·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
match preview: udinese - milan...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/udi-mil.html

==============

San Siro duo sidelined Wednesday 21 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan Pippo Inzaghi and Alvaro Recoba of Inter will take no part in Week 31 because of injury.

The Italian (pictured) has been suffering with an ankle problem and he has been ruled out of the game against Udinese.

Whispers around Milanello also suggest that he may not recover in time for the potential crucial match against Roma a week later.

Inzaghi will be desperate to regain full fitness seeing as the European Championships are on the horizon.

channel4

===============

Cafu fears Friuli double Wednesday 21 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese are the only Serie A side to have beaten Milan this season and Marcos Cafu warns they could repeat the trick at the Stadio Friuli this Sunday.

�¦Udinese are fighting to get into the UEFA Cup places,? noted the Brazilian, �¦and are playing great football. It will be a very special and difficult match for us.?

The Rossoneri remain unbeaten on their travels and have only lost one match throughout the entire campaign – a 2-1 home defeat to Luciano Spalletti?s men before Christmas.

�¦We won?t go to the Friuli in search of revenge,? assured the winger. �¦We will step on to that field to perform well and take all three points.?

Carlo Ancelotti?s side is close to its first Scudetto under this Coach, but have struggled to hit top form in the last few weeks.

�¦We made mistakes in two or three games, but that doesn?t mean we are in a crisis. It just shows that on that particular night our opponents were better and we must admit that.?

Cafu was referring to the 4-0 thrashing by Deportivo La Coruna in their shock Champions? League exit.

Pippo Inzaghi and Giuseppe Pancaro have been ruled out of Sunday?s trip with injuries, but Jon Dahl Tomasson returns to the squad.

�¦We cannot blame fitness worries every time we don?t get a victory,? continued the World Cup winner. �¦This will be a decisive month for us and the entire squad will give 100 per cent.?

Milan?s record away to Udinese is relatively balanced with nine wins, 14 draws and five defeats.

The most recent setback was last season when David Pizarro?s penalty ensured the home side emerged with a 1-0 victory.

channel4

===============

Ancelotti can taste the Scudetto Wednesday 21 April, 2004

The derby draw gives Milan an eight-point lead over Roma and Carlo Ancelotti admits the title is within reach.

�gThe result of the Derby della Capitale is certainly positive for us,” he said after the 1-1 draw at the Olimpico.

�gNow the finish line is even closer. However, it would be a terrible mistake to get distracted now as nothing is signed, sealed and delivered yet.�h

The decider looks set to be the head to head clash between Milan and Roma at the San Siro on May 2, although the Rossoneri will face a tricky trip to Udinese this Sunday.

�gThe psychological impact of this result on Milan is certainly a good one,�h added Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

�gI just spoke to Andriy Shevchenko on the phone and he said that if we win at Udine then the Scudetto is ours.�h

Udinese are the only team in Serie A this season able to get the better of the leaders with a 2-1 victory before Christmas.

�gAn eight-point gap with four games to go is a great advantage,�h he confessed, �gbut obviously we cannot say anything until we are mathematically certain to take the title.�h

The real extent of the lead had been up in the air for a month, as the original Rome derby was abandoned on March 21.

�gFor weeks now we have been unclear on exactly how much of an advantage we had, but now we know it�fs a lot more reassuring.�h

�gWe need five more points to be sure of the Scudetto,�h concluded Galliani, �gso we�fd best start by picking up three on Sunday afternoon.�h

channel4

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
A huge game. May be teh last huge game of teh year, if you ask me. I f we win we will have 8pts with 3 games left and 1st of those three against Roma -> 90% a title.

If we lose -> down to 5 pts, cut down teh moral, doubts, fear we might choke, and a game against Roma.

Lazio - Roma game was good to see and be drawn. No question. Roma penalty was laughable, but the draw was just I guess. 8 pts now, is more than healthy. In theory we can lose the next two and still have 2 pts adv with two easy to come. Of course, it will put us in a nigtmare mode!

Udinese is big and huge. We shoudl at leats be able to draw, keep a 6 pnt advantage before teh BIG game with Roma and feel more comfortable on top.

Its so close! :cool:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
oh well ,since the scudetto is yours :)rollani: and don't say "No is not" because is it),can u give us this 3 points?
We need them for the last place in Uefa.
You don't really need them...
The draw for us is useless (because Samp will win agains Modena i guess)... so....if you can give us this 3 points....:rolleyes:

...but you will not give us them ... so we will take them with our forces:groan:
(yes we are without Pinzi,Pazienza,Muntari and maybe also Pizarro but could be recovered...so i wonder who will play :rolleyes: ....we will win with the benchers:D :D :D :howler: :howler: :howler: )

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
this should be a gritty game...i expect udinese to really test us and try and sneak something....

but i feel sheva has something special in store this game

Milan to win 1-2 with a sheva brace.

·
Registered
158 Posts
www.acmilan.com

TOGNACCINI: 'The team has astonished us'
22 April 2004 10:59

MILAN - Chief of fitness trainers, Daniele Tognaccini, commented on Tuesday's Milan Lab tests and said: 'Ninety per cent of the team have recorded the best performances ever. It was a great professional satisfaction for our staff yesterday. At a certain point, we could not believe our eyes and thought that the measuring instruments were not working well. In fact, everything was perfectly calibrated. I can serenely admit that we were all astonished here at Milan.'
Manuel Rui Costa was particularly euphoric ('I beat all my previous records in the last two seasons'), but Andriy Shevchenko as well said he did 'really well'.
Tognaccini went on: 'In the 30-metre sprints there was only one player running in more than four seconds, the rest were below that time. And it must be clear that to run 30 metres in 4 seconds is an extraordinary time.

