Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're facing Chelsea FC from the EPL in the last 8 of this competition, game to take place in Lisbon where the stadium is expected to be sold out.
I'm sure our fans will show up tomorrow to give our players support.

No one other than Garay is hurt for this match so we're looking pretty good

Starting Lineup:

Artur
Maxi-Luisao-Jardel-Emerson
Javi-Witsel
Gaitan-Aimar-Bruno_Cesar
Cardozo​

·
Culé y Benfiquista
261 Posts
Killa, when I said I would rather face Chelsea than Barça or Madrid, you disagreed. Did you happen to see the Tottenham/Chelsea match this weekend? Chelsea reverted to its old ways. I tell you, the great game they had against Napoli was based mainly on pure emotion. We won't be seeing that side tomorrow.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Killa, when I said I would rather face Chelsea than Barça or Madrid, you disagreed. Did you happen to see the Tottenham/Chelsea match this weekend? Chelsea reverted to its old ways. I tell you, the great game they had against Napoli was based mainly on pure emotion. We won't be seeing that side tomorrow.
My concern with Chelsea is that they are pretty much healthy. While Bosingwa is a concern, being able to mix and match Gary Cahill/David Luiz with John Terry makes the middle of the defense pretty solid. Essien is not who he used to be; but he gives them another option in midfield (Which is good since Meireles has been off). Lampard is always a dangerous man within 25 yards.

Benfica has to hope the prior form of not being able to score returns. Will be interesting to see if they try and press SLB's midfield.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind recall saying it but don't know why, if I said that then it's because I'd rather just get a good pay day against Barca or Real and be out of the UCL since we have very little change of winning and focus on the Portuguese league.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Good luck today guys! Quietly optimistic that you can win this tie, but this first leg at home will be crucial. Need a win here, no matter whether it's a 1-0 or 4-3.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Yeah, we have to score, their starting 11 isn't the best, has Torres scored recently?
He scored a brace against...Leicester City. :D

I am very surprised with Chelsea's starting line-up. It almost looks like they are resting players for the EPL game next weekend. :eek:

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He scored a brace against...Leicester City. :D

I am very surprised with Chelsea's starting line-up. It almost looks like they are resting players for the EPL game next weekend. :eek:
Humm.... we'll, we thank them looking forward to the weekend.

match up to watch, Ramires and Meireles vs Javi and Witsel in the midfield, this should be very interesting.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
im not watching it, just following it over the radio, but it sounds as if Emerson is having one of his usually poor performances :palm:

yellow card for Meireles now

and Cardozo almost scores!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Ramirez is making Emerson look silly.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts