundable flights and booked hotels in Madrid.......

EDIt: just noticed it was already mentioned in the thread ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
@kartoch
Sorry, I am not able to understand your first posting!

Abut the 2nd ...

You are right ... the behavior of the police is not good and should be punished.
But the police is ruled by the state of Spain and the City of Madrid AND NOT BY THE FOOTBALL CLUB!

You can not punish a club like Atlético for the bad behavior of OM Fans and the Police.

Thats a bad joke!

About the Kun Kun Kun ... zoric already explained it!

Btw. The Fans are also yelling

FRANCO FRANCO Leeeeeooooo FRANCO ... and it is no problem!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
it`s a big problem for the hundreds of Liverpool fans who will be out of pocket having already bought non refundable flights and booked hotels in Madrid.......

EDIt: just noticed it was already mentioned in the thread ;)
3000 with tickets and X without ...

We are not talking about hundreads!

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
1) If the problem was about the police, what has Atlético to with it?!
Because the issue was in Atletico's stadium, where security is there responsibility. If the police were going to take a no nonsense approach and Atleti know this or anticipate this, they should have made measures. You could have employed your own stewards or something.

2) If the problem was with the fans of OM, than Om should be banned and not Atlético
Again the problem was not started by Marseille fans, it was one where the police acted over agressively and used force when it was not essential or even required. I like Atleti as a club, but the treatment of the OM fans from the police was beyond disgusting. They could have told the Marseille fans to take the banner off, or take it off themselves. Instead they just started battoning and attacking people, without justification. Again this punishment is as much for Atleti's negligence as it is for the actinos of the police.

3) If Atlético missed to do everything which was planned for the security reasons, than YES the club must be fined. But why the **** one week in front of a game?!
Are the fans of Liverpool or the Fans from Atlético like we Germans not relevant?!
We already booked hotels, flights, take vacation, etc.

WHAT THE **** IS THE UEFA THINKING WHO THEY ARE!!!

What a shame ..

Btw. Plaitini is french, isn't he?!
Marseille is from France, isn't it?!
Atleti did to an extent mess up security though, did they not. But I do agree, the bullshit from UEFA to release this a week before the game is disgusting. What have they been doing all two weeks, it is disgusting for fans and again horrible. What makes the decision worse is the ruling it has to be 300km from Madrid. Could they not just say, don't do it in the Calderon. It would make it a bit easier for fans atleast. Yes Platini is a *************

1 - 20 of 108 Posts