Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Udinese v Fiorentina​

Well, lets all forget Italy v Spain for just one moment and concentrate on the fact that Sampdoria are one point behind Udinese. Udinese, the forgotten club are 6th in the table, astonishginly only two points behind Milan. This means that Sampdoria could still battle their way into the top four. No mistakes are allowed here as they haven't lost in the past six games and even more ironically, they were the team that put an end to our unbeaten start, coinsiding with the tragedy of Mr Prandelli which saw us edge away from the title challenge.

From the look of our past six games, we win and lose every other game and guess what? It's our turn to lose. With Alessandro Gamberini, Martin Jorgensen and Franco Semioli out with injuries, it won't help the fact that Mutu and Liverani are suspended. :wallbang:

S.Frey, despite not being fully fit will edge ahead of Avramov, which is a shame, considering his performance against Lazio last Saturday. Udinese still have Gyan and Zapata injured which will help us not concede and to score respectively.

They're still quite mean looking:

Udinese 3-4-3: Handanovic; Coda, Felipe, Lukovic; Mesto, Inler, D’Agostino, Dossena; Pepe, Quagliarella, Di Natale

...and we are still weak at right back and forever in midfield. With Osvaldo covering at Left Forward, we are weaker still.

Fiorentina 4-3-3: Frey; Ujfalusi, Kroldrup, Dainelli, Pasqual; Kuzmanovic, Donadel, Montolivo; Santana, Pazzini, Osvaldo

·
Registered
639 Posts
Preview from Channel4:

Serie A Week 31

Udinese - Fiorentina
Stadio Friuli

Fiorentina need a win as they meet in-form Udinese at the Stadio Friuli in Week 31. The Viola are in fourth place and are clearly aiming for Champions League qualification, while the Bianconeri are two positions behind hoping to win a place in the UEFA Cup.

Last week’s round was positive for both teams. The Tuscans were successful against Lazio, while the Friulani comfortably beat Livorno. Last year’s corresponding tie ended 1-0 in favour of the locals, while in Week 12 Fiorentina suffered a 2-1 home defeat. This will be the perfect chance for them to take revenge.

The Bianconeri are flying high and should have no problems in qualifying for Europe. However, Sampdoria are just one point behind which means the Zebrette cannot really afford any slip-ups. “We are in really good shape,” said boss Pasquale Marino. “This game against Fiorentina will be fundamental for us.”

The Viola are looking to manage their four-point advantage over Milan, but things could get complicated in the coming weeks given the imminent UEFA Cup quarter-finals. “It will be difficult to win in Udine and we will be missing Adrian Mutu and Fabio Liverani,” noted Coach Cesare Prandelli.

Udinese are one of Serie A’s most entertaining sides thanks to Marino’s attacking mentality. The Bianconeri will play with a 3-4-3 system and their boss should name an unchanged formation this week. Cristian Zapata and Asamoah Gyan are still out injured.

Andrea Coda could be preferred in defence to Tomas Zapotocny. Giandomenico Mesto and Andrea Dossena will play wide on the flanks. The locals’ trident should be formed by Toto Di Natale, Simone Pepe and Fabio Quagliarella.

Prandelli isn’t afraid of Marino’s tactics and should line-up with a 4-3-3 formation. However, there is bad news for the Viola. The injuries of Alessandro Gamberini, Martin Jorgensen and Franco Semioli are added to by the suspensions of Mutu and Liverani.

Sebastien Frey should take the gloves despite not being 100 per cent fit. Per Kroldrup may start in defence, while one from Manuel Pasqual and Massimo Gobbi should cover the left-back role. Pablo Osvaldo will replace Mutu in attack.

Keep an eye on: Giampaolo Pazzini (Fiorentina) – The former Atalanta striker scored the winner against Lazio last Saturday. Pazzo is still hoping to convince Italy boss Roberto Donadoni to take him to Euro ’08.
I always consider Udinese a dangerous threat, and this season they really are. The injuries and suspensions also don't help matters. I'm hoping for a close win, also to get revenge against them in the first meeting.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Double post :mute:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Don't tell me that we won't be able to rape this 3-4-3 they do play. They aren't bad team, and there is no way I would ever underestimate them, but we simply have to win here. In case of a lose, the gap between us and them would dangerously decrase, not considering the threat of Milan and Sampdoria.

I believe Semioli and Jorgensen will be ready for at least some part of the match, even if form of the first one after being weeks out is unknown.

Is it Osvaldo, who is going to be the match winner? :hopefull:

·
Registered
717 Posts
After looking the probable line-up, I think we have chances to win. Even without Gambo, Mutu, Liverani and Jorg, we still have a good team. I really think Osvaldo is an dangerous player for them, Santana aswell. Kuzmanovic is playing really god football, and Monto and Donadel are just great. We'll win.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
tough game, although i do relish a rotation in the striking system. I want Osvaldo to hit form

·
Registered
307 Posts
What in the hell has gotten into Vieri??!?!?? He's all over the pitch!

HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT....HE PLAYS ON THE RIGHT......BOBO VIERI MAKES UDI LOOK SHITE!!!!!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
BOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VIERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Mister Prandelli is definately the best tactician in Seria A.

Salute...

Forza Viola!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Our defending has been horrific starting with the Genoa match. Yeah, we won that match, but Frey saved us many many times.

Gamberini, come back soon. Please.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts