Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does your vote go to the Great Brazilian legend and warrior Zico,The outstanding german hitman Oliver Bierhoff,The influential captain Bertotto or anyone else you desire.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i don't know why but i'd like to mention captain Calori and Fabio Rossitto.
Fabio Rossitto because his the last friulano who played for Udinese and...btw both are legends for Udinese.
I'm "too young" for remember the players of the past. I can talk only about the players i know.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Oliver Bierhoff! :)

Oh, Fausto Pizzi too.. even the likes of Milan and Juventus used to be afraid when he lined up one of his long shots.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about stefano desideri he was a gun with a shot to put fear into anyone,I watched him at Roma and Inter and I've missed him since.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Bierhoff definitely

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
why only Bierhoff? ...Bierhoff Poggi and Amoroso... il trio delle meraviglie !!!!!!

And Walem...and Fiore...and Giannichedda...and Locatelli... omg there are too many:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Zico - it has to be, remember his 'battles' with Platini of Juve in the '80s.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
ABEL BALBO!!! Even if he played for Roma..but I forgive him. :D

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Balbo = legend!!!
I loved to watch him play!

Scored more than 20 goals a season in the early 90's for l'udinese before joining us.
Daje Abel!

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I can't believe people are mentioning Bierhoff. He was special no doubt but best ever? :googly:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
This is a complete no-brainer unless someone attaches some personal sentiment to the question.

Zico is among the five best midfield playmakers in history probably, and he is the reason I knew of the city Udine when I was 5 years old. He was MASTERFUL!

....and anyone who would even THINK of mentioning Bierhoff in the same sentence as Zico ought to be tied to a chair and made to watch hours and hours of video of the great Brazilian.

On second thought - that sounds like a punishment.... watching Zico is a delight. You wouldn't want to leave the chair anyway.

... and for the record - I think Udinese have several players who are greater, or at least have the potential to be greater than Bierhoff. He was the right man at the right time for Udinese and had one truly important NT game, but is not and was never a GREAT football player.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Glen summed it up brilliantly :thmbup:

My vote goes to Zico :proud: my first idol in football and still my favourite player ever :star:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nicely said Glen :thmbup: ,Maybe who haven't seen the great Brazilian midfielder play should.I certainly haven't but know enough that he was outstanding.

·
Registered
46,413 Posts
Arianna said:
i don't know why but i'd like to mention captain Calori and Fabio Rossitto.
The Udinese of Zaccheroni with Amoroso, Bierhoff, Poggi, Jorgensen, Giannichedda, Bachini, Helveg...

...Emam :howler:

The best player of Udinese in the 80s (...and ever) was Zico but Udinese had other great players: Edinho, Causio, Massimo Mauro, Virdis...

Yet, don't forget that Zico remained at Udinese less than 2 seasons... enough to be considered the best but not enough to be considered the MOST INFLUENTIAL player.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
ToniSamp said:
The Udinese of Zaccheroni with Amoroso, Bierhoff, Poggi, Jorgensen, Giannichedda, Bachini, Helveg...
and Turci, Caniato, Frezzolini, Gargo, Genoux, Walem, Pineda, Navas, Zanchi, D'Ignazio, Bia, Orlando, Cappioli, Locatelli, Appiah. Have i forgot somone?:D
...Emam :howler:
the best:D:howler:

Yet, don't forget that Zico remained at Udinese less than 2 seasons... enough to be considered the best but not enough to be considered the MOST INFLUENTIAL player.
...indeed :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
ToniSamp said:
The best player of Udinese in the 80s (...and ever) was Zico but Udinese had other great players: Edinho, Causio, Massimo Mauro, Virdis...

Good points.
But that is so often a dilemma, isn't it? By this reasoning - Platini might not be our most influential ever compared to legends who stayed at Juve for years and years. Yet - I still think he stands out as the greatest for sure.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts