Xtratime Community banner

UCL: Manchester United - Chelsea (May 21)

3K views 100 replies 52 participants last post by  Bosanac 
#1 ·
UEFA Champions League final
Venue: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow

It is the first ever UEFA Champions league final for Chelsea. Manchester United have participated in the final twice in the past and both times lifted the cup. Their first victory came in 1968 when they won 4 - 1 after extra time against Benfica at Wembley. The second time was a dramatic 2 - 1 win over Bayern at Barcelona's Nou Camp back in 1999.

This season United are undefeated in Champions League while Chelsea had lost once. That came in quarter final first leg away at Fenerbahce.

Teams have met each other three times this season. United won Community Shield after penalty shoot out (normal time ended 1 - 1) and league game at Old Trafford (2 - 0). Chelsea won league game at Stamford Bridge 2 - 1.

All players are free of suspension. Ricardo Carvalho missed league game last Sunday because of an injury and John Terry suffered an injury in that match. So, both of them are doubtful for the upcoming game.

#70 ·
yes, it had nothing to do with the pitch :rollani:

#69 ·
Commiserations folks. Like Bayern in '99 you folks were better too on the day but again luck was on Man U's side. Shit happens although after that great goal saving header, you wouldn't want to wish it on Terry of all people.

The linesmen were clueless btw

#72 ·
Unlucky guys.

I never thought this would happen but I feel gutted for you guys. Not really a compliment as much as just shows my extreme loathing for **** United. Never the less, you guys should be proud of your players and you have a great future as long as you get rid of some of your superfluous crap. However, don't you dare touch Villa. He is Madrid's or Arsenal's. (ok the latter is very unlikely :smileani:)

Once again, you guys should be proud and I have to say I was heart broken when I saw JT miss the spot kick. Can't believe what JT and especially Lampard have had to go through the past year.:moan:

#73 ·
aiiiiiih, what can i say my chelsea friends :pp thats life....when its meant to be, its meant to be, when its not, u hit the post 3 times....

but u know what, somehow am not devestated, why? coz i have been through the hell they call istanbul 2005, that night it felt like someone nicked my life from me, since then to be honest the crulest of penalties i take on the chin fairly ok, but i have to admit tonight was too much...

last penalty kick, captain steps up, its raining, not only he slips, but it hits the bar, 1 inch to the left its in, if he didnt slip its in, and maybe if drogba was on the pitch we would have won it.....

in fact i had a bad feeling when he was sent off, remember france? zidane sent off in the last seconds, trezeguet hits the bar and its gone, same today.....

anyway man utd played a good first half when we were shit, then we played a good 75 mints, the lampard ball into the post was just unbelievable.....so we had good chances, they had theirs, we cancelled each other out 100% so you have to congratulate them as well......

oh and i forgot to tell you, after that istanbul robbery, i lived to see the truly deserving winners of that night lift the cup only 2 years later, and it tasted so sweet, and i guarantee you chelsea will lift it one day, and trust me it will taste so sweet :proud:

thank you John Terry for leadership, lampard for his unbelivable performances, and all the boys i hope u stay, especially drogba and carvalho...

u cant say ballack should take the last one because if we missed in the beginning maybe we wouldnt have been in that position for him to take one at all, so let it rest and be proud of being such deserving winners (nearly) of europe's big prize...

Chelsea will always be forever in our hearts :pp next season we wont finish trophy less thats for sure...

#75 ·
Unlucky Chelsea, a horrible way for any team to lose a game. Chelsea proved tonight what a truely great team they are, there are alot of things i personnally dislike about the club but the heart and ability of your players was there for everyone to see, you should be extremely proud of your players efforts this season despite things not going the way i'm sure you would have hoped.

#76 ·
You should have won..

Good effort though, atleast progress has been made and you got to the finals this year, look at the bright side.

Next time you'll be in the final you will win it.

#81 ·
Commiserations Chelsea fans.

To be honest. I'm not a fan of Chelsea or United. Sometimes I downright despise Chelsea. But tonight, you showed character and played some great football. Really unlucky to hit the woodwork twice. You should all be very proud right now. I'm sure you'll win the CL sometime in the near future, and unless you happen to win it against Milan, you will have thoroughly deserved it.

And I really think United fans should stop with their gloating. I understand that you're happy. But why can't you just be happy for your own club without spreading salt on other fans' wounds? Watching your football team lose in such a manner is one of the most painful experiences ever. It's like part of your heart, your soul is ripped away. And I don't even want to think about what Terry must be feeling now.

Seriously, even if you're not a die-hard fan. You must have some idea what this must be like for Chelsea fans. I find it horrifying that you would rejoice like this at the sight of such devastating human suffering and anguish. Such a lack of basic human compassion is :yuck:

#89 ·
I just wanted to say you guys played a great game. As of the second half it was Chelsea only and you deserved to win this. :thumbsup:
I feel sorry for Terry, he is a great player and you can't blame him for missing.
ManU simply was luckier last night. :mad:
Heads up guys you played a great game!

#90 ·
I'm usually not on this thread but maybe somone wants to see the highlights....

Had no music inspiration, changed video aspect ratio, maybe compressed it a little bit too much and missed to include one big ManU chance.... Apart from that, everything relevant from the match is on the vid:

[tub]LQQXNJcbntg[/tub]

#92 ·
PS Ten Gates siad that Drogs were suppose to take the pen Terry took.
Oh, another reason to hate that irresponsible headless chicken. I'd be happier if he would have missed rather than Terry and I would be over the moon if he wouldn't.

#93 ·
I think we had a great second half...I also felt that Anelka would **** up from the first minute he stepped on the field. :yuck:
Over all performance was great, the gypsies got lucky at the end.

#95 ·
Well, neither did man utd have anything, yes they had possession and the only chances came in the first half, all because of counter attacking. To say that man utd were better on the night, is insane, I would like to believe we were equal, there was no better team on the night. Thanks to a midfielder playing out of possession, we conceded the goal.

#96 ·
Can't believe that happened to us. I feel so bad for JT, he saved us with the goalline clearance in OT but then gave back the favor. Sickening to see Man U win it

Scholes should have been sent off twice in a matter of minutes in the 1st half, he's a retard. and Ronaldo showed no class by not runnng to celebrate with his teammates. He had to cry for all the girls watching on TV :howler: immature prick

#98 ·
I'm really shocked about Joe Cole. He just completely burnt out the last month of the season. Did you guys notice how heavy his legs looked? :moan: I thought that he would prosper on the big stage but he just ran out of gas.

and arguably the greatest striker in European history sat the bench for 120 minutes....yea, that's retarded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.