--------------------

great news for the game! :strong:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The derby draw gives Milan an eight-point lead over Roma and Carlo Ancelotti
admits the title is within reach.

“The result of the Derby della Capitale is certainly positive for us,” he said
after the 1-1 draw at the Olimpico.

“Now the finish line is even closer. However, it would be a terrible mistake to
get distracted now as nothing is signed, sealed and delivered yet.”

The decider looks set to be the head to head clash between Milan and Roma at the
San Siro on May 2, although the Rossoneri will face a tricky trip to Udinese
this Sunday.

“The psychological impact of this result on Milan is certainly a good one,”
added Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

“I just spoke to Andriy Shevchenko on the phone and he said that if we win at
Udine then the Scudetto is ours.”

Udinese are the only team in Serie A this season able to get the better of the
leaders with a 2-1 victory before Christmas.

“An eight-point gap with four games to go is a great advantage,” he confessed,
“but obviously we cannot say anything until we are mathematically certain to
take the title.”

The real extent of the lead had been up in the air for a month, as the original
Rome derby was abandoned on March 21.

“For weeks now we have been unclear on exactly how much of an advantage we had,
but now we know it’s a lot more reassuring.”

“We need five more points to be sure of the Scudetto,” concluded Galliani, “so
we’d best start by picking up three on Sunday afternoon.”

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seedorf: The Scudetto is ours Saturday 24 April, 2004

Milan need another five points to be mathematically certain of the title, but Clarence Seedorf has already placed the champagne on ice.

“I am never worried by the results of other teams,” he assured. “We must be absolutely convinced that the Scudetto is ours.”

The 1-1 draw in the Rome derby midweek left the Rossoneri eight points clear at the top and Milan would be crowned Champions on Sunday if they win at Udinese and Roma fail to beat Empoli.

“There is a certain tension surrounding the squad right now, but it is a positive emotion as we are nearing a moment of great joy and satisfaction.”

The Dutchman has not yet won a Serie A title, but has already experienced this triumph in Spain and Holland.

“In Italy there were at least six teams who could aim for the Scudetto this season,” he explained, “and the eventual winner is always the deserving one because this tests your consistency. In a Cup competition one moment can change everything.”

This has been one of his best ever seasons on a personal level and the former Inter man admits he is maturing.

“Every year I improve and I think I can still get better in the future. I feel more complete now and can feel my potential as a player is being realised at last.”

channel4

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Arianna said:
Laudrup, where are you?:D
Are you ready for use my Udin/Martin avatar?:D :D :D
It's not going to happen baby, Udinese'll win, believe me. :depress:

I'll take comfort seeing you with a Milan avatar (Tomasson). :happy:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I expect a win.
The report from the physical department is amazing, though it might be a trick to strnghten the players' morale. Hpefully works.

Still, I want us to win the scudetto at home vs. Roma. :devil:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
van said:
Still, I want us to win the scudetto at home vs. Roma. :devil:
I would still love it if we win tomorrow and Roma draw 0-0 with Empoli at home. Then we can field an extremely attacking starting lineup (Serginho as a left back, Rui Costa, Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Pirlo, Cafu) and either we thrash them 6-0 and it becomes history, or we lose 0-2 and we still win the Scudetto. Delicious, either way!
(I just hope I'm not dreaming with my eyes open!)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
GOALKEEPERS: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori.

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Laursen, Maldini, Nesta, Simic.

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho.

FORWARDS: Borriello, Shevchenko, Tomasson.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ancelotti taking his time Sunday 25 April, 2004

Carlo Ancelotti doesn’t think the Scudetto party will be today and fears his men might be distracted by news from Roma’s game.

“I don’t feel that I am preparing for an important day,” said the Milan boss, “and I doubt the title will be decided this weekend.”

The Rossoneri will be crowned Champions if they beat Udinese away and Roma fail to get all three points against Empoli.

“The head to head clash at the San Siro next Sunday will be the crucial moment. This is why I don’t fear that my players will step on to the field against Udinese with the risk of being distracted by news coming from Palermo.”

Roma’s game will be played at the Stadio Renzo Barbera due to a two-match ban on the Olimpico.

This is far from an easy test for the League leaders, as Udinese are the only side to have beaten them in Serie A this season with a 2-1 win at the San Siro.

“Last year we allowed them to put pressure on us in midfield,” noted Ancelotti of the 1-0 defeat here last season. “As for December’s result, that was affected by our Intercontinental Cup trip to Japan.”

Jon Dahl Tomasson returns to the squad and is expected to start alongside Kaka’ and Andriy Shevchenko, but there are three stars missing.

“Giuseppe Pancaro will be sidelined for two weeks with an inflamed tendon,” explained the Coach. “Pippo Inzaghi should be ready to take on Roma, while Kakha Kaladze is resting to be 100 per cent fit for next Sunday’s showdown.”

channel4

1 - 20 of 57 Posts