Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma play Udinese at the Friuli on Sunday morning without il Capitano, Mexes, De Rossi, Perrotta and Panucci. Cufre will be available, and I believe he played for Argentina today. Udinese may choose from a full squad, though Lippi has called Di Michele, Iaquinta and Pinzi for Wed's friendly vs. Iceland, so hopefully they'll be nice and tired out ;) .
Not a lot to say here other than it's going to be tough. It would have been difficult with Totti, but without him, it's almost impossible. Maybe we can find some space behind that kind of average defense, but their midfield and attack shine so hard. Should be a pretty good match to watch. Below is Gazzetta's early projected lineups:

UDINESE 3-5-2
1 De Sanctis
4 Bertotto
2 Kroldrup
19 Felipe
7 Zenoni
13 Pinzi
8 Pizarro
18 Muntari
6 Jankulovski
9 Iaquinta
17 Di Michele

A disposizione
24 Handanovic
77 Belleri
20 Sensini
21 Pazienza
23 Mauri
10 Di Natale
11 Fava

Allenatore Spalletti
Indisponibili
Cribari (rottura legamento crociato, 3 mesi e mezzo).

Squalificati
Nessuno

Diffidati
Mauri, Iaquinta, Pizarro, Pazienza, Zenoni

ROMA 4-4-2
1 Curci
19 Scurto
8 Ferrari
31 Dellas
13 Chivu
30 Mancini
15 Dacourt
23 Aquilani
25 Cufré
9 Montella
18 Cassano

A disposizione
12 Zotti
3 Xavier
28 Virga
37 Marsili
11 Corvia
36 Freddi
35 Simonetta

Allenatore Conti
Indisponibili
Cerci (frattura quinto metatarso piede destro, 60 giorni), Pelizzoli (fascite plantare, 7 giorni) e Tommasi (riabilitazione dopo intervento ginocchio destro, 40 giorni).
Squalificati
Mexes (fino al 4 aprile), De Rossi (1), Perrotta, Totti, Panucci
:scared:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
i have no expectation at all.. i know we are going to lose.. i just want to watch some pleasure with Chivu as our capitano..

it will be a crime if that brat called Cassano wears the band again..

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Indeed I also expect a loss. Although the defence is at least strong.

My team for the match

Curci
Ferrari Dellas Chivu
Mancini Marsili Dacourt Aquilani Cufre
Cassano Montella

Zotti; Scurto, Xavier, Freddi, Virga, Corvia, Simonetta.

Prediction: Udinese 2-1 Roma - Iaquinta, Di Michele; Montella.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
well no expectations at all without (totti, mexes, pannucci, de rossi, perrota) but it will nice to see wot Roma can do without these men. On the other hand, Udinese is going well and is in a great touch.
Off topic:-
how many games is totti banned for?

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Lippi has called Di Michele, Iaquinta and Pinzi for Wed's friendly vs. Iceland, so hopefully they'll be nice and tired out
and Kroldrup, Muntari, Pizarro, Jankulovski, Handanovic, De Sanctis, Goitom...will be tired too ...

We'll lose.

Totti are more than 6 years that doesn't play in stadio Friuli. Every time he's banned:wth:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Thought about going to the game, but with that many suspended players plus Roma on a horrible losing streak, i rather stay home and probably not even listen to it on radio.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Apparently it takes more than a giant hole in the leg to stop Cufre, he started for the Argies against Bolivia over the weeked :strong:

Principe, great avatar, Abel was something else. :star:

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
who is gonna be in the midfield???? yet again the midfield looks like crap i would play a 3-4-3 only because our midfield seems unproven especially since we are bringing in a youth team player in the middle with dacourt which doesnt look good...

--------curci--------

ferrari--------dellas----------chivu----

------dacourt-------aquilani-----------

macnini----------------------cufre----

---corvia---------------cassano------
------------montella------------------

if we clog up the middle then they have to use the wings meaning cufre would step up and take the ball away or mancini and ferrari are on the right...which is kinda scary :rollani: but if we were to play a 4 man defence then push cufre as left back and chivu in the centre with dellas....i dunno i just think we should play safe but also attack the heck out of them ;)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I think we will win...something good from Aquilani hopefully...Chivu will lead.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
3-4-3 would be total suicide....we dont have an option except 4-4-2

------------------- curci -------------------
scurto ------ chivu ------- dellas ------- cufre
mancini ----- aquilani ---- dacourt ----- virga (according to rai)
------------ cassano ---- montella ----------

·
Registered
805 Posts
i believe virga is a right sided winger, and playing a youngster with no real solid experience (you can argue vs villareal, and samp) out of position is suicide....other than that, i'm willing to give him a go since mancini has been so poor. virga has shone at the primavera level, but then again so many of the others did as well...so i'm cautiously hopeful.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
The CONI has announced that all Serie A and B games will be rescheduled as a sign of respect for Pope John Paul II.
There had already been rumours that the matches would be halted if His Holiness lost his fight for life over the weekend, but calls to stop now proved stronger.

It is believed that the Serie A encounters will be rescheduled for Wednesday April 20, moving the planned Coppa Italia ties forward by one week to accomodate them.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 - 20 of 90 Posts