Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal
Barcelona
Chelsea
Fenerbahce
Liverpool/Inter
Roma
Schalke

Who are you hoping for in the draw then?

NB. Could a moderator please add a public poll to this thread with these options, Cheers.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I personally think it's high time we returned to the Nou Camp.

We haven't been there since that legendary treble season where we drew 3-3 in a incredibly group stage game with Barca and then returned to win the thing there in the final.

The other game in that group between us and Barca actually ended in a 3-3 draw aswell. :D Enjoy the goals;

[tub]qbD6LHarSxo[/tub]

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I have been browsing the other forums and everyone is scared shitless of facing Manchester United. :D With good reason to be :D

I want Roma, their chin is weak. :D

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I personally think it's high time we returned to the Nou Camp.

We haven't been there since that legendary treble season where we drew 3-3 in a incredibly group stage game with Barca and then returned to win the thing there in the final.

The other game in that group between us and Barca actually ended in a 3-3 draw aswell. :D Enjoy the goals;

[tub]qbD6LHarSxo[/tub]
Good times, Yorke and Cole giving their defenders twisted blood. Lets hope Rooney and Tevez can do the same.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been browsing the other forums and everyone is scared shitless of facing Manchester United. :D

Lets really make them cack their pants.
I'd usually try to be modest and play us down but we really do look quite strong everywhere, especially in defence. I don't see a better partnership around than Rio/Vidic. If they remain fit we have a massive chance as keeping things tight at the back will be vital.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd like Inter but they arent going to make it past liverpool

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Obviously you want to go for a lesser team which at the moment you would presume Fener or Schalke - But I honestly think that this team sometimes have a tendancy to go to sleep against lesser sides and are 'more up for it' against big sides.

Remember 99 - we had a tough run to the final which ensure we were always fully attentive to the tie; I'm going for Barca too. If we get beat, so be it ... but im confident we can beat them, especially with no messi for 6 weeks; now is the time.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I want Barcelona, either in the quarters or semis

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I don't care who we get. We're the best team in the competition.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Looking at the teams left, we have a major chance this time around. But the only team in it I'm truly worried about is also the team I prefer to play at some stage (be it next round, semis or in the final)... IF we win it. Barca.

It doesn't feel like a true EUROPEAN Cup campaign without at least beating one of the truly big clubs outside of the English sides.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
What draw?

Didn't Arsenal win it the other day?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts