Discussion Starter #1
Big game this tuesday, we got major problems anyway, here goes:

- No Del Piero, muscular pull, he cant run it in 2 days. :scared:
- No Nedved, Suspension. :glasses:
- Zlatan in shit form. :doh:
- Campbell returned? :lala:
- Arsenal's game today x p.mouth got delayed, they got enuf rest for us
hopefully Mutu plays his game well, and same for Trez. :stress:

on the good side though that Buffon + Canna + Thuram regained their great form, should give henry a bad time. :nasty:

also Chiellini was good defensively tonight vs roma, he should perform if played.

Forza Juve, 1-1 draw in the library would suit us great to proceed to the semis of our desired trophy.

btw is there any arse injuries on?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
this is our team most likely..........

...............Lehmann
Eboue....Kolo.....Senderos..Flamini
...................Gilberto
Hleb..........Fabregas......Reyes/Pires
........................Ljungberg
.................Henry

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Juve is going down
European referees dont take brides from Moggi

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
What do I think might happen? Let's just say this won't be Arsenal's last European game at Highbury. 2-0 to the Gooners, 3-0 if Zlatan starts.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
this is our team most likely..........

...............Lehmann
Eboue....Kolo.....Senderos..Flamini
...................Gilberto
Hleb..........Fabregas......Reyes/Pires
........................Ljungberg
.................Henry
No a single doubt in my mind or Wenger s about Reyes in the starting 11.

He ll have Juves backline in his pocket

·
63,337 Posts
Alter Ego said:
No a single doubt in my mind or Wenger s about Reyes in the starting 11.
if fully fit then you are right, but if him and Ljungberg are still a little bit off then he can't afford to play both from the start.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if fully fit then you are right, but if him and Ljungberg are still a little bit off then he can't afford to play both from the start.

wasnt that the scenario before the Madrid match in the Bernabeau, La Perla will be ready :cool:

·
va' fancul
1,899 Posts
I dunno, I could make some serious cash and bet against Juve for both legs. This Juve team is just soo overhyped that money must be made:D

Seriously this team has no offense. Goals are few and far-between and in CL you must score to advance. Arsenal's defence is not going to let in any easy goals while Juve are hoping that they can get the best from their set piece opportunities like they did against Roma.

If Arsenal's backline don't commit mistakes (I'm not talking about being flawless I'm talking about capable defending) then Juve will really struggle.

The best Juve fans can hope for is a draw, preferably nil-nil which would help them greatly in the home leg. There are never gaurantee's, but what I will gaurantee is that this will be a very tricky game and we'll finally see if Capello has the ability to take on English football.

·
Registered
42,630 Posts
Juventus will win.

Everyone and their dog thought Real would win, we were shit, they were hot, we won...

Now most people seem to be backing an Arsenal victory, Juve are shit, Arsenal are good, Juve can't create shit, they have important absentees...

So, yes, Juve will win.

·
63,337 Posts
ILA said:
Juventus will win.

Everyone and their dog thought Real would win, we were shit, they were hot, we won...

Now most people seem to be backing an Arsenal victory, Juve are shit, Arsenal are good, Juve can't create shit, they have important absentees...

So, yes, Juve will win.

interesting take on things.....;)

so the players have very little to do with it, the game is mostly decided by current Xtra-time opinion? :)

·
Registered
42,630 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
so the players have very little to do with it, the game is mostly decided by current Xtra-time opinion? :)
no, but opinion does shape my feeling, or mood going into a match.

I get a bad feeling when people make presumptions. especially when they express confidence in our chances. i don't like it one bit.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
on current form alone, it seems arsenal has the edge. I really dont know what the fuk is going on with the players and the team in general at juve.

no del piero is a huge blow as zlatan cant find form and he is the only player who seems to create something.

a draw would be excellent for juve, 0-0 wouldnt be good as an away goal, or possibly more seems to be a big advantage these days.

however, on current form it must be said that Arsenal should win this game. They are rested and are in good form, juve look tired and seem flat as my 7th grade maths teachers chest. Believe me that is flat!

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
one player can't play an important role. the game is all about tactics. the team with superior tactics will make their game work and thus every player will be a key player.

if juve wins the midfield battle, then naturally trez will get hi-fi support and he wont be needing an awful lot of chances to score a goal. to me it will all come down to the midfield. though i don't think that juve can physically battle us out of the game as that requires a fast tempo game as well which they cant play unlike the Premiership teams but even if they do then we can always try playing Diaby in the second leg.

but still with Nedved and Del Piero (almost) out, juve's creative skills are almost nil. they will try to play a tight game and would push us for a mistake or so. chances will definetly come for us. if only we keep our focus in the defence line and remain solid we have a super chance of winning the leg.

i think it'll be 1-1.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Juve doesn't need creativity to win matches. They know how to get the crucial goals because they are workmanlike. Creativity or lack of it thereof for Juve is not even a factor in this tie.

Dribble Boy might do something in this tie and surprise a few people!

The Arsenal has the edge to nick the first leg but it may end up as a draw at the end of the day.

1 - 20 of 395 Posts