Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

WISLA KRAKOW vs FC BARCELONA
Stadion Wisly (Krakow, Poland) - 16100 seats |Tue, Aug 26 | 20:45

After the 4-0 victory in Barcelona, this game has no story and it could be seen as a preparation game for the debut in La Liga. Perhaps Guardiola will choose to give some minutes to some players that won't enjoy them much during the season.

At the end, we just hope there's no injuries in this game.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why is the media assuming that Yaya is back up? IMHO i'd always take Yaya over keita, and i think the only reason keita has been starting over yaya is because he's probably in better shape at the moment, seeing as Yaya had surgery earlier in the summer. Stupid media crap, god i hate them!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I can see how Guardiola is starting to choose his favourites and, for any reason, Yaya is not one of them. Besides, IIRC, he appeared in one of these lists of transferible players. BTW, this also goes for Bojan. I remember how Pep ignored him in the first game, choosing Pedrito to be in the first XI, relegating Bojan to the bench and he didn't even appear to play some minutes when the game was solved. I don't see Guardiola counting on Bojan and it worries me a bit.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I don't know if it's one of Pep's tactics to motivate and push players as he did with Eto'o or what? But honestly this can fire back right in our face, maybe not in Yaya's case who's patient and willing to take a seat back for someone else just for the sake of good results but I doubt that with Bojan who's young and looking for a breakout year, so he might lose faith in Pep and his plans.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
I don't think we know yet who's a starter and who's a backup. As far as I know Pep may opt to play both Keita and Toure and Xavi as an attacking midfielder staying upfront (and Iniesta as LW or Xavi's backup). It's premature to say that Toure will be Keita's backup.

It's too soon to judge Bojan's role too. There were many "strange" lineups in the preseason and we won't see what are the elected eleven until la liga starts.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Well, I can see how Guardiola is starting to choose his favourites and, for any reason, Yaya is not one of them. Besides, IIRC, he appeared in one of these lists of transferible players. BTW, this also goes for Bojan. I remember how Pep ignored him in the first game, choosing Pedrito to be in the first XI, relegating Bojan to the bench and he didn't even appear to play some minutes when the game was solved. I don't see Guardiola counting on Bojan and it worries me a bit.
Yes, and in that case Yaya would have moved.

It worries me too that he doesn't play Bojan over a Pedrito or a Jeffren. Bojan isn't your traditional wide player, but IMO he has the talent to play that role as well as a Pedrito or Jeffren.

But honestly this can fire back right in our face, maybe not in Yaya's case who's patient and willing to take a seat back for someone else just for the sake of good results.
I'd be careful there. He had a reputation in France and if this were to continue for an extended period of time I could see him leaving or looking to leave. What a mistake that would be.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I'd be careful there. He had a reputation in France and if this were to continue for an extended period of time I could see him leaving or looking to leave. What a mistake that would be.
Yea, I hope not mate, this guy has played his heart out for us since coming in. He's a true Cule at heart and I hope we keep him for years to come.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Yea, I hope not mate, this guy has played his heart out for us since coming in. He's a true Cule at heart and I hope we keep him for years to come.
Well I don't know that he's a "true Cule", but what a lot of people on this forum either forget or don't know is that he played injured for a good stretch last season.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Yaya's the better and more talented footballer, I think that's pretty clear. I think Pep prefers Keita because he's the more mobile player, he covers more ground and is more dynamic.
I dunno. Keita IMO was better last season (playing for Sevilla). Having either Yaya or Keita as a backup is great though. Only the African Nations thing is peeing me off. I guess we'll have Xavi playing DMC :rollani:

About this match since Barca won the first leg 4-0 then some youngsters and/or backups should be given a run out:

I'd have this line-up

Bojan-Henry-Pedro
Xavi Gudjohnsen
Touré
Cáceres-Puyol-Piqué-Alves
Valdés

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Good line-up Youngie i will just change Valdes with Pinto..

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I dunno. Keita IMO was better last season (playing for Sevilla). Having either Yaya or Keita as a backup is great though. Only the African Nations thing is peeing me off. I guess we'll have Xavi playing DMC :rollani:

About this match since Barca won the first leg 4-0 then some youngsters and/or backups should be given a run out:

I'd have this line-up

Bojan-Henry-Pedro
Xavi Gudjohnsen
Touré
Cáceres-Puyol-Piqué-Alves
Valdés
I would sit Xavi and give Iniesta the start if we're going with "backups". Also, Hleb should play so he can continue to adapt and hopefully build some confidence. I'd start Sylvinho over Caceres and put Caceres in for Dani. Why start Dani when he's coming back and you don't need him? Sadly we don't have a backup RB otherwise we could sit Puyol and start Pique-Caceres in the middle.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts