Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Udinese are reportedly set to pursue their interest in San Lorenzo midfielder Leandro Romagnoli, with the player having recovered from a troublesome knee injury.
San Lorenzo club president, Alberto Guil, claims the Serie A side have been observing the player with a view to making a bid in July.

''We know the Italians have sent some scouts to Argentina to see Romagnoli,'' said Guil.

''They are waiting for the right moment to hire him. We expect to receive an offer from them in the next few months, so then we can begin negotiations.

''If the talks end in a positive way then the player would be transferred to Udinese in July.''

However, if the Italian club are to proceed with any deal, Guil is likely to insist on an increased transfer fee.

''When we received the first offer for Romagnoli , we asked for $600,000, but now we don't know what we would accept.

''The player is more mature and has greater experience of playing in the First Division.

''But we are very open to negotiations with the Italians because they have waited a long time.''

:cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Udinese find new Pizarro Sunday 4 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese transfer guru PierPaolo Marino has confirmed that a new Argentine starlet is the replacement for Juventus-bound David Pizarro.

“Leandro Romagnoli is a player that is certainly of interest to us,” revealed the director general.

“We are only waiting for the right moment to complete the deal, and that will be when we sell Pizarro.”

The 23-year-old creative midfielder is already a hero with his club San Lorenzo and is set to be the latest in a long line of South American starlets discovered by Udinese’s network of talent scouts.

Pizarro was far from a household name when he was snapped up by the Friuli outfit in 1999, but fine performances in Serie A have earned him interest from the likes of Inter and Real Madrid.

The Chilean was frozen out of the squad in December for refusing to extend his contract, but even after putting pen to paper made it clear he would be moving on at the end of this season.

“I have much to thank Udinese for,” he revealed in a recent interview, “but I feel ready for a big club. I know of Juve’s interest in me and it would be the ideal step.”

channel4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts