Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The war is drawing ever closer....we can almost smell a whiff of gunsmoke...just over the next horizon.....

kill them all....accept no quarter:)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah yeah i am Tim:)

feel a bit like the build-up to the final fight in them Sergio Leone Westerns:)

"first come smiles. then comes lies, last is gunfire"

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I reckon it'll come down to who'll actually show up to play. Both teams are capabable of much, but both teams don't always seem to be interested in showing it.

If both are interested this time around, maybe Moricone will have to write the soundtrack afterall. ;)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
balla_basti said:
yeah yeah i am Tim:)

feel a bit like the build-up to the final fight in them Sergio Leone Westerns:)

"first come smiles. then comes lies, last is gunfire"
Reminds me more on The Clash of the Titans. ;)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
balla_basti said:
lol! good one lili!

Yeah ur title "The Clash of the Titans" seems to sum it better. :D

anyone have this game live on TV?
I will watch it. Would prefer the RM match, but our NT station, which is showing CL matches, didn't accept my protests about the choosen match. :frustrat:;)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim said:
I reckon it'll come down to who'll actually show up to play. Both teams are capabable of much, but both teams don't always seem to be interested in showing it.

If both are interested this time around, maybe Moricone will have to write the soundtrack afterall. ;)
Moricone?

U got the first bit right on the button mate. Both teams are exceptional but dont often turn up to play. I mean Bayern have won most matches this season playing poorly. I dont mind. I think thats when Bayern are the most dangerous.

I also know that Bayern are the team that most teams dont want to be drawn against. I also know that Milan is the last team that i wanted to be drawn against :D :rolleyes:

A medlay of permutations now innit? :sweeteye:

Given our record at the Allianz though, id think we were favourites going into the first leg. Milan though seem to have recovered their focus pretty well.

Is Paolo Maldini going to be back for this one?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Milan has an aging defense. Maldini-Nesta-Stam-Cafu. Players with marquee value, but well past there prime. Maldini and Cafu are over 35. They are vulnerable to speedy wing play and fast moving strikers. This was proven last year in the CL when they almost lost to PSV and when they had the biggest collapse in CL history losing to Liverpool after going up 3-0 at halftime.

Bayern have to run, and run like mad. They have to relentlessly pressure the Milan defense. But without compromising their own defense.

Going into the series, Bayern are on a roll while Milan has struggled, although they have picked things up as of late. We lost both games against them a few years ago, so that should provide extra incentive for a victory. Furthermore, we have really improved since then with young fresh legs. Magath has turned Bayern into an organised, disciplined, cohesive fighting unit where everyone likes each other. There is great team unity and atmosphere. Milan appear old and tired, relying more on past reputation. And there is team dissent. There have been callings for Ancelotti's departure, whom management think cannot motivate the team anymore.

But anything can happen. The worst thing is to have overconfidence going in. I give Bayern a 51-49 chance.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lili said:
I will watch it. Would prefer the RM match, but our NT station, which is showing CL matches, didn't accept my protests about the choosen match. :frustrat:;)
I wish we were on opposite boats lili :D

You could watch ur beloved Real live and i could enjoy myself with a taste of live Bayern action. As it is the fates have conspired against us :undecide:

I promise to update you on the Real bit if you do the Bayern board :tongue:

·
Registered
97 Posts
well maldini is doubtful he says if he is 100% fit then he will play otherwise he will not take a risk.cafu is already out and if maldini goes out it will be great news for bayern and balla i am also watching the match live

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Then that's good news for Milan. I think they are better without those 2 old farts, Maldini and Cafu. It looks then that Kaladze and Simic are in. Or maybe another old fart, Costacurta.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
balla_basti said:
I wish we were on opposite boats lili :D

You could watch ur beloved Real live and i could enjoy myself with a taste of live Bayern action. As it is the fates have conspired against us :undecide:
Same here. Real Madrid vs. Arsenal will be televised live, while FC Bayern vs. Milan will be shown tape-delayed on a channel that I cannot get. :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Channels on which the match is gonna be ON:
Premiere Sport Portal

Sky Sports 2

ART Sport 1

Sky Sport 1 (Italia)

Sky Calcio 8

TSI2

CT2

bTV

Polsat Sport Extra

Albania Sat+1 Sport

Sport TV (Delay 21:45)

Polsat Sport (Delay 23:10)

La 2

Sat.1

NTV Russia

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Hello to everyone,

To answer your question, I'm also going to see the match, cause here in Panamá, they show the games live on ESPN Deportes.

I'm very excited about the match and I really hope FC Bayern wins. I will see both match at the same time, cause in ESPN they show Madrid - Arsenal and in ESPN 2 they show Bayern - Milán.

I heard that Maldini was out, and so is Cafú. The most dangerous player I think Milán has is Kaká or Sheva. And dont forget Super Pippo Inzaghi, who scored 3 goals against us in the 2003 UCL disaster. :( :(

1 - 20 of 166 Posts