Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can we say, we are pretty much out already and only a win can give us a small chance. We can as well start thinking about how to improve here next season.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Lol i’m about to get into a plane so can’t watch this one

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
We are playing well, but ATM makes most games quite ugly...
Diaz looks lively again like he did at the start of the season.
Think Ibra for Giroud would be a good sub

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
We play good, with really good pressing and movement. But the final passes have overall been woeful and often going to noone .
With Diaz being the major culprit. Oh, man! How many times has he wasted those final balls? Atleti were there for the taking, especially the first 20mins. They seem nervous, gifting us the ball numerous times in the final third, front of their 18 yards. But we chose to waste it by those woeful passes. And why does Diaz feel compelled to always take an extra touch?

·
Scudetto
23,997 Posts
While we are decent, we miss that final spark from Ibra, Leao or Rebic.

It almost feels though that Atletico are playing like this on purpose, and can turn it on any time they want.

·
Scudetto
23,997 Posts
With Diaz being the major culprit. Oh, man! How many times has he wasted those final balls? Atleti were there for the taking, especially the first 20mins. They seem nervous, gifting us the ball numerous times in the final third, front of their 18 yards. But we chose to waste it by those woeful passes. And why does Diaz feel compelled to always take an extra touch?
Just like Bennacer before him, Covid effect.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
While we are decent, we miss that final spark from Ibra, Leao or Rebic.

It almost feels though that Atletico are playing like this on purpose, and can turn it on any time they want.
Exactly. At a point I was thinking "surely Atleti can't be this "easy" at the Wanda"? Then I remember we also totally dominated them and were crushing them at San Siro before the red card.

But yeah, they can turn it on any time.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Great win also thanks to ATM for playing so defensively. Great character by the team. Junior Messias is a real threat. Leao on the left and Messias on the right would be really good.
Anyway, we deserve qualification much more than ATM also considering how the first match went. But Porto on the other hand were better than us over the 2 games.

·
Scudetto
23,997 Posts
What a win. Truly deserved. An incredible feeling after so, so long 😭

I'm so happy to see Messias played well and before he scored I kept telling myself "Finally an alternative to stand in for Leao, Rebic or Alexis". The goal topped it off, what a story!

That said, Atletico are a very interesting side. I have never seen a team so personified by its manager. It's like Simeone had his soul in 11 men. Whoever plays for him, especially attackers (and they have many), would either totally buy in into his game or are secretly frustrated.

Today they clearly played for the 0-0 but were punished. It also shows we could have easily taken the first leg as well if not for the red. Kessie redeemed himself with the assist.

Now we need to beat a nothing to play for Liverpool. Totally not an outrageous task but need to hope Porto and Atletico draw.

What a win, FORZA MILAN

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Messi-as doubters who finally get to watch him play a full length.
Must be the best goal of his career. Amazing journey for him.

·
Scudetto
23,997 Posts
Also, if anything, this win should fire up the team for Serie A even more.

Remaining fixtures to close the year

Sassuolo
Genoa (A)
Salernitana
Liverpool
Udinese (A)
Napoli
Empoli (A)

Napoli will he without Osimhen and will play Lazio and Atalanta during the same period while Inter also have it relatively easy but play away to Roma.

·
Scudetto
23,997 Posts
Something that goes unnoticed in these games is how good the referee was. I thought that was refreshing.

He was the same ref that ruled out Kessie's goal vs Man Utd last year though!

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Whoaaaa what a resukt

1 - 20 of 32 Posts