Xtratime Community banner

Udinese for CL

574 views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Arianna 
#1 ·
Now that Udinese a on par with Inter, can they pick up 4th spot allowing the "real" bianconeri to reach a CL spot?;)

#3 ·
Re: Re: Udinese for CL

Deka said:
As opposed to who? I know you dont mean Juventus who have reached the CL as serie A champs the past 2 years.
On "real" bianconeri, Arianna will tell you.

4th spot would be instead of Inter or Lazio or Parma, cause Juve will finish either 1st, 2nd or 3rd

#5 ·
Arianna said:
no, we can't, our objective for the season is don't be relegated:rolleyes: :D
We can't think to Champions League because if we start to think to these things we will begin to having distractions and to lose...
Well. just don't think about it, but do it ;)

#8 ·
Diavolo said:
Keep hope alive;)
sincerely i don't care about CL:eek: .... cuz i saw Celta and Real Sociedad this year what a disaster are on LaLiga... Celta is near to be relegated, and i don't want to be relegated next year:D :D

And also i think that this summer Pizarro and Janku will leave the team...so with wich players we can play in CL?:D
with the babies Muntari (1984) ,Felipe(1984), Ashamoa(1985...), Goitom(1984)???:rolleyes:

But i think also that will be nice to se Udin in CL...so people can uncovered my team and maybe we can have also fans outside of Friuli....

#9 ·
Re: Re: Udinese for CL

Deka said:
As opposed to who? I know you dont mean Juventus who have reached the CL as serie A champs the past 2 years.
Deka may I remind you Juve were dressed in pretty pink a la ballarina as their original colours.

Proof of Juves stealing started from the day they stole Notts Counties colours. :groan:

#14 ·
Arianna said:
We can't think to Champions League because if we start to think to these things we will begin to having distractions and to lose...
I don't agree with that, just look at what happened to Blackburn. Greame Souness said at the start of the season 'our main objective is not to be relegated'.

Yeah, great morale boost he gave the players when we finished 6th!

Now look at us. We are in a relegation battle and some of that is down to mentality from the boss.

The higher you aim. The more belief the players have in themselves which leads to success.

#15 ·
Firenze said:
I don't agree with that, just look at what happened to Blackburn. Greame Souness said at the start of the season 'our main objective is not to be relegated'.

Yeah, great morale boost he gave the players when we finished 6th!

Now look at us. We are in a relegation battle and some of that is down to mentality from the boss.

The higher you aim. The more belief the players have in themselves which leads to success.

i wrote that because every time that we have one great objective something happen and we fail it! ...our players are strange:rolleyes:

#17 ·
Re: Re: Re: Udinese for CL

GaGa said:
Deka may I remind you Juve were dressed in pretty pink a la ballarina as their original colours.

Proof of Juves stealing started from the day they stole Notts Counties colours. :groan:
Gaga I guess I have to educate you on a little Juve history before you go on with your unfounded accusations....

For some years Juventus founders wore pink shirts - the same ones they wore when they started in 1900. The change to the black and white colours was made in 1903 after a wrong shipment was sent from England where the new strip was to be made.

Juventus.com club history

And who should feel worse, Juve with their "pink a al ballarina" kit, or those other more masculin uniformed teams we have been beating all these years?

#18 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Udinese for CL

Deka said:
Gaga I guess I have to educate you on a little Juve history before you go on with your unfounded accusations....

For some years Juventus founders wore pink shirts - the same ones they wore when they started in 1900. The change to the black and white colours was made in 1903 after a wrong shipment was sent from England where the new strip was to be made.

Juventus.com club history

And who should feel worse, Juve with their "pink a al ballarina" kit, or those other more masculin uniformed teams we have been beating all these years?
They say that but how do we know that? ;) :tongue: :D

#19 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Udinese for CL

GaGa said:
They say that but how do we know that? ;) :tongue: :D
How do you know the colors were stolen? Anyway believe what you want, cause I cant exactly produce the order or shipping documents, and I will believe what I want because I dont think you can produce any proof they were stole either.

#20 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Udinese for CL

Deka said:
How do you know the colors were stolen? Anyway believe what you want, cause I cant exactly produce the order or shipping documents, and I will believe what I want because I dont think you can produce any proof they were stole either.
I didn't say they stole it in the sense you mean... The colours were originally from Notts County right? So why did they decide to adopt these new colours they could have asked to get a new batch deliveried of the pink jersey's?

What I think happened is they realized how ridicules pink was and liked the Notts County kit and so they decided to adopt it as their colours. I call that stealing since it is an infrigement on another teams colours. It's like Mercedes taking the Ferrari red and saying we like it so we will from now on use it. This was how I was implying the stealing part of my comments in my post. Ofcourse your entitled to put the arguement anyway you want to comfort you but they did adopt colours that were not theirs to begin with and took on another teams colours.

There are many clubs that are Bianconero but they all have it as their colour as it's the colour of the city/town/etc.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Arianna
sincerely i don't care about CL:eek: .... cuz i saw Celta and Real Sociedad this year what a disaster are on LaLiga... Celta is near to be relegated, and i don't want to be relegated next year:D :D
Are you serious that you don't want to play Champions League? Or sarcastic? I couldn't think of anything better for a club like Udinese. Prizemoney, international coverage and recognition, a sense of pride and satisfaction within the club and fans. Plus, the UEFA song is really inpsiring.

:D

#22 ·
The Shev said:
Are you serious that you don't want to play Champions League? Or sarcastic? I couldn't think of anything better for a club like Udinese. Prizemoney, international coverage and recognition, a sense of pride and satisfaction within the club and fans. Plus, the UEFA song is really inpsiring.

:D
of course i was sarcastic:D ...
but still i don't believe in CL....we can't go in CL ...:rolleyes:

#23 ·
Spalletti shrugs off Euro dreams

Udinese are just four points adrift of the Champions’ League places, but Luciano Spalletti pours cold water on their ambition.

“There are examples of sides like Verona and even earlier incarnations of Udinese who were in Europe one season and nearly relegated the next,” warns the Coach.

“We absolutely must not lose our sense of perspective and let ourselves go. There are many dangers and anything can happen in Serie A.”

One such obstacle is the trip to Empoli – a side currently third from bottom, but that has already taken points off Juventus and Inter.

“This certainly will not be an easy match,” said the former Empoli Coach. “They have an excellent team spirit, while pacey players like Antonio Di Natale and Tommaso Rocchi are always ready to pounce.”

Udinese fans are still dreaming of European glory after catching the mighty Inter on 36 points.

“We must keep the right attitude and I realise it is the hard work of the players who got us here,” concluded Spalletti.

“But don’t forget that it’s easier for Sampdoria to make up the six points to reach us than for Udinese to take four points off Lazio.”

...our coach is so smart :heart:

#24 ·
I don't think that Udinese can fight for a CL place yet. They have to bad defence for that. But the midfield is IMO one of the best in Serie A. A lot of talents and great players.

#25 ·
Professor X said:
I don't think that Udinese can fight for a CL place yet. They have to bad defence for that. But the midfield is IMO one of the best in Serie A. A lot of talents and great players.
to bad defence?:eek: No true! Is Nestor who sometimes ruins all:D like the last match against Empoli...he got 4 in all papers!:D

:depress: poor Nestor :depress:

#26 ·
Professor X said:
Can I ask- when will Udinese be able to fight for the Champions league? Do you think they're on their way upstairs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.