Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs CHELSEA FC
Stamford Bridge | Wed, May 6th | 20:45 (CET)

After a magical night in Madrid we now look forward to another magical night in London. Can the team give us another amazing night to remember?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
I just hope for another amazing night... bring on Chelski.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I don't care what happens as long as we go through.

This team can beat any team, anywhere. In style at that, that much is certain.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Man, if we somehow manage to go through the final this is gonna be the sweetest week ever.

C'mon lads one last effort. Make us proud :proud:

VISCA EL BARÇA

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Emotions and euphoria on one side, the team needs to play a heroic and perfect game against the Londoners. The good news is that Pep have given the players a day off and they will resume training on Monday, I am not worried about the players fatigue anymore because breaking the record yesterday against the scum will lift their spirits really high. The players need to keep their feet on the ground even if it sounds really hard to achieve for them to progress. Missing Puyi and Marquez is going to be a headache, but with Pique in the back he will be able to silence anyone (I see a future captain in him). I predict the line up to be:

-------------Valdes-----------
Alves--Pique---Abidal--Sylvinho
------------Toure-------------
-------Xavi--------Iniesta-----
Messi-------Eto'o----Henry----

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
You better beat these ****ers, I can't stand them, money alone has got them to the semi, or else they would have been playing UEFA Cup. Lucky *****.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I hope we will be able to neutralize Chelsea's aerial game, we conceded twice against Madrid from a cross and a set piece. It is the same warnings from the first game, try not to concede, do not make fouls near or around the penalty area and scoring the 1st goal will be a mountain for Chelski to climb and will serve as a massive blow. I am certain that the players will be fired up for this one, but let's hope they do not commit any stupid mistakes and can keep possession and pressure the player with the ball. I fancy our chances in making it into the final, anything but a loss and a goal less draw will get us into Rome.

On a personal level, I really hope that we beat them and make it into the final because I am sick of listening to the same crap over and over again "The EPL is the strongest and best league in the world". Enough with all that stereotypes and I am hoping that come this Wednesday Barca will set the record straight.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Before the first leg of the semi-final, there was talk of Chelsea's strength on set pieces, but their tactics didn't allow them to exploit that. It'll likely be a bigger threat at Stamford Bridge. I expect Chelsea to still maintain some of that "safety first" approach, but applying more pressure higher up the pitch, their midfield possibly playing several yards further up and the back four to do the same. From their perspective that would be a better tactic to play against Barca, especially with this makeshift backline.

I still have a feeling that you'll go through on away goals. Whatever happens best of luck on Wednesday.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Yes, milito12, I think accumulated yellows don't count for the Final anymore. It's only fair, tbh. Something as irrelevant as a yellow card should never prevent someone from taking part in a historic event. Remember Nedved's yellow that eliminated him from the Old Trafford final, what a shame that was.

------------

As far as this match goes, I'll start thinking about it tomorrow or on Tuesday. I need more time to enjoy El Clasico. :proud:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Now i can't wait for this match....

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
At least, mentally, we'll reach this game in the best moment. With La Liga in our pocket already, the players must realize that they're a step far from another historical final. The atmosphere doesn't scare me at all, since there's nothing more hostile than the Bernabeu.

I hope that we're clinical in the right moments, just as we were in Madrid. We won't have so much space, but I believe in this team. Let's be ready to suffer, we can do it.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Im sure Henry will be ready =).

1 - 20 of 885 Posts