Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Champions league spot clashes go on, this weekend we play away at Udinese while Roma has Lecce at home and Genoa faces Lazio. We're going to miss heart of our midfield, both Montolivo and Felipe Melo can't play.

Will we see Pasqual and Vargas both starting for the very first time?
I would go once again with 4-4-1-1, in this lienup:

....................... Frey
... Comotto, Dainelli, Gamberini, Pasqual
. Semioli, Donadel, Jorgensen, Kuz (Vargas)
...................... Jovetic
..................... Gilardino

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I'd put Kuz on the right (or put Jorgi there and put Kuz in the middle) and have Vargas on the left.

Semioli to the bench, until Bonazzoli comes on, and being useless but occassionally crossing the ball in becomes a priority.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
You really need to send some presents to our players, especially if you make the CL next year. ;)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
You really need to send some presents to our players, especially if you make the CL next year. ;)
2 weeks in row :proud:, it's just amazing :thumbsup:
We have to play from heart to claim spot we deserve :cool:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were as bad as we could, and the silly ref didn't helped neither. Let's hope next week we'll do better...

·
Registered
717 Posts
To me, what I saw today is an image of what the team has done in this whole season. I think we all agree with the statement that our team has been very inconsistent. We have three or four points in which we are week without some players. Melo and Mutu, along with Gila, are our most important players. I don't speak about Frey cause he is something else, he's the goalkeeper and to me he is one of the best ones of the world. Mutu is our star, he can win matches alone and Melo is kind of a clock in the midfield. We even miss Montolivo, who, to me, has proved this year that he's an overrated player, despite a couple of good games, curiously one against Udinese, where he scored a brace. Back with our critical problems. We can't play against good teams without Melo and Mutu. Gila is a great striker but he can't work alone. Now, our biggest problems are in the bench. I mean, Almiron should play in serie C (I don't think I'm exagerating), Semioli is a mediocre player, and the same with Kuzmanovic. I love having young and promising players, but that is all that they are: just promising players. I'm talking about Jovetic and Kuzmanovic, for example. Then, we have Zauri, who should play in Chievo or some team like that. My point is that we don't deserve to be in CL this season. Genoa is having a great season and I think, against all my feelings, they should be in CL. I have been saying this last three years that we need a center back, and all that I see are bs rumours about Subotic or some just decent players like him. We need to make more investments like we did with Gila, who is a mature player. I'm starting to get bored about our promising players, about Dainelli, Almiron and Semioli. Please, I'm hoping Corvino takes this more seriously cause I'm feelin he's letting our team down.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You cant say that we dont deserve to be in CL.We were playing this yers in CL and playing in two strong competitions is difficult for us.You will see where Genova will be next yera if thay play CL.Also I can say that Italian Federation is against us this year.5 bans for Melo is somthing that never happend before.3 bans for Gilla because of one mistake of the referu also.Goal against Juve,and goal from offside with Lecce.Also Mutu miss a lot of games this season.The bad thing now is that maybe the most key players Melo and Mutu are without us in same time.Especially in the time whan the fight is strong for 4th place

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Im not suprised with our lost....Everytime we play Udinese, more than a draw will be a bonus. They are like our Bogey team.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saturday will be deciding though. We better win in order to keep ourself in CL spot fight and hurt Roma's hopes. I still beleive there is a chance that Genoa would choke in comming rounds.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I guess reserve judgement until the match with Roma. If they really want CL then they gotta sort themselves out sharp.

Gotta say though at the moment Genoa would deserve the place. They've been pretty consistent and played some nice football whereas we blow hot and cold non-stop.

I appreciate Prandelli and Corvino and what they are saying about all the progress and 4th place finishes so far. But its hard when the majority of those 4th places were taken away and we've only had one actual CL run.

Hopefully it all comes together though. Nice win over Roma, hammer Toro at home and dont lose a single match till season end. Top it off with a nice win in the San Siro. Beckham own goal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts