Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 862 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the second half. Barça have one over their rivals, but the game is far from over.

The players can't afford to relax and rely on the previous scoreline, and I doubt any nonsense like that will enter their minds. We have to forget about the 1st leg and imagine as if we're starting from 0-0. We have to go out there and play our natural attacking game and show the same attitude from the 1st leg.

Chelsea, despite being in a very uncomfortable situation, will not give up without a fight, that's for sure. But the facts are that they need to score 2 goals at least. And needing to score doesn't suit Chelsea at all, so they'll need to be more attack-minded from the start. And that can only be a good thing for us, providing the attackers show up.

The Russians will see their best defender, William Gallas, returning to the team, but Asier Del Horno and Michael Essien are both suspended for the game. Frank Lampard is rated doubtful for the game after receiving a knock while on International duty and faces a race to be fit for the game.

We should see the opponents line up like this:

Cech; Paulo Ferreira, Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Gallas; Makelele, Lampard, Gudjohnsen; Joe Cole, Robben and Crespo.

Regarding us, we should field the same line-up from the first leg, barring the odd rotation (eg. Sylvinho for Gio). I'm still in favour of playing Motta ahead of Iniesta, especially in games like this. Giuly should be available, but it's likely he'll start from the bench.

We can't screw it up now. It's now or never. Lets hope the crowd make the Camp Nou an absolute hell :horny: :stuckup:

Visca el Barça i Visca Catalunya!!! :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
72 Posts
This time chelsea are going to suffer a terrible defeat. I expect a win with 3 goals difference for us.
Oh God i can't wait already!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
our players should be cautios this time as well and play like the bigenning of the first leg, they have to be aware of everything they do, they should not blow things up by underastimate chelsea's players for being behind becuse i think they will fight so hard and they "i guess" would never stop, unless rijkaard plays with tactics to press them , and ofcourse the crowd should have their own game too, they should do whatever they have to do to force them to lose concetration, they should take their throats out if it takes.

i agree with you on playing with motta ahaed of iniesta

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
We demand Chelsea surrender.

THEY HAVE 4 DAYS TO COMPLY!

:howler::howler:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Culéd said:
I have a feeling they will come out 4-4-2, with both Crespo and Drugby from the start.

Cech

Ferreira-Carvalho-Terry-Gallas
Cole-Lampard-Makelele-Robben
Crespo-Drogba

Just a hunch.
I wouldn't rule it out. Moaninho used that formation against us in that dreaded 2nd leg last season (replace Robben with Duff, Crespo with Gudjohnsen and Drogba with Kezman).

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
That, my friends, is Enforcement Droid Series 209. Otherwise known as ED-209, property of OCP. Robocop fought it. Robo is awesome. :D

i was about to say it was robocop.lol

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
The more I think about this match, the more confused I get.

I keep wondering how the Special One will play this tactically. I cannot see them applying their usual recipe of standing back waiting for a counter attack.. They are the ones with the imperative to score (although Barcelona always has an imperative to rip the net, this game is different) and I just don't know how they'll position themselves.

On one hand, they might play a bunker again but that wouldn't make too much sense because they have to score two goals minimum.
On the other hand, they may come out to play actual football but I can't picture that because I've never seen it from Chelsea.
But even if they do come out to attack us (at the very thought of Chelsea FC applying gung ho on FC Barcelona makes me wonder if I should laugh or be worried), how would it look like? Can anyone picture us defending at the Nou Camp? I saw it once, vs Leverkusen, when we defended a 2-1 lead (group stage, tho) and I don't want to see something like that ever again. I don't think we will be screwed into defending all game, but I also wouldn't want us to attempt a thrashing, because we won't pull it off.
We can't attack them like we usually do with our victims at home. We have to play it safe, nice and easy with the flow of our game, yet strong in duels and tackles, we have to hide the ball and not rush into things. If we manage this, they'll see it's no use waiting so they'll go for it, they'll be drawn out in bid for possession and that's where we get our best chance...when Chelsea's midfield is unable to assist the defence, we'll seize the opportunity.

We must play this game with more brains and less heart. I'm afraid that we may be too proud and too confident to take it slow, and then get stabbed by the Russian crew.

This is gonna be harder than Stamford, but if the fans provide the expected amount of support, we should make it through just fine.

When I remember the 2000 tie and the 5-1 thrashing, and the atmosphere in the stadium with 2-0 written all over the stands, I have no doubt that our fellow Cules will make life so much harder for the Special One.

But then again, knowing Mourinho, we may see Chelsea B, so it could still be a walk in the park, hehe.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
VBI, i wanna see him doing this to mourinho too :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm new here btw...
i've heard that Lampard is doubt to the 2nd game...if he doesn't play Barça has plenty chances to win and send Chelski back to Uk...

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Perro Blaugrano said:
i'm new here btw...
i've heard that Lampard is doubt to the 2nd game...if he doesn't play Barça has plenty chances to win and send Chelski back to Uk...
Welcome aboard mate,If ur Drino Mendes from Orkut,U do know who I am. :thumbsup:

PS:And do post in the L'Entorn thread and tel us abt urself.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
adoro BARCA said:
VBI, i wanna see him doing this to mourinho too :D
Hell yes. :D

As far as the game goes, it will be very interesting to see what Mourinho does. Either way, we need to control the ball, and the players also need to realise that there is no need to risk silly passes when a simple ball back will do. Frankly, I would be able to withstand being bored for 90 minutes if we go through. For this one game. We should do what we always do at home, but without the overcommiting to attack that messed us up last time against Chelsea.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Frankly, I would be able to withstand being bored for 90 minutes if we go through. .
Me too, but it won't happen, because one team is Barcelona and the other is Chelsea. One team is attractive, exciting and with a true desire for aesthetics, while the other is coached by the Special One.
This can't be boring, no matter how you look at it.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It would be truly great if the players take their motivation to beat Chelsea and quickly rack up a few goals, thus ending the tie very early. And we can just piss about looking at Mourinho's mug. :D:D

1 - 20 of 862 Posts