Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hugely awaited game at Udine. The local team, after a string of defeats, are approaching this game hopefully, mainly thanks to the taumaturgical virtues of Santa Lazio, who, already in some previous matches managed to lay their miraculous hands on the opponents and resurrect them simply by screaming "rise up and win!".

On the other hand, it's not that Lazio can do that trick evry time, and moreover, the same Eagles theirselves are going through bad times, that materialised not only in bad results but also in injuries to important players such as Foggia, Pandev, Kolarov and (latest news) De Silvestri, still in doubt for the game at the Friuli. The good news is that probably Lichtsteiner and Siviglia could come back.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, accoding to the latest from gazzetta.it, Lichsteiner and pandev are still in doubt, while De Silvestri and Kolarov are out (together with Brocchi who is banned). Siviglia, Rozehnal and Zàrate are all one yellow card from ban.

Anyway, gazzetta.it line up is:

Carrizo

Diakité
Rozehnal
Cribari
Radu

Dabo
Ledesma
Meghni

Mauri

Zàrate
Rocchi

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The line-up reported now which I reckon will play unless someone gets injured in the warm-up is rather weird. Belleri and Del Nero are reported to start. The good news is that Firmani, Manfredini and Mauri will not start. I have no idea why Meghni is not even on the bench or why we are playing such a slow CB pairing against one of the most mobile strike forces in Serie A. I have a bad feeling about this game. Whenever we have played against a team in crisis which must win we have always lost this season.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The line up is

Carrizo

Belleri
Diakité
Cribari
Radu

Lichtsteiner
Dabo
Ledesma
Dal Nero

Rocchi
Zàrate

Yellow shirts, by the way...

Di Natale scored, 1-0

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quagliarella made it 2-0 on a counterattack and few minutes later Carrizo saved on a Quagliarella shot from close range.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I hate it when I am right about us sucking. :(
No idea what happened to Rozenhal but our defence is like a bunch clowns without him and with Lichtsteiner in midfield. And why in the name of all that's good and pure did we have everyody past the halfway line in the bloody fifteenth minute (which sure enough resulted in a goal for Udinese)? With more than 60% possession, we still don't have a shot on target. Very depressing stuff. Our only hope is Foggia, Pandev or Meghni coming on so that we can create something.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, two counterattacks and two goals from Udinese (Quagliarella's assist to Di Natale, and Di Natale's assist to Quagliarella, of course), who coulod have scored again but Carrizo saved. The rest is Lazio fruitless ball possession, our best chance was a Rocchi's header at minute 44. Before that, only corner kicks and offsides.
Best Lazio player so far: Lichtsteiner.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
This is getting ridiculous. Come on Rossi, get some fire into your players!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Best Lazio player so far: Lichtsteiner.
Make that the only player who looks like he is trying to do his job.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Meghni gifts the ball, a counter starts and then Carrizo gifts Di Natale a goal. Christmas has coem early for Udinese.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pandev shot saved by handanovic and then Zàrate tapped in. 3-1

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Amazing comeback. :dazed:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right. And what would be an Udinese-Lazio without a goal from Ledesma? :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Funny story - I decided I have had enough of this torture, stopped watching and as a result we got an unlikely draw. ;) So I don't have much to add except the usual mantra of "why don't we start playing that way?". Too bad we play rubentus next, this much needed morale could be for naught if they beat us.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
what a game and comeback from Lazio!....very impressed by the fighting spirit of the team...
The defense, however, is extremely pathetic at the moment....more than a playmaker, Lazio needs a reliable CB...someone like Lugano..otherwise, they won't do anything in Europe (if they qualify, that is)

Pandev, Zarate, Foggia and Lichts were the best players

1 - 20 of 34 Posts