Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

FC BARCELONA vs CHELSEA FC
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Tue, Apr 28 | 20:45 (CET)

A decisive week in front of us. This Tuesday we face Chelsea at home in the semifinals of the Champions League. Pep Guardiola has all the players ready to play this game (Milito, as known exception), so he will be able to field the best possible XI.

The bad news is that we had a tough game this weekend (also the next), while Hiddink could rest some of his key players last Saturday. In any case, this can not be an excuse: these are the seminfinals of the Champions League.

Barcelona must only be loyal to ourselves. The team need to show the best image in order to get a positive result, which would be great, not only for the CL, but also to reinforce our confidence before the decisive clash in the Bernabeu next weekend.

VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I hope we prove to everyone that we can handle english teams. I just want to shut the English media and those english pundits up. Pep and the boys will be ready. It'll be a very hard game. It'll be interesting to see how we handle their physical style. They won't give us any time on the ball and they'll probably pressure us all over the pitch like valencia did yesterday. anyways should be interesting.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hey guys do you feel any pressure ? Is the air thin around barcelona now ?
piss off. you would love to be in our position right now fighting for three trophies. go mastubate to the madrid forum about your win and we'll see you at the SB and we'll prove to everyone why we are the best team in la liga.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Oh boy... Hiddink and Chelsea to snatch a draw at Camp Nou and Real Madrid to break your hearts at the Bernabeu.

What a week this is going to be.

Getting a little hot and tough to breathe, isn't it? Pep's decisive week. No doubt about it.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
This is THE week where we'll know where we stand. 3 huge games that will determine if we're going to finish with any silverware (copa excluded). I hope Pep really puts an emphasis on the unique chance we have to make history. We have to give EVERYTHING this week and I'm confident we can do it.

VISCA EL BARÇA

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, calm down. This week only the CL semis will be decided... well, if we win or draw in Madrid, La Liga too, but it'll be because we'll have it in our pocket and this is what the players must keep in mind. In fact, this is a more decisive week for Madrid. For them, it's nothing or keep praying for something (which is not "something").

We must be glad to be where we are. Enjoy Barça!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Or win everything... exciting stuff. I believe!
I must admit; great time to be a Barca fan. All or nothing. If you get anything other than a win against Chelsea, you will lose this weekend. I have no doubt about that.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must admit; great time to be a Barca fan. All or nothing. If you get anything other than a win against Chelsea, you will lose this weekend. I have no doubt about that.
El Clásico belong to a different order of things. Barça will go to the Bernabeu as a final that we have to win, but "win" means anything that it's not losing. Definitely, the pressure is not on us. We still have credit to spend, we can still drop points and we'll continue having the lead. Yes, with more pressure on us, but then you have to go to Valencia and Villarreal. Madrid will play 3 of the last 4 games far from the Bernabeu.

Seriously, that point in Mestalla was gold, even if it looks the opposite.

About the Chelsea game. It's the CL, we have the talent, now we just need the luck to be in our side too, as we had it 3 years ago.

Everyone say that this week is decisive. I think that every game until the end will be decisive... but so will be for the rest, isn't it?

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW, Belletti :proud: and Deco return to the Camp Nou. It's not the time to make any kind of tribute, but they belong to one of the most brilliant pages of our history. I'm sure the Camp Nou will treat them as they deserve.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Legends, for sure. Pep & Hiddink will make this totally opposite of the unfair off-pitch war that was happening past years.

The Mestalla point is important because the 2 game margin is still 2 game margin. Also, it is important if we lose more than 3 goals difference @ Bernabeu.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
This game needs 100% concentration from the players. No one can start tying up their laces, whilst the game is being played. English clubs don't give up or stop for little things. None of your players can go down as Pepe did against Liverpool, and hope that Chelsea will stop playing or the ref will give you a freekick.

Chelsea will play a pressing game. They'll hope you make mistakes, and then they'll punish you. The two games are going to be as much about mental strength as it's going to be about talent. I hope Barca can handle it.

1 - 20 of 468 Posts