Xtratime Community banner

UCL |J4 |Real Madrid vs. Juventus

8K views 275 replies 59 participants last post by  crisxx 
#1 · (Edited)
Group stage - 05 November 2008 20:45 (CET) - Santiago Bernabéu Stadium - Madrid - Spain​

VS.
We host Juventus on Wednsday at the Bernabeu in a contest which showcases two giants of European football. Two giants who are in a completely different position than they were 2 weeks ago. Juve, who were underdogs in matchday 2, now top the group and are fresh off a 2-0 win over Roma on the weekend. While Real Madrid have fallen to 2nd in the group, and have shown very little to be optimistic about after their lacklustre performances in La Liga.

The Old Lady have a poor record in the Bernabeu. Real Madrid have beaten 5 of their last 6 home games against Italian sides; while Juve have lost 13 of their 19 visits to Spain. BUT the pressure will be all on us, as we badly need these 3 points.

Pepe is in doubt for this game which is a huge blow; but RVN should be back in time. Not having DLR is also a blow although Schuster probably doesn't think so.

My Line-up:
Casillas
Ramos Canna Heinze Marcelo
Diarra Gago
Sneijder Guti Robben
Raul

Probable line-up (4-3-3):
Casillas
Ramos Canna Heinze Marcelo
Diarra Gago
Sneijder/Guti
Higuain Robben
Raul​
We will win. Current form doesn't mean much in games like this. We'll beat them like we always do in Madrid. It's going to be a magical champions league night at the most majestic stadium in the World.
Real Madrid 3-1 Juventus

See less See more
#2 ·
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...a/Noticia/Vuelven_Torres_y_Van_Nistelrooy.htm

RVN and Torres are back , lets hope Pepe will be fit too .

anyway , we need 3 points nothing less I think Bernd will start with " Wesley and Guti " for this one and Diarra alone at DM spot

this time I want to see something from Robben , lets be honest comparing to what we have been waiting from him after Super Copa , his performance was absolutely shitty !

#3 ·
Gracias, Kiyan.

Well, I shall follow your optimism . . . yet I will add in a few words of concern: We need to avoid the habit of playing through the centre of the midfield and, in consequence, suffocating ourselves and making it easy for Juventus to strangle us with every move we attempt to make. I can only wish that we had a right winger (and not only for this match) to provide us with sufficient width to avoid them from using their rigidly Italian system.

#4 ·
I can only wish that we had a right winger (and not only for this match) to provide us with sufficient width to avoid them from using their rigidly Italian system.
Indeed. I wonder if we even had one though that Schuster would play with two wingers (see last year when Robinho and Robben never played together).

El Blanco,
I highly doubt Gago will be benched. Schuster loves him, and he's our midfield general. The way I see it; Diarra, Sneijder, Guti and VDV fight for the other positions.

#6 ·
Yes, you could really do with a right winger to expose our weak link in defence... Molinaro.

#11 ·
Tell me about it.

You wouldn't think we were 2 points off the top of the table and well on our way to qualifying for the knock out round of the CL.

People need to get a sense of perspective, no team wins every single game during a season, we even lost to Almeria last season, you know, the season we walked the league and beat every challenger in sight when it mattered.

Get a grip of yourselves for gods sake.

#12 ·
We will not win this game.
It will a 0:1 for Juve. I think Schuster don't have it, especially when it comes to the CL.
He'll play with Gago and Diarra, which is bad.
Why is that bad?? Reals defence has been the weak link this season, and imo its because they havent had enough protection from midfield, playing Gago and Diarra in front of the defence to offer protection will probably go a long way to solve that problem.

#22 ·
What is your expected formation for this game?

Ranieri will probably field

------------------------Manninger
Grygera-----Leggrotaglie-------Chiellini--------Molinaro
Camoranesi-------Tiago--------Sissoko-------Nedved
------------------Amauri-------Del Piero

we have more players available then the last time we met, but I don't see us geting a good result. I predict you win by 2-1

#26 ·
oh man that picture Kiyan, disasterous times they were.

id also play kiyan's lineup, and fvck it, sneijder has to adjust. it's a shame but our squad is full of players we cant use properly for planB - something Schuster has really not shown this season.

#36 ·
Calm down people. Our recent form doesn't promise much from tommorows game and to be honest i don't expect a win couse Juve is anything but an easy oponent. Their really got their act together and are performing really good recently. On the other side our form has recently droped dramaticly and it seems our midfield can't connect neither with the defence nor attack and that is our main problem.

Juve is an expirienced team and i won't be suprised if they take 3 points hope.

That doesn't mean i want them to win. Am just being realistic.

#37 ·
Well people let me tell you one thing.....
No matter how our recent form is.We are not some mid-table team and we don't need special motivation to beat a team in CL.You are forgeting that we are Feking Real MAdrid and we have some of the best players in the world.You are forgeting that a players like we have can play good no matter whats their form or motivaiton..The motivation that these players are geting from comes from The fans..The real fans.Those on the stadium..They gonnaboost their self confidance cos they don't talk shitty conversations like us.
My teams gonna loose?
Well **** you all who think that..
My teams gonna win.Like always.Cos we are the best team in the world and we will stay like that for a long time.....

So i;ll simply say Hala MAdrid...As far as i am asked i will always support you and cheer for you no matter whats you form,how motivated you are,whos your president,whos your coach.....Hala Madrid

MIchel Salgado and Raul have my support until i die....And every single Icon that contributed this team to be on this level..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.