1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Goran Pandev could not play since he is one yeallow card from being banned, and there's the derby after the Udinese game, so Delio Rossi is seriously thinking about leaving him on the bench. Luciano Zauri is back on track, but he too could be rested for the derby. All in all, looks like the team have already set their minds on the derby.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, with the way Radu is playing, Zauri might easily be benched although this would be rather bad since he is the captain. Maybe we could play him as RB and keep De Silvestri fresh for the derby, being the only one to come up from the youth team surely he is dyong to do well in that particular game.
And channel 4 strikes again - "The acquisition of Rolando Bianchi from Manchester City in January has inspired Dellio Rossi to try an exhilarating 4-3-1-2 system"

We have been using this system for a year and a half now, actually since the home game agaisnt exactly Udinese last autumn which we won 5-0.

And Daniel Radu? I thought his name was Stefan. :D

The games agaisnt Udinese usually are very exciting and they are one of the teams we beat most often. But we suck away from home and despite Udinese's slump we might well lose, it will be the first real test of our new defence.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
De Silvestri too will be banned as soon as he gets a yellow card, so Rossi may not be fielding him against Udinese. And Behrami has a light injury and could miss tomorrow's game. It's the same old story, Rossi plans a line-up on early in the week, then he has to change it in midweek and then he has to field a completely new one on match day.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, we can still play Radu-Siviglia-Cribari-Rozenhal/Zauri. Behrami is needed but with the derby a few days away, I guess Mudingayi can replace him. If only Mutarelli was not injured so much this season...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I don't think Zauri will be available Saturday. And I don't think we're really in the position to rest players for the risk of suspensions...that's luxury thinking. I can understand resting Pandev since he has fitness issues, but De Silvestri should play. Too bad if he gets suspended for the derby, but there will be many more coming...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
According to gazzetta.it:

Lazio 4-3-3 :eek:

32 Ballotta

85 Behrami - 13 Siviglia - 25 Cribari - 2 Radu

26 Mudingayi - 24 Ledesma - 28 Manfredini

21 Vignaroli - 9 Bianchi - 18 Rocchi

On the bench:
1 Muslera
29 De Silvestri
7 Rozenhal
3 Kolarov
6 Dabo
23 Meghni
19 Pandev

Coach: Rossi

Not available:
Zauri, Mutarelli, Del Nero, Firmani

diffidati
De Silvestri, Pandev

--------
I would be somewhat surprised if Rossi really fielded gazzetta's line-up,
I rather go for a 4-3-1-2 with Meghni instead of Vignaroli, and perhaps Dabo for Mudingayi.
Ah, and Mauri has not been called up. It seems that his father said something not very pleasant towards Rossi, but the player totally disagreed with his father and said he hopes to remain at Lazio in the future.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Gazzetta had predicted rather different line-up mere hours ago, you can't trust this too much. Playing Manfredini and Vignaroli will be just stupid, why not play Meghni who is for once fit and is actually a playmaker? And Dabo who has been superb lately, at least for 60 or so minutes?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Igli Tare is not even mentioned in gazzetta.it. Aye, Meghni is finally fit and I am curious to see him play for the whole game.
Kaf, I think that De Silvestri (Roman and Laziale) would chain himself to the bench in Udine to play the derby. And let's hope that he will not play with handbrake on, if tomorrow he plays.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I don't see us playing that 4-3-3 either. It's just too unbalanced and there's no reason to leave out Dabo when he's playing as well as he has been doing lately.

Hopefully our boys aren't entirely set for the Derby yet and will be able to do something at Udine.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Behrami will be playing as RB, Dabo, Pandev and De Silvestri on the bench and Manfredini in midfield, Meghni is the trequartista, thankfully gazzetta dello sport got it wrong in their prediction for Vignaroli.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We started very brightly, although the goal was rather lucky. After it we play more cautiously but still looked the better team. I think we shoudl have pressed our advantage and tried to kill off the game with a second goal early on. Rocchi has been the best thus far, apart frm very well taken goal he comes back, he steals balls, he combines with his teammates well. Meghni is so-so but had some glimpses of form, looks tired, though.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Thank goodness I finally found a working stream and saw the last 20 or so minutes of the second half, it was quite extraordinary, so eventful that I don't know whether I should be annoyed we didn't get the three points or happy we won one. First a screamer from Ledesma than a well taken Di Natale goal and then two incredible misses by Udinese players. Our defence was absolutely appalling in the final minutes, probably a lot of that was due to Radu coming off for Kolarov but Cribari was too made to look like a fool twice in the final minutes, maybe it's tiem to try out Rozenhal. I really hope Radu somehow recovers for the derby because if we play like that in defence we will be destroyed. Ballotta also probably could have done more to save their second goal. Also, as mentioned, we should have pressed our early advantage and not go to halftime break leading by just a goal. Well, in the end a point away to Udinese is not that bad.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
I'd say we're fortunate to have gained a point, as Udinese came very close to getting the victory near the end. Although it were our own mistakes at the back that provided them the opportunity.

Still, we played pretty well up to a point. We seem to have found some more consistency and have regained our confidence. With the derby up next that will be of vital importance.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Thank goodness I finally found a working stream and saw the last 20 or so minutes of the second half, it was quite extraordinary, so eventful that I don't know whether I should be annoyed we didn't get the three points or happy we won one. First a screamer from Ledesma than a well taken Di Natale goal and then two incredible misses by Udinese players. Our defence was absolutely appalling in the final minutes, probably a lot of that was due to Radu coming off for Kolarov but Cribari was too made to look like a fool twice in the final minutes, maybe it's tiem to try out Rozenhal. I really hope Radu somehow recovers for the derby because if we play like that in defence we will be destroyed. Ballotta also probably could have done more to save their second goal. Also, as mentioned, we should have pressed our early advantage and not go to halftime break leading by just a goal. Well, in the end a point away to Udinese is not that bad.
Disagree about Ballotta...that was a good finish from Di Natale, would have taken a huge save to deny that. In fact, Ballotta did make a huge save in the situation where Siviglia was down and Udinese beat the offside trap.

Kolarov did play like a fool a couple of times, going central and leaving Pepe open. I don't know what the hell he was thinking. But still I think our defensive problems were more due to Udinese bringing Floro Flores in for a defender and after that matching our defense man to man. I almost screamed at the tv in order to get Rossi put Dabo to the defense. Thank gods we didn't concede another, it was pure idiocy to play that four-man defense in the final 15 minutes. Udinese have the skill to create things out of nothing in the final third, in a game like this we should have brought more cover down. Especially since Cribari was dribbled past so easily. Aside from the two you mentioned, Quagliarella went easily past him a minute before Ledesma's goal.

Other negatives: Manfredini, of course. Man was he out of this...at one point I counted six consecutive decisions he got wrong, two of them resulting in their counter attacks. Bianchi once again disappointed me, and I'm starting to be convinced that with those millions we can get a way better player. Or re-sign Pandev to a better deal, and spend the rest on another striker.

Then to the positives: a point from Udinese after them missing a golden opportunity in the added time is ok. Rocchi was a machine, battled for 90 minutes and got a goal and an assist. Ledesma got the stunning goal, and he was good overall. And finally, this was a fantastically entertaining game!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